XFL Football League to start in January 2020

8mmoDju.gif
Jerry: Me thinks yer right -- Kaila holds this thread together. She knows more about what's going on than I certainly do.

thankyou.gif
K!

Bonnie
Your missed stick your head in every once in a while; doesn't appear any of us are interested in XFL, just marking time until NFL season begins.
Your a Cleveland fan-right?

I follow a few teams

Last edited:
To be honest, I haven't seen any of the XFL since the first week-end and didn't even watch a complete game then.

As I'm also a baseball fan, my attention has been diverted to Spring Training and the various trades. A lifelong Red Sox fan, Fenway Park is the only major league park that I've attended, with the exception of watching a NY Giants game at the Polo Grounds, back before the Giants moved to San Francisco. Must have been early 50's as our ship was in dry-dock right across the river in Hoboken, NJ., and we could get free tickets at the USO in NYC.

I've some good memories of making a small handful of very enjoyable, fun trips to Fenway Park, @DaveA
It was back before many of the current renovations, which would be great to see, but not an option for me now. Thanks for reminding me of those happy times.

Well, so long XFL League ..... Covid-19 brought it to a complete end. It was dismantled earlier this month for good.
A few lucky players were picked up by the NFL.

Heh, thanks for that Bonnie. I knew that it had been suspended, but didn't know that it was tossed in the eternal scrapyard. :D

I'm not crying about it, despite early hopes -- I never even watched an entire game. Heck I never even watched an entire half. ;)

Well, OldD, did you watch a single kick-off?

:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for that funny post, @Old Dummy

I am just here for a moment, to say hello to all.... busy with other stuff.....
Take care, everyone!

Oh, there's @jerry old
and I agree,
but NFL says they are unlikely to even have a sky judge, that was proposed by some NFL teams, and would correct wrong calls that decide some significant NFL games.
Oh well, you were right, back when you explained it, J., that maybe they just refuse to adopt something from an "inferior" league.

Last edited:
Well, OldD, did you watch a single kick-off?

:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for that funny post, @Old Dummy

I am just here for a moment, to say hello to all.... busy with other stuff.....
Take care, everyone!

Oh, there's Jerry, and I agree,
but NFL says they are unlikely to even have a sky judge, that was proposed by some NFL teams, and would correct wrong calls that decide some significant NFL games.
Oh well, you were right, back when you explained it, J., that maybe they just refuse to adopt something from an "interior" league.

Good to "see" you K! Of course, most importantly, how are you folks doing? Everybody in your circle ok?

I did watch several kickoffs. After a few minutes or so, I would leave it on but go back to surfing -- much like I do when an NFL game is on that I have no interest in. From time to time of course, I might go back for a bit then leave again.

Oh well, we can only hope that the NFL is back in the fall. Everything I'm hearing is that it will be.

You have to admit that the XFL uniforms were colorful, right?

And we agreed some time ago, that is one of the important things we all look for in sports viewing. :sneaky:

My little circle is very saddened and stressed, over the local escalations, but are okay so far, and hanging in here.
Colorful crocuses blooming in the yard, don't seem to mind or care, what goes on around them, and it's great to see their bright petals !

You have to admit that the XFL uniforms were colorful, right?

And we agreed some time ago, that is one of the important things we all look for in sports viewing. :sneaky:

My little circle is very saddened and stressed, over the local escalations, but are okay so far, and hanging in here.
Colorful crocuses blooming in the yard, don't seem to mind or care, what goes on around them, and it's great to see their bright petals !

Colors: Yes, very important. And some of them were quite nice!

Throughout the very brief life of the XFL we never got much rooting practice. Who is it -- Bonnie? -- that said she doesn't know how to root properly, and she didn't get chance to improve. Hopefully she found a copy of the out-of-print "Rooting for Dummies" (not that she's dumb) and she can practice all summer. Maybe she should check Youtube, I'm sure somebody has got a video about it.

Yes, my daffodils and some wild flowers are blooming. I'm sitting on my porch as I type this, it's 60-something out.

It's hard to practice rooting for something when there's nothing to root for,
but you could probably produce a video on it anyway, OldD.

But how do you know we weren't rooting for the half season, while you were surfing?

Daffodils are up out of the ground, but not budding yet.
We're behind your plants. A few pansy types are the only other thing besides crocus, in bloom here, so far.

It's hard to practice rooting for something when there's nothing to root for,
but you could probably produce a video on it anyway, OldD.

But how do you know we weren't rooting for the half season, while you were surfing?

The scant times I watched, I rooted for the best colored uniforms. Isn't that how you build yourself up as a professional, accepted fan for any particular sports team? I mean, it isn't that the team is closest to you geographically, or how well they trounced a team you hate, but the color combo of their uniforms?

So are you admitting to being a closet rooter?

Old Dummy doing his thing during the ill-fated XFL half-season:

250px-Surfing_in_Hawaii.jpg

I, for one, won't be "missing" the XFL because I never got to enjoy it. A couple of 10 minute looks is all that I gave it. Nothing in particular wrong with it but just couldn't work up any interest.

I do tend to be a "homer" and if there's been a team here in Massachusetts, I'd have probably followed it a bit more. After all, I followed the Patriots when they were in the old AFL, as soon as they hit the TV screens. I didn't actually get to a live game until they were in the NFL.

went to three cowboy games in the 7o's (free tickets), never again, park 1/2 mile from stadium, plus all the walking once inside the stadium
the players were about 6" tall, much better on TV.

went to three cowboy games in the 7o's (free tickets), never again, park 1/2 mile from stadium, plus all the walking once inside the stadium

👍

I went to three Bills' games, late '90s-early 2000s. I've never been a morning person, and this was like getting up to go to work. I live 80-90 miles from the stadium so we had to start early. Tailgating was fun though.

Getting out of the area after the game was over was a nightmare. Luckily I was always a passenger, which was a bit better.

I'm a technical guy, and when watching a game I want to know everything that's going on -- the downs, how far to go to get the first, who got a flag and why, why was a play under review, etc. Ha, forget all that when you're at the stadium.

Somebody suggested getting a pocket radio with ear thingies and tune it to the game. I did that for the second game and it was a YUGE help.

Overall it was fun in its own way and I don't regret doing it, but I won't ever again. I much prefer to get out of bed when I want, shuffle to the couch at 1:00 pm in my jammies, settle in, having every tidbit of info right there in front of me, and zero traffic.

smiley-popcorn.gif

In the 90's, I hauled the visiting team's equipment from the airport to the stadium..Got sideline passes and hauled them back to the airport..Paid me $385 for the day!! Great fun..

Back