XFL Football League to start in January 2020

Hi, all.
I am hanging in here, and I enjoyed seeing the posts on this thread, from yesterday.

It was confusing when I watched parts of those 2 games, yesterday, (Saturday)
because teams wearing red, were different teams with different players, than I saw wearing red, the previous weekend. o_O:oops:

They should have a rule or a law against that.

The networks and the league do not seem to realize how much this matters to we, the avid and astute observers.

But it also means that the red team I watched last week, which might be one of my favorite teams :ROFLMAO:
must be playing in one of the 2 games today. I think. Not sure about it.:rolleyes:
It might be Houston?

I did try to root for the New York team yesterday, along with OldD and DaveA, but the other QB is someone I had wanted to see, and he did play well, and their play calling and coach seemed the better of the 2.

I only watched parts of the first half of that 1st game, Saturday, and then needed to nap. But that's my analysis. I noticed from the score that NY didnt make a 2nd half comeback.

Now I am not sure if OldD caused their problem, or if I did.
I might have the same medical deficiency, mentioned in his previous post.
:sneaky:. I wonder which specialty of doctor, would be best for that. Not sure there is one here, locally.

We could consider testing ourselves, by rooting for whichever red team plays today.

While Jerry
does not like to root for teams with red uniforms, for very valid reasons given in previous postings, though that did not go well for him last week, either, when he rooted for white uniforms and they lost.:rolleyes:

This is serious pondering. Okay, I'd better stop my rambling now. :unsure::sleep:

Note: One game between some teams are playing at 3pm, today, EST, and one between some other teams, is at 6pm EST.
I predict that 2 teams will win today, and 2 will lose.

The first game today is on ABC. They seem to have more junk on screen, etc, than the Fox.

The second game today (Sunday) is on Fs1. I dont know who gets that channel.

Hi Kaila, glad to "see" you!
yay.gif

3 PM game is Dallas at Los Angeles. Don't care about either team, so I will aim my rooting machine once I see the uniform colors. If neither is red, well then "Houston . . . we've got a problem."

Never heard of FS1 and too lazy to Google it but I know I don't get it.

If the doc tells me the medication for "Rooting Deficiency" is dirty martinis -- then I'm all set!
QqlHfuc.gif

Yes TO KAILA

was watching Seattle play a team in white and green strips (I think)
The score at the bottom of screen was Settle 14 and the other team-
I didn't know who they were-they used a big letter W on N, I couldn't make out who they were.
The announcers mentioned "Seattle," but not the name of the other team.

If you want us to watch teams were not familiar with, players were not familiar with you need to do something!

It's fun to see the replies. (y)(y)
They made me smile. :)

Seattle seemed to be a very good team, from the parts I saw of that game.

I agree, it's difficult to tell who is who....
The opponent team might have been Tampa.

Wash DC team (1st game yesterday?) and Seattle team looked pretty good.

One of the games (I cant remember if it was this weekend or last weekend o_O:rolleyes:)

had one team wearing blue and white, and the other team wearing white and blue. Really?!
See any problem with that?
Or was it, one team wore blue and black, and the other wore black and blue.
No puns intended.
But gosh, those are not good color selections!

Perhaps they know we are desperate, and that's the only reason we are watching any of this.?

I can definitely see why you would need to charge so much for that, OldD.
So much planning and research obviously went into the design.

I am not sure which end it starts and which it ends.
Seems like it would be very accurate and effective though.

If it predicts the winners, in addition to doing the adequate cheering, then I might place an order.

I do hope it comes all set up, because I do not think I can follow the directions to set it up.o_O

You do not keep the fans confused about teams, players, what's going on?
As Kaila point out, who is playing, why do they have similar uniforms?

The XFL only has one team, St. Louis which does not have an NFL
Team. That seems to be a poor decision.

Still have not be able to find out what stadiums they play in, they have to be rented.
I'm confused, as are many of the post here-that is a good way to lose
viewers.
Will turn on todays game, if it is not clear as to what is going on, switch to turner classic films

You do not keep the fans confused about teams, players, what's going on?
As Kaila point out, who is playing, why do they have similar uniforms?

The XFL only has one team, St. Louis which does not have an NFL
Team. That seems to be a poor decision.

Still have not be able to find out what stadiums they play in, they have to be rented.
I'm confused, as are many of the post here-that is a good way to lose
viewers.
Will turn on todays game, if it is not clear as to what is going on, switch to turner classic films

Jerry, on the stadium thing: I heard some commentator on yesterday's first game say something like "They have nice stadiums . . . " which was shown in the background behind them. I was waiting for a little more info on that (who actually owns them?) but got nuttin.

It's amusing to me, how enthusiastic the announcers pretend to be,
and it's funny how they are saying how wonderful ,everyone thinks it is! :ROFLMAO:

They also cite all sorts of extreme reasons why this league is relevant. :LOL:

They are very creative, but we know they are getting paid to hype it.!

Do any of you/us/we
think that any NFL scouts are actually watching anything of these games....

and do you think that ANY one or 2 or of these players
have any chance, of getting onto a Practice squad or getting a chance to be a back-up, next NFL season?

