You oughta be in pictures (share pictures of yourself if you wish)

Me (with glasses) and my best friend, Mary in 1968. We were both 20 yrs. old and worked at the main Parliament building .. Queen's Park. She was a sweet and generous friend with a family who treated me like one of their own daughters. Her little brother had a crush on me, which was very cute. We eventually lost touch when we changed careers.

View attachment 172067
I remember seeing this picture before pinks.. didn't you have that one as your avatar a few years ago ?:D

My daughter & me on my 55th Birthday , 10 years ago... she was in her early 30's at the time

me-Don-HD.jpg
You look like sisters @hollydolly

I knew it!

You were in The Wiz

View attachment 172090
Gary it's so amazing that you "said" this! I had a cousin who used to do hair and make up for some famous women. When I was in my 20's he used to tell me I looked like Diana Ross! I never could see it though. It's also interesting that The Wiz is referenced. I saw The Wiz on Broadway. I thought the woman who played Auntie Em (Queen Esther Marrow) was so pretty...beautiful big dimples (my thing) and all. Years later, I met Esther and got to hang out with her over in The City (New York). She and my best friend (who's a musician) are very good friends and have worked on music projects together. We went to a club then walked around a bit. Esther also did a European tour with Bob Dylan and is always busy working on her own projects. She has performed for 3 presidents, the British Royal family and for Pope John Paul II.

Last edited:
There are not many pictures of me but I did find this one from my teenage years - a skinny young kid with the smirk of someone who just finished his solo cross country without denting the airplane.

jmflying60a.jpg

At that time, I was so broke that I once landed in a cornfield near my parents home, hitchhiked into town to borrow gas money to get the plane back to the FBO.

There are not many pictures of me but I did find this one from my teenage years - a skinny young kid with the smirk of someone who just finished his solo cross country without denting the airplane.

jmflying60a.jpg

At that time, I was so broke that I once landed in a cornfield near my parents home, hitchhiked into town to borrow gas money to get the plane back to the FBO.
a kid with a plane, that's not so broke is it ? :LOL:..however you do look very much like a young prince William in this photo...

a kid with a plane, that's not so broke is it ? :LOL:..however you do look very much like a young prince William in this photo...
Oh, I was quite broke. Living on my own, working nights, paying flophouse rent, owning a car and missing meals so I could save up $10 to go fly a plane for an hour. A Cessna 150 back in the day was $12 wet (i.e., with gas) per hour, but I got a special deal.

Back