Why is the US birthrate of about 4 million kids per year the same for over 30 years?

Now you've gone off the subject and are making personal attacks....sadly typical for many of these sites....and certain people!
Your personal attack was directed at millions, even billions of people. Sadly not typical of a person of your illustrious profession, and I mean that sincerely. You may as well have said "I prefer white type humans with access to education and daily showers and food that doesn't smell funny to me" and that would have been more honest than the words you chose: Decent, Wrong Sort of People.

Your personal attack was directed at millions, even billions of people. Sadly not typical of a person of your illustrious profession, and I mean that sincerely. You may as well have said "I prefer white type humans with access to education and daily showers and food that doesn't smell funny to me" and that would have been more honest than the words you chose: Decent, Wrong Sort of People.

Your avatar says "Peace Now", but your posts say "I've got a stick stuck very far up my butt".

Perhaps I've had more experience of people than you have.

Your avatar says "Peace Now", but your posts say "I've got a stick stuck very far up my butt".
This is the second time you've objected to my avatar. You're also vulgar to me when I have not shown the same to you. That's why generalizations don't work--most Massachusetts people in my experience have more of a cosmopolitan class, including Boston Southies. Therefore, I had higher hopes for you. Peace means not indulging in wars, not in not being able to disagree or challenge.

This is the second time you've objected to my avatar. You're also vulgar to me when I have not shown the same to you. That's why generalizations don't work--most Massachusetts people in my experience have more of a cosmopolitan class, including Boston Southies. Therefore, I had higher hopes for you. Peace means not indulging in wars, not in not being able to disagree or challenge.

I have yet to ever object to your avatar. Why make things up?

Vulgar? Not even close, just a mere perception of your ability to compare my thoughts to Adolph Hitler without first taking the time to find out what my thoughts actually are. All the while throwing insults at other posters while claiming to be the victim, classic passive aggressive qualities.

I honestly don't care what your experiences with Massachusetts people are. Anyone who uses the term "cosmopolitan class" to describe people from Southie, has never been to Southie nor truly knows anyone from Southie. And FYI, Southie is part of Boston. Massachusetts isn't the largest state, but it's a bit bigger than a small section of Boston, so your sample pool is extremely small.

Your ability to disagree or challenge is seriously lacking, so far it's been nothing but insults from you, the peace lover. I attempted to open up dialogue when i asked your thoughts on Darwinism, but you cast it off as "irrelevant". So now I'm sitting here wondering just how long that stick is.

Just looked it up. Someone else objected to avatar. A thousand apologies.

If you wish to start a separate thread on Darwinism, I'm not stopping you.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I see no need to indulge you but will correct you on one important point: "......... just a mere perception of your ability to compare my thoughts to Adolph Hitler without first taking the time to find out what my thoughts actually are," said you. I wasn't even talking about you, not at all, I was speaking directly to Rosemarie. You didn't even cross my mind.

Bye.

Just looked it up. Someone else objected to avatar. A thousand apologies.

If you wish to start a separate thread on Darwinism, I'm not stopping you.

As for the rest of your diatribe, I see no need to indulge you but will correct you on one important point: "......... just a mere perception of your ability to compare my thoughts to Adolph Hitler without first taking the time to find out what my thoughts actually are," said you. I wasn't even talking about you, not at all, I was speaking directly to Rosemarie. You didn't even cross my mind.

Bye.

I agreed with what Rosemarie said, so whether your "Adolph" comment was aimed directly at me or not, it still applied to me.

giphy.gif

I'm with Pepper on this one. I find the remark "The wrong sort of people are breeding" to be cringingly racist.

Did pepper even mention it was racist? I think you're the first to bring race into it Trade.

If you read the text that Rosemarie was replying to, there is no race involved. Rosemarie's reply was to the quote below which was focused on drug abusers having kids. I happen to agree with Rosemarie's comment and the thought of race never crossed my mind when reading it.

Just from observation in my neck of the woods, higher socioeconomic couples of all races are having fewer children than generations past. But the downside is that there are children I know of firsthand being born to druggies who don't use contraception while high. That's across all races as well. It frightens me that at some point the numbers of children who are being born to mothers who do all the right things for healthy pregnancies will be overwhelmed by children who were exposed to drugs in utero (mostly meth, crack and heroin in our area) along with the horrible nutrition and other bad lifestyle factors that go along with addiction. I can see how these factors might hold the numbers fairly steady.

Some of the cases I know of firsthand, the addicted mother has had more than one child while using. I am completely for incarcerating pregnant addicts until the child is born, then implanting a Nexaplon birth control device. Nexaplon lasts five years and could be removed if the addict got sober and wanted to have a planned, healthy pregnancy.

Okay, I did find this in onne of pepper's posts, so Pepper did bring race into it. My mistake trade.

You may as well have said "I prefer white type humans with access to education and daily showers and food that doesn't smell funny to me" and that would have been more honest than the words you chose: Decent, Wrong Sort of People.

To each his own.

I take words at face value and try not to read other people's minds unless they have a proven track record.

You have your opinion, I have mine. And never the twain shall meet.

Therefore I conclude that furthur discussion would be a waste of both your time and mine. :)

You have your opinion, I have mine. And never the twain shall meet.

Therefore I conclude that furthur discussion would be a waste of both your time and mine. :)

Agreed!

I'm not sure why I got so invested in this thread to begin with. I usually try to avoid these conversations.

Okay, I did find this in onne of pepper's posts, so Pepper did bring race into it. My mistake trade.
How kind of you, how gentlemanly, to admit your mistake to Trade. He shouldn't be the recipient of your apology for your aggressive tirade, *I* should. I read between the lines and know he agrees. Now don't get me wrong, I can appreciate anal humor, but yours crossed a line into deviancy. I considered making a complaint to Matrix about it, but since you're from Massachusetts I forgave you.

How kind of you, how gentlemanly, to admit your mistake to Trade. He shouldn't be the recipient of your apology for your aggressive tirade, *I* should. I read between the lines and know he agrees. Now don't get me wrong, I can appreciate anal humor, but yours crossed a line into deviancy. I considered making a complaint to Matrix about it, but since you're from Massachusetts I forgave you.

Didn't you say "Bye" about 8 posts ago?? 😄

My heart bleeds for you. 😭

Get over yourself.

@Pepper If you'll read back up, you'll see that @Rosemarie quoted my post referring to pregnancies that occur in the addicted population. That is the "wrong sort of people" on so many levels ...those who are exposing children in utero to drugs, malnutrition and then are rearing them in physical and emotional neglect so long as the parents are using.

Context in online communication is vitally important since non-verbal cues are missing.

Just from observation in my neck of the woods, higher socioeconomic couples of all races are having fewer children than generations past. But the downside is that there are children I know of firsthand being born to druggies who don't use contraception while high. That's across all races as well. It frightens me that at some point the numbers of children who are being born to mothers who do all the right things for healthy pregnancies will be overwhelmed by children who were exposed to drugs in utero (mostly meth, crack and heroin in our area) along with the horrible nutrition and other bad lifestyle factors that go along with addiction. I can see how these factors might hold the numbers fairly steady.

This is one of the reasons why our society is in such a mess. The wrong sort of people are breeding.

How autocratic of you! You're such a lovely person.

Last edited:

Back