I'm thinking this might be a gambling league. Don't know how that operates up, but it was a big Las Vegas deal when they were forming the league.
I think the 'wrassseling guy' who formed the league is a sleazy type.
I'm becoming disinterested on games.
(Probably a lie, if it a ballgame I tend to watch)

Kaila-don't know, some of the receivers and running backs look good,
but I can't determine the quality of the defense.
I tend to watch the linemen, where the merits of the player are easier to judge.
'

K: It comes with online video assembly and "How to Use" instructions.

Plz send a bank draft to:

Old Dummy
1 Elm Street
Anywhere, USA

TIA!
Can that coffee pot handle decaf and if not can you send along an adapter to handle it? At 2 grand, the adapter shouldn't add too much to the price.

Glad to hear that you're up and about, Kaila. Hope you health continues to improve. 😉

I watched the first minute or two, got bored, and started cooking dinner. Just came back to the TV, almost halftime and it's 3-0.
sleep.gif

Anybody watching it?

Because sales of my Rooting Machine have dropped off since the SB and XFL isn't helping, I'm offering them now at the deep discout of $1699.00 each, two for $3,000 -- FREE SHIPPING!
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

OD, K, Dave, Lethe,...
The biggest attraction so far is seeing what you guys think of this XFL.
The rodeo is over, so I will take a peak.

Flash: China admits 'we have a problem, much worse than has been portrayed.'
The world is too small, after discussing China, 'We (USA) are concerned
how it is going to effect our GNP.'
Right, that's my concern

6 to 3 dallas, got my mind set on boring, take a shower
darn. LA scored now
LA 9 Dallas 3 You guys are betting big money, washing machines, toasters, coffee pot handles
Betch a 12 oz Dr. Pepper Dallas looses ,

Last edited:
Can that coffee pot handle decaf and if not can you send along an adapter to handle it? At 2 grand, the adapter shouldn't add too much to the price.

So funny, Dave. Thanks for that comment!

I watched the first minute or two, got bored, and started cooking dinner. Just came back to the TV, almost halftime and it's 3-0.
sleep.gif

I had to go back to bed for a while.... then I couldn't remember what I saw of the first game.
Oh, it took a while, but I remembered I hadn't seen it.:rolleyes:

Now, it is shocking to see, that near the end of the game, both teams have finally remembered that the goal is to get the ball into the end zone.

OD, K, Dave, Lethe,...
The biggest attraction so far is seeing what you guys think of this XFL.

I agree totally about that, Jerry!!!!

JERRY, turn on the game. It has less than 2 minutes left, and it looks like a DALLAS team might win a game!

the rascals trapped me by scoring points
less than 2 minutes to go, they show the offensive cord. in the both calling plays-an interesting wrinkle, is that new?

Another new wrinkle, Dallas won...XFl stands not ready for prime time
(sorry SNL)

K:
Got a shot of the stadium after the game, it looks like a double AA baseball
park, they normally hold 20K plus.
There was an upper deck (empty) and limited seats on what would be
the outfield in a baseball park.
Didn't show other side of stadium, you would think there would be seats
there too.
Stadiums are a secret, I would guess they do not want you to see how
few people attend.

I noted the QB in one of the various red uniforms :rolleyes:

his name: P.J. Walker.... wore #11 .....maybe plays for Houston?
Seems quite skilled, both weeks I saw him.

Also another QB looked to have some potential...QB Cordale Jones?
I don't remember which team. o_O

I do wonder if any of the XFL players will get a chance in the NFL, based on what they do, in this league, or if none of them will. Just curious about it.
What do any of you think? :unsure:

I do wonder if any of the XFL players will get a chance in the NFL, based on what they do, in this league, or if none of them will. Just curious about it.
What do any of you think? :unsure:
[/QUOTE]
you can bet the nfl has people looking, but they have all the states on the players from college...At times they look good, but you have to measure
the level of the competition, we don't know that!

did like the events going on in booth, knew it went on, but had never viewed it. Wonder how they censor the cussing when the players screw up the designed play.

Last edited:
It's another Saturday...in late February.
I am just now, watching little parts of the first half of the first XFL game of this weekend.

It's on ABC, 2pm to 5 pm, EST ...and features my "favorite" XFL QB, P.J. Walker, for Houston.

He made a few great plays in the first quarter already today...when i was switching my focus on and off the game.

I will likely need a nap, during the 2nd half of this game.
I dont know if I will watch the next one, later today. I will probably take a glance at part of it, later on....

It is at 5pm-8pm....on Fox.

Thanks to @Bonnie
I look at the schedule she put on this thread, to find out, each week. This is the 3rd week of this league's season....

Tomorow, Sunday, there are 2 games, one at 3-pm and one at 6pm. On ESPN, i think, and the 2nd one maybe on FS1.

Jerry Clanville is coaching, is that the same guy that coached in Atlanta?
I thought that was jerry Glanville?

Google: no there different guys, jerry clanville is defensive cord for TB, not
the Jerry Glanville that coached Atlanta Falcons.

Last edited:

Back