There was a heartwarming story on the news last year about a homeless man helping a woman. She evidently made a Go Fund Me page for him as a thank you, her goal was $10,000. Well, it seems that her 'goal' kept increasing with the donations up to over $400,000.
She bought a camper for the homeless man and put it on her property, and gave him small amounts of money which he seemed to have spent on drugs. Meanwhile, she is said to have spent most of the money to improve her own lifestyle and spending. So now he's suing her, more here.
She bought a camper for the homeless man and put it on her property, and gave him small amounts of money which he seemed to have spent on drugs. Meanwhile, she is said to have spent most of the money to improve her own lifestyle and spending. So now he's suing her, more here.

Update, 8/30/18, 6:33 p.m. ET: A judge ordered the couple Thursday to turn over the remaining money to their defense lawyer, who was directed to place it in a trust fund, the Cherry Hill Courier-Post reports.
Original story: Last Thanksgiving's viral, heartwarming story of a homeless man's good deed, and the $400,000 of GoFundMe money raised in his honor, has taken an ugly turn that will be displayed for all to see in a Burlington County courtroom on Thursday.
The story gained attention across the globe when Johnny Bobbitt, a homeless veteran, helped Burlington County resident Kate McClure after her car ran out of gas leaving her stranded on I-95 in Philadelphia. Spending his last $20 to buy gas for McClure, she and her boyfriend, Mark D'Amico, set up a GoFundMe to thank Bobbitt and help get him off the streets.
The goal to raise $10,000 was vastly surpassed, with 14,000 donors raising $400,000 in just a few weeks. Nine months later, however, Bobbitt is now at odds with the couple as a legal battle awaits over the dispersal of the funds.
NJ.com reported Bobbitt will face McClure and D'Amico in court Thursday. The couple has been accused of pocketing thousands of dollars from the funds raised, leading to death threats and attacks on the couple. During an appearance on NBC News' Megyn Kelly TODAY earlier this week, the couple denied these allegations and said that Bobbitt had returned to the drug habit that first led to his homelessness. They told Kelly the couple had been shielding the funds in his best interest until he could recover.