Why Alone?

El Wapo

I have looked for a nice women to know and all the dating sites not one answered... what are they wanting from me?

If they didn't have the good manners to even answer, surely you wouldn't want to get to know them anyway? It's only courteous to answer all messages even if it's only to say you're not interested.
I think it's rigged to get you to keep payingif you meet someone you will not pay more I feel they collect only to keep the communication from getting through. I have a inbox nothing but photos. No messages at all yet the strangers that run these keep saying you have to tons of messages yet none in your inbox.

I don't need a strange person telling me to go online someone sent me a message yet there is messages and a pop-up for lots of some other sites to share must pay more to get in lots of wild men dressed in t shirts on their Harley's. cannot read message from the other ones unless you sign up for their sites. Chats I do not like. Chats you have to join up. I have a inbox empty. I complain after $45.00 they take out Auto magically then message appears from someone you did not message to.

Ok I went for the Officer and a Gentleman one they flashed at me a picture of him walking away from .....his daughter or .. ...why I need a phone to get a printout of the last few months who is attached to my income. The bank ran away two streets over and I can't breathe with those masks on to walk there. Can't call. Tried online banking once the bank let me do my business then completely shut me down. Too much controlling this bank has over me!!!!!!!

I think it's rigged to get you to keep payingif you meet someone you will not pay more I feel they collect only to keep the communication from getting through. I have a inbox nothing but photos
No messages at all yet the strangers that run these keep saying you have to tons of messages yet none in your inbox. I don't need a strange person telling me to go online someone sent me a message yet there is messages and a pop-up for lots of some other sites to share must pay more to get in lots of wild men dressed in t shirts on their Harley's. cannot read message from the other ones unless you sign up for their sites. Chats I do not like. Chats you have to join up. I have a inbox empty. I complain after $45.00 they take out Auto magically then message appears from someone you did not message to.
Ok I went for the Officer and a Gentleman one they flashed at me a picture of him walking away from .....his daughter or .. ...why I need a phone to get a printout of the last few months who is attached to my income. The bank ran away two streets over and I can't breathe with those masks on to walk there. Can't call. Tried online banking once the bank let me do my business then completely shut me down. Too much controlling this bank has over me!!!!!!!
I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences. Personally I wouldn't advise anyone to actually pay to make friends. There are plenty of sites which don't charge anything. It really depends what you're looking for.

it’s pretty impossible to date right now, IMO, you will have to wait till the virus calms down in your area. Then strike up conversations in grocery lines or wherever you are etc. with woman your age or the age you want to date. Try and shop in the same places.

The senior center, church, parks other common places where woman are and be friendly, not pushy. You’ll meet people, practice your social skills, and eventually make friends that can lead to dating. It’s old school, but should work. Or not, what do I know? I’ve been married over 48 years in my second marriage, 🤣.

Just say you recently received a nice insurance settlement and are looking for someone to spend it with.
noble+lady.png

A lot of single (whether widowed or divorced) women in my generation feel that men in our generation are looking for a woman to be their housekeeper & servant rather than equal intellectual companion. Who needs it? I know interesting men to chat with at the Sr center, but would never want to bring any of them home with me.

A lot of single (whether widowed or divorced) women in my generation feel that men in our generation are looking for a woman to be their housekeeper & servant rather than equal intellectual companion.

I agree. And another complication is too many look at single women as individuals they can live off.. been encountering this for a long time: my most 'attractive feature' is the fact that I have a job. Nope, not interested!!!!!

I think you find someone when are not actively looking. Like going to dinners at your local churches or senior centers. I know a lot of my friends like to go to Bingo, so I imagine there would be a number of single ladies there. Some women are not looking for marriage but a companion to go places with. Just go to various activities in your area and meet people and you will be sure to meet some single women or someone will introduce you to someone they know.

It's my first time to join a dating website and I've met some decent guys to chat with. Only time will tell if we keep on communicating. I'm leery of those who say they're in love after seeing my pic and profile!? Really? WTF! you must be in love with love.
What dating site did you make contact?

I didn't pay POF to upgrade. Most men there don't pay as well. I registered at this dating website with an open mind. It would be nice to have someone to chat with whose values, likes, dislikes, etc. aligns with mine. If I don't meet anyone interesting, no harm done.

I take advantage of this time of COVID-19 where there's no pressure to meet in person. The closest (and safest) to meeting in person is video chat. My camera is off initially, so I can filter whether they're the same guy online. My posted pic is recent so I look the same on video. So far, so good.

Most of those things I regretted not doing are those I got cold feet based on other's negative experience. I trust my gut feel with a lot of common sense thrown in. Yoda said do, or do not, there is no try.

I checked the other sites for seniors and there were fees just to see who you're matched with so I'm just on pof.

I have come to realize, sadly, that dating sites are not the best idea for me. There are a lot of fake profiles and phony people on some of those sites. Also romance scams happen too. You are really lucky no one has tried to romance scam you. Two men tried it on me. Now I know what to look for to avoid them. It's hard though.

I think it's a better idea to go to social events like dances--I think that's a better way. I used to go to them years ago and met a few nice guys. Nothing came of it, though.

Better yet, I think I'd just rather be alone and not trying to find someone. It's a real PITA! I am really happy being alone with my pet family and knowing some kind neighbors I have. We have some social events here and chat at times. For right now, I think that's good enough for me. I'm getting too old and too tired to try these dating sites anymore. I seem to attract the wrong types. I have made a friend though, so that's good!

Experience has proven to me that I'm happier by myself. As for dating. I am not interested. The reason is that 'seniors' come with long histories and those histories can be obscured by criminal records being expunged, bankruptcies cleared, total fictions told that can't be uncovered. So, the idea of a dating site seems far too potentially dangerous. Please, follow the advice of others in your search for a companion/relationship - engage people in conversation in public places that you visit frequently. (And do it with a smile!)

Experience has proven to me that I'm happier by myself. As for dating. I am not interested. The reason is that 'seniors' come with long histories and those histories can be obscured by criminal records being expunged, bankruptcies cleared, total fictions told that can't be uncovered. So, the idea of a dating site seems far too potentially dangerous. Please, follow the advice of others in your search for a companion/relationship - engage people in conversation in public places that you visit frequently. (And do it with a smile!)
Em, have you been married? If so, have kids/grandkids? Just wondering if you enjoy the kids. Been taking a poll lately and its all over the board...lol. Thanks in advance for sharing if you want to.

i think you are missing out on alot

not as a lady but as a human that connection
i guess i just don't see myself as missing out on anything except the struggle and heartbreak that always seems to be associated with romantic relations. it's sad but, i've come to accept the terms and have learned to deal with it. that's why some of us don't date. my life is more pleasant and fulfilling when i can do things for me. some people need other people to be happy. some of us have learned to live without. for me it's just more comfortable this way.

i come home and i don't have to worry about having dinner on the table for HIM and when i was the last one home he NEVER had dinner waiting for me. i still had to stop and fix it. don't have anyone to argue with. i can set the heat and a/c where i want since i'm paying the bill. i can go where i want when i want without having to worry about upsetting the man as opposed to the man toodling off whenever with no consideration to the mrs. things like that. i can appreciate being alone and living for myself.

Back