Women & Motorcycles

With your hair flying from underneath your helmet and full leathers? Yes! 😂
I don't think we were required to wear helmets then. And no leathers. lol

Just my levis and little top, shades and yes, hair blowin' in the wind.

Oh yea, and holding on tight!

I don't think we were required to wear helmets then. And no leathers. lol

Just my levis and little top, shades and yes, hair blowin' in the wind.

Oh yea, and holding on tight!
No helmets?
No leathers?
Well I guess that was part of the excitement for some.
View attachment 158088
At least she's wearin' a helmet . . . :rolleyes:
Come on SetWave! Let’s at least have women with clothes on. 😏

It was maybe 20 years ago that I was called to the scene of a motorcycle accident on I-81. A women on a Harley Sportster pulled onto the interstate from the ramp and into the path of an oncoming tractor trailer going about 70 mph. At least most of us has seen what a semi will do to a deer. Well almost the same happens to a human. She was spread over and down the highway for about 275 feet. Drugs and driving do not go together very well.

It was maybe 20 years ago that I was called to the scene of a motorcycle accident on I-81. A women on a Harley Sportster pulled onto the interstate from the ramp and into the path of an oncoming tractor trailer going about 70 mph. At least most of us has seen what a semi will do to a deer. Well almost the same happens to a human. She was spread over and down the highway for about 275 feet. Drugs and driving do not go together very well.
My brother was killed on a motorcycle by a transport trailer.

This image could be doctored but even then looks fascinating enough to put a smile on our faces. The old lady is riding a Harley like a pro, all the while dressed in a saree (a 6-meter cloth wrapped around the body like a sarong) and flip-flops. You would be able to spot such women from India in fish markets, literally, because they belong to the fish-catching community. You are unlikely to find any of them on a Harley though, which is what makes it such an incongruous image.
40F671DF-6032-415A-8598-03FAEA8F7E08.jpeg

This image could be doctored but even then looks fascinating enough to put a smile on our faces. The old lady is riding a Harley like a pro, all the while dressed in a saree (a 6-meter cloth wrapped around the body like a sarong) and flip-flops. You would be able to spot such women from India in fish markets, literally, because they belong to the fish-catching community. You are unlikely to find any of them on a Harley though, which is what makes it such an incongruous image.
View attachment 160048
Except for not wearing a helmet.... lol.... good for her.

Most impressive lady motorcyclist I have ever met was in Kuwait, I worked there a bit.

She was very into motorcycles, and Kuwait is liberal enough that it was ok. When Sadam's army invaded she wrapper herself in tight clothing, padded to look male, tied her hair up and hid it in her helmet, and then rode out through Saudi Arabia making her way to Bahrain. At that time (and probably still today) it was illegal for a woman to drive or travel along in Saudi, so she not only had to evade the Iraqi army, but Saudi's religious police as well. She made it to tell the tale, not one I will forget!

Most impressive lady motorcyclist I have ever met was in Kuwait, I worked there a bit.

She was very into motorcycles, and Kuwait is liberal enough that it was ok. When Sadam's army invaded she wrapper herself in tight clothing, padded to look male, tied her hair up and hid it in her helmet, and then rode out through Saudi Arabia making her way to Bahrain. At that time (and probably still today) it was illegal for a woman to drive or travel along in Saudi, so she not only had to evade the Iraqi army, but Saudi's religious police as well. She made it to tell the tale, not one I will forget!
What an uplifting story.
Thank you for sharing it.

View attachment 160048
What's wrong with that picture is that she doesn't have her entire family, several bundles and a goat on there with her.

I bought my first motorcycle a 650 BSA from a British motor cycle champion in 1973. She had a shop in a Chicago suburb and it was the last one she had then she was off back to England.

Back