12 new members in the last 24-48 hours

On the subject of age .....I just cannot understand how one can be called a senior at age 50.
When I was 50 I never thought of myself as a senior and didn't til I was in my 60's.
For me a senior is at earliest, age 60, and my daughter who is now 62 will kill me if she ever were to read this !😱
Well I joined senior forums when I was 50.. but not because I thought I was old far from it.. . Having no older members of my family.. my mother having died when I was just 18.. I thought I needed to learn what was ahead of me.. and that's what made me join a seniors over 50 forum...

I think there's old 50 years olds tho'.. and young 80 year olds..so I suppose whoever thinks that this forum fills a need for them.. then so be it..

Last edited:
The first time I came on the forum, I didn't do an introduction. I just started posting.
Same here; I don't remember seeing anything telling me that I should do an introduction; just starting noticing a few months back that new members were being told they should do, or should have done, one. But I figure it's too late now to do one; can't imagine anyone being that interested since I'm boring.

How do people create different accounts? Unless they use a different browser for each one?
very easy to use a different IP address... google it.. :) it's a simple matter to change and post as several different people... people who get banned from forums often use a different IP address and come back with a different persona.... but often people will simply sign up using a different email address , and think they won't be found out, but their IP address will show who they really are to Admin.

if they're not causing trouble with the new name Admin on many forums will ignore it, but many others will immediately ban the IP address ..

I am a past member from a while ago and could not even remember my Profile name to be honest.
So, when I decided to rejoin, I needed to start over and fresh which is fine with me.
That's another way people return.. it's very common if you haven't posted in a while to forget a user name or password and re-register.. it's only when admin starts seeing a problem coming from the same IP address that action is taken..

that's usually how they're found out because they always seem to forget what was said at some point by the Alias .. I remember on one forum one person was caught actually answering themselves.. in that they posted as '' for example'' Alex,, when they were really Emma.. and instead of answering alex as Emma.. they answered Alex as Alex.. :ROFLMAO:
And most of the time, they make the same spelling mistakes, use the same grammar, and type of sentence structure. It's easy to pick them out.

I'm always suspicious when a new poster immediately starts posting about products or services and posts links to websites in every post.

Companies pay people to join forums and post about their products. For example: "Hi, I'm Suzi! I'm so glad to meet you all and join the forum! (Insert some yada-yada here). Has anybody here ever used (product or service)? I'm thinking about getting some and wondered what you think." The website is then listed. After that, the person never posts again.

So long as you have different email accounts, that may be all it takes.
nope Marie.. because that's the same IP address.. and some forums won't even allow you to sign up if you have the same IP address as a current member, so the way to get around that is to change IP addresses, so it looks like it;s coming from a different computer..

nope Marie.. because that's the same IP address.. and some forums won't even allow you to sign up if you have the same IP address as a current member, so the way to get around that is to change IP addresses, so it looks like it;s coming from a different computer..
I cannot even imagine being bothered to go through all that, just so you can at times of total boredom, want to talk to yourself. Just plain nuts.

I'm always suspicious when a new poster immediately starts posting about products or services and posts links to websites in every post.

Companies pay people to join forums and post about their products. For example: "Hi, I'm Suzi! I'm so glad to meet you all and join the forum! (Insert some yada-yada here). Has anybody here ever used (product or service)? I'm thinking about getting some and wondered what you think." The website is then listed. After that, the person never