Writing My First Haiku Poem

Meanderer

Supreme Member
Haiku

We live along side a dairy farm. Have, for the past forty years. On the last day of the year, the youngest of two aging Brothers was killed, when cutting down a tree went awry. The landscape has been empty.
:(

The empty landscape

drifting lazily along

Minus Calvin's tracks.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for your kind replies. Here is a picture of Calvin a couple years ago, after a July storm came through.
Calvin.jpg

Aww, such a void, but he left a plot of God's creation a better place and cared for it as God intended. He left you a nice view. Your poem is poignant and with only 17 syllables in true Haiku form. Well penned my friend.

This is one that I like.
haiku-5.jpg

Can someone explain Haiku to me? I know I looked at some of it in college. I just never understood what it's about. Yes, I read the link at the beginning here, but to me more words are needed for a person to convey meaning.

Haiku

We live along side a dairy farm. Have, for the past forty years. On the last day of the year, the youngest of two aging Brothers was killed, when cutting down a tree went awry. The landscape has been empty.
:(

The empty landscape

drifting lazily along

Minus Calvin's tracks.
Beautifully written. On a lighter note, I'm a stand-up comic and worked on a project where I took jokes and turned them into haikus.

Joke: Little girl goes into the barbershop eating a snack. The barber says, "Young lady you're getting hair on your Twinkie." She says, "I know, and I'm getting boobs too."

Haiku:
Young girl barber shop
Eating snack, hair on Twinkie
I know and boobs too.

Back