• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Troll

RubyK

Though the word "troll" has existed in the English language for some time, it wasn't used as internet slang until 1992, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. When used online, this slang term refers to someone who intentionally makes offensive comments with the goal of stirring up controversy.

It annoys me when trolls disrupt a conversation on a chat board. It is simply courage behind a keyboard. I always wonder about such people.

When my daughter was young Trolls were a collectible doll....

2392237019_01cecd96f8.jpg

CARP CAUGHT TROLLING!​

13-POUNDS-8-OUNCES.jpg

ON SUNDAY OCT 14TH 2012, CHRIS WATTIER OF DENVER AT CHATFIELD LAKE

WAS TROLLING A BOTTOM BOUNCER WITH A 2 INCH RAPALLA FISHING FOR WALLEYE. WHAT HE CAUGHT TO EVERYONES AMAZEMENT WAS THIS 13 POUND 8 OUNCE 31 INCH LONG CARP. IT WAS POHTOGRAPHED AND REALESED.

https://www.in-fisherman.com/editorial/carp-caught-trolling/153679

@PacoDennis ~ That's a big fish you (is that you?)caught back in 2012 by trolling. I enjoyed looking at the In-Fisherman Magazine. That guy caught a huge muskie, a favorite fish in MN, the land of 10,000 lakes. Nothing tastes better than a fresh-caught muskie dinner.

Last edited:
@PacoDennis ~ That's a big fish you (is that you?)caught back in 2012 by trolling. I enjoyed looking at the In-Fisherman Magazine. That guy caught a huge muskie, a favorite fish in MN, the land of 10,000 lakes. Nothing tastes better than a fresh-caught muskie dinner.
No. I don't believe I ever tasted Muskie. #6 on my "bucket list" now. :)

Back