Your opinion on the gay lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there's been an update I didn't hear about, it was long ago found the majority of pedophiles are not gay.
I regret for both of us that you brought this up, but since you did I feel compelled to respond. Since gay males appear to make up less than 4% of the population, and straights the other 96%, I would expect that the majority of US victims of pedophilia are likely girls and not the work of gay males, however gay males have seen to establish a North American Man Boy Love Association. Curious?
"A 2017 Gallup poll concluded that 4.5% of adult Americans identified as LGBT with 5.1% of women identifying as LGBT, compared with 3.9% of men." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#United_States
"The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophilia and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

I will skip the bad publicity and turmoil the Boy Scouts and Catholic Church have experienced over the past few years.

I regret for both of us that you brought this up, but since you did I feel compelled to respond. Since gay males appear to make up less than 4% of the population, and straights the other 96%, I would expect that the majority of US victims of pedophilia are likely girls and not the work of gay males, however gay males have seen to establish a North American Man Boy Love Association. Curious?
"A 2017 Gallup poll concluded that 4.5% of adult Americans identified as LGBT with 5.1% of women identifying as LGBT, compared with 3.9% of men." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation#United_States
"The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophilia and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

I will skip the bad publicity and turmoil the Boy Scouts and Catholic Church have experienced over the past few years.
First, I didn't bring it up, you did. (edited to add: that's what I was replying to.)

Second, while I certainly believe pedophiles- including but not limited to that disgusting group NAMBLA- should be knocked off the earth, I've never seen/read anything that said they were gay.

Last edited:
First, I didn't bring it up, you did.

Second, while I certainly believe pedophiles- including but not limited to that disgusting group NAMBLA- should be knocked off the earth, I've never seen/read anything that said they were gay.
Yeah, NAMBLA is run by only very few gay males. Howard Stern used to have some discussions with them.

I don’t have a problem with the gay lifestyle. Does this make me a lesser Christian? I’ve struggled with this question. However, I feel I’m not supposed to judge other people, but to love them. I have gays in my family.

I just read every post on this thread and spent 44 minutes doing it. Some I had to read twice because I couldn’t understand them the first time. I am being honest. Too many of you said the same thing.

I have gay friends.
I have gay relatives.
I work with gay people.
I don’t care what gays do.
As long as they love each other.
As long as they leave me alone.
Of all the posts, I liked the post by Been There. He seemed the most honest. Probably too honest. He seemed to offend some people.
feywon’s posts are very deep, but make sense.
One Eyed Diva asked some good questions and made some very good points.
Many of the posts were the same, just stated differently.
I thought I would have seen more religious postings.
JMO
I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been stated. Good topic, good debate. This is what makes SF a good forum.
BTW, I came on the topic “Underground’ by accident. I never knew it existed.

I'm sure it isn't easy for you @mike4lorie. Both my parents (and myself) were raised in the Southern Baptist church. My parents had a tough time initially as well, but ultimately they just wanted me to make the decisions that would make me happy. My father lived long enough to see me be successful in my career and to get to know my partner of 30 years. When he passed, we took care of my mother for 22 years until she also passed. I swear she loved my partner more than me.

You never know how things will turn out. Just give your son love and support if you can. Most of the positive responses I've seen in this thread have been from those who have gay friends, relatives or children because in time you just see the person, not the preference.
Thank you for your words @dseag2 , Yes every day I give my son the love and support he needs, and yeah his partner is a great guy. And I can see how happy they make each other. I just hope, and I am not being rude when I say this, but I can get past the gay part... I treat them both with nothing but respect and love, but I just have a very hard time getting past the gay part. They came to see us last winter, and we ended up in a huge snow storm, and we invited them to stay the night, but I just couldn't get past letting them sleep in the same bed. But, before everyone gets annoyed with what I just said, when my daughter and her then boyfriend, now married, but then I would not let them share the bed in my house... But @dseag2 , I am working at it...

