Will We Ever Know?

Sure, I can relate to that. But the reality is, why does there have to be life from unknown science. The same theorem can apply to why there is not extra terrestrial life from known science. The Earth is about 14 Billion years old. If they don't arrive within the next 5-10 billion, there won't be an Earth.

Sure, I can relate to that. But the reality is, why does there have to be from unknown science. The same theorem can apply to why there is not extra terrestrial life from known science. The Earth is about 14 Billion years old. If they don't arrive within the next 5-10 billion, there won't be an Earth.
That's just it, there are no guarantees, there are no absolutes, however, regardless of whether or not planet Earth continues to exist between now and 5-10 billion years from now, plays no part in the fact that other advanced and intelligent life-forms (more than likely) do exist outside our own galaxy.

I have always believed it to be foolish on our part to believe that we are the only ones that inhabit the entire vast universe. There is absolutely nothing about that factually that reflects a sense of reality or intelligence. It just simply does not add up. To me the vastness of space motivates me to believe it's incontrovertible.

Like I said, the Universe is so vast, it is quite possible some degree of life exists. I agree that NO as a finite term is unrealistic since the observable Universe is 96 billion light years in diameter. There is no way any human can scientifically discount other life.
Travel is the key to any suggestion of a visit to Earth, that's the blockade.

Do you believe people that have sworn they were abducted by aliens/spaceships?

Like I said, the Universe is so vast, it is quite possible some degree of life exists. I agree that NO as a finite term is unrealistic since the observable Universe is 96 billion light years in diameter. There is no way any human can discount other life.
Travel is the key to any suggestion of a visit to Earth, that's the blockade.

Do you believe people that have sworn they were abducted by aliens/spaceships?
I have mixed feelings on it, but there have been a few cases that have really compelled me to believe it's absolutely possible and has even happened.

Fast-forward to 31:37

There were two psychologically crippling fears in my life. WWIII and aliens coming to visit us. Now that I am older, maybe not wiser but older just the same and maybe, just maybe if the wealthy and powerful had my mindset there would no nuclear war because if I'm living somewhere in the upper atmosphere glowing like a burning cinder I can't spend my money. I still look up in the night sky and fear seeing a bright dot in the sky growing larger and larger and larger until I see the contrails of our ICBMs streaming toward our intended visitors. Why? Because we are naturally suspicious paranoid hostile warrior species that fear any and everything we feel we can't manipulate and control and will attempt to destroy the unknown no matter the consequences. From personal experience in being inundated with science fiction movies, television shows and written literature I feel the same exact way because in just about 99% of these encounters didn't work out too well for humanity even in "CEOTTK" everybody lived but still Roy Neary lost his job.

Man, just man.
There are excellent neurological answers to all of these types of experiences. I'm not saying that the neurological answers are the correct ones in all cases, just that there's an excellent chance that they are. If anyone's interested in an easy read about all of this, I recommend Dr. Kevin Nelson's book The Spiritual Doorway in the Brain: A Neurologist's Search for the God Experience. It has probably all of the "weird" stuff in one place.

Back