World Cup Cricket

Interesting, reading about something I know absolutely zilch. Cricket is where you hit a ball with a long paddle, right? Is the ball rolled on the ground, or thrown through the air? I think you run bases, right? How many bases? Can you get tagged out? Are there strikes, fouls and balls?

Very exciting night for sports fans between the epic match at Wimbledon between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic and the Cricket World Cricket finale. Novak won 7-6 , 1-6, 7-6 , 4-6, 13-12 and that last set was amazing.

Then the World Cup Cricket was won by England although in a test match it would probably have been declared a tie.

England has claimed its maiden World Cup title in an extraordinary finale against New Zealand at Lord's, a final that has already been described as the greatest of all time and thrilled the sporting world with a finish for the ages.

For those not completely baffled by cricket, here is an explanation about how the final result was arrived at.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07...-decided-the-cricket-world-cup-final/11308738

Last edited:
I lived in Japan for over 10 years and got into baseball to some extent . Took interest in Japanese players reaching the big leagues in America. hideki matsui? ichiro Suzuki? that was a long time ago now..l

Back