Thank you for your words @dseag2 , Yes every day I give my son the love and support he needs, and yeah his partner is a great guy. And I can see how happy they make each other. I just hope, and I am not being rude when I say this, but I can get past the gay part... I treat them both with nothing but respect and love, but I just have a very hard time getting past the gay part. They came to see us last winter, and we ended up in a huge snow storm, and we invited them to stay the night, but I just couldn't get past letting them sleep in the same bed. But, before everyone gets annoyed with what I just said, when my daughter and her then boyfriend, now married, but then I would not let them share the bed in my house... But @dseag2 , I am working at it...
You are more than welcome. My partner is Filipino, and Filipino fathers tend to be very chauvinistic and religious. His father never acknowledged the fact that we were "together", but we were always with him at family events and holidays. He came to our house in South Florida for Christmas right before we moved. I knew he was glad that his son was happy. He actually gave us a cake plate one Christmas, which we both found endearing because neither of us cook, but it was his way of acknowledging that we were in a "domestic relationship".

I don't take offense at all for your choice not to have your son and his partner sleep in the same bed, since as you said you had the same standards for your daughter and her boyfriend. It is admirable that you are working on accepting his life. Be glad that he actually has a partner. That will hopefully make his life so much easier. So many young gay men these days are lonely and can't find anyone. I'm always happy to share my perspective if it helps to understand it all.

After literally thousands of years, gay people can, since Stonewall 1969, proclaim proudly who they are with the law FINALLY on their side. Thousands of years. Time to CELEBRATE gay freedom; it's about time. Enjoy the party, we're all one.

No one stole words (gay, pride, rainbow). They are words. Use the words any way you want.
I beg to differ, those words now have Homosexuality association, when before they NEVER did!

The temptation is too great and I have to say something! Homosexuality is not some new phenomenon, it has been around since the beginning of mankind. Much of it hidden I grant you. Why is it made a big deal of?
I am straight, you are gay, so what?? I am not special and you are not special, so I ask simply this - why do you have to make a song and dance about it. I have met many gay men and I don't think I have heard one of them "confess"and make a big deal of being gay. I am puzzled as to why you think it is so important to do so deseag?

I do not have a problem with gay lifestyles. I just simply do not understand why they have to make such a fuss about it. Why can't they be gay like we are straight without needing parades and special anagrams and all the fan fare? I don't get it. Just be yourself. No one really cares whether you are gay or not. It's more of a big deal to them than it is to me.
I think gay people have protested in the streets for years for the same reason as African Americans... to gain equality and have our voices heard. With that said, I saw more gay people interviewed about being gay on TV during Donahue in the 90's than I do today. And I watch lots of TV!

Here is an article on how the Gay Rights movement changed the public's opinion so quickly. An excerpt.

"But while it’s clear that the gay rights movement managed to change people’s minds faster than any other civil rights movement in memory, it’s less clear why. How, in 15 years, did Americans’ views flip on such a charged social issue? And why haven’t other groups that have also publicly fought discrimination managed to change public opinion as quickly? The answer lies in human behavior and demographic realities, as well as a winning strategy by gay rights activists that capitalized on both."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...256016-8720-11e9-98c1-e945ae5db8fb_story.html

I don't think gay people are knocking on anyone's door or acting out in public places to draw attention to themselves. And my question to anyone who thinks gay people are too visible, is why did you choose to come to this thread? I appreciate that you did, but I have to wonder.

Last edited:
The temptation is too great and I have to say something! Homosexuality is not some new phenomenon, it has been around since the beginning of mankind. Much of it hidden I grant you. Why is it made a big deal of?
I am straight, you are gay, so what?? I am not special and you are not special, so I ask simply this - why do you have to make a song and dance about it. I have met many gay men and I don't think I have heard one of them "confess"and make a big deal of being gay. I am puzzled as to why you think it is so important to do so deseag?
Please read my last post. And the thread is up to 115 responses, so apparently some people are interested. And there are many members in this forum who have "confessed" about topics like domestic abuse, kidnapping, weight issues, etc. Why does that make my confessions any different? Oh yes, just because you don't want to hear them. So don't read them.

