2024 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

That's 50° Fahrenheit. There's nothing wrong with that!
We now live in a zone 6 which is a zone and a half higher than we were in before. It IS nice. We lived in a snow zone before. The weather here is much nicer. We were in a 4/5 zone.

One thing we noticed here are heat pumps. They heat up the house in winter and cool the house in summer. We wondered why they don’t have them in Ontario. The reason is that Ontario gets too cold. They don’t work in really cold weather. Where we lived it’s dropped past ~40 at times. Heat pumps shut off when it’s too cold. Luckily we have baseboard heaters as back ups if needed and a nice big Woodstove with plenty of free wood. I love our Woodstove.

25 degrees here, with snow still on the ground, but they expect a nice warm up today and rest of the week. Southern Tier NYS.

In spite of the weather we still had a community Easter Egg hunt, then a beautiful funeral at my church, and a large gathering yesterday for Palm Sunday. It sure was cold but the roads are clear of snow.

Pleasantly warm in the sun and next to no wind. High this afternoon of 14c if the weather man is to be believed. Supposedly the best day of the week weather wise in my part of the U.K.

Easter not looking too clever which is a shame as the last two Easter's we have had a mini heatwave. Around this time two years ago i was sat on a beach in Cornwall enjoying the sun.

I mentioned Fake Spring a few weeks ago? Yes indeed, it was fake! We got over 12" of heavy wet snow in the last 3 days and it continues to snow lightly on day 4! Fortunately, the town has plowed us out quite quickly as I suppose they are wanting to use up some of the budgeted money and fees we paid in this otherwise snow-less winter.

Back