Last edited:
Please read my last post. And the thread is up to 115 responses, so apparently some people are interested. And there are many members in this forum who have "confessed" about topics like domestic abuse, kidnapping, weight issues, etc. Why does that make my confessions any different? Oh yes, just because you don't want to hear them. So don't read them.
My question has not been really answered. I also have to wonder why you think people replying to the thread denotes its importance. You asked the forum a question and people answered, that is all there is to it.

The important thing is why is it of such paramont importance to you? The battle is almost won where gay rights are concerned that should make you happy. However, what I see in you (and you requested people to be honest) is a need for acceptance by 100% of the population, that will not happen. Any less and you feel insecure and I have no idea why. I have always been told ( by my psychiatrist wife) that to be happy, you have to feel it within. I am not getting that vibe from you and I find it baffling.

My question has not been really answered. I also have to wonder why you think people replying to the thread denotes its importance. You asked the forum a question and people answered, that is all there is to it.
The important thing is why is it of such paramont importance to you? The battle is almost won where gay rights are concerned that should make you happy. However, what I see in you (and you requested people to be honest) is a need for acceptance by 100% of the population, that will not happen. Any less and you feel insecure and I have no idea why. I have always been told ( by my psychiatrist wife) that to be happy, you have to feel it within. I am not getting that vibe from you and I find it baffling.
Please do not try to psychoanalyze me in a forum, for god's sake. I do not need acceptance from 100% of the population. I have acceptance within myself. I am here as one of the few members who represents the gay community, so I will say what I want to say.

And as for holding your wife up as the reason you are entitled to know exactly who I am and what my needs are, here you go...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/199707/why-shrinks-have-problems

This will be my last response to you. I will see you in another thread.

I would expect that the majority of US victims of pedophilia are likely girls and not the work of gay males
That is an interesting question. Did Google research and found some conflicting information. It seems you are correct, the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual. However the question of the % of heterosexuals who are pedophiles compared to the % of homosexuals is less clear. One good study I found said that homosexuals were more likely to have podophilic feelings, not a lot more though. And nothing as to how likely they were to act on it...

This is a good article that says there is no difference: DO GAY MEN HAVE MORE SEXUAL INTEREST IN CHILDREN THAN STRAIGHT MEN DO?

Anyway if there is a difference its not great. It seems some small percentage of adults, no matter the sexual orientation, are pedophiles, or have the feelings anyway.
I also have to wonder why you think people replying to the thread denotes its importance.
Don't know how truly important it is, but I have found the thread interesting. Your posts included!

I think gay people have protested in the streets for years for the same reason as African Americans... to gain equality and have our voices heard. With that said, I saw more gay people interviewed about being gay on TV during Donahue in the 90's than I do today. And I watch lots of TV!

Here is an article on how the Gay Rights movement changed the public's opinion so quickly. An excerpt.

"But while it’s clear that the gay rights movement managed to change people’s minds faster than any other civil rights movement in memory, it’s less clear why. How, in 15 years, did Americans’ views flip on such a charged social issue? And why haven’t other groups that have also publicly fought discrimination managed to change public opinion as quickly? The answer lies in human behavior and demographic realities, as well as a winning strategy by gay rights activists that capitalized on both."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...256016-8720-11e9-98c1-e945ae5db8fb_story.html

I don't think gay people are knocking on anyone's door or acting out in public places to draw attention to themselves. And my question to anyone who thinks gay people are too visible, is why did you choose to come to this thread? I appreciate that you did, but I have to wonder.
Am I not allowed to respond just because I don't agree? You asked our opinion if I'm not mistaken. Then when it is given you want to know why we come to the thread? I'm sorry but I'm confused by your response to my response.

Am I not allowed to respond just because I don't agree? You asked our opinion if I'm not mistaken. Then when it is given you want to know why we come to the thread? I'm sorry but I'm confused by your response to my response.

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's on this board. He was only responding to your post. He is not being mean, he just gave answers regarding the reason the gay community has worked so hard for acceptance, equality, the legal rights that others have had that this community had to fight for.

The same things the women, African Americans, Asian Americans and many other oppressed peoples have done. We are equal in the eyes of God and the American constitution.

It would not surprise me if the older generation steps up, bans together to fight for better and more affordable healthcare, better Social Security dollars, better and more affordable housing. Yes, I will be in the parade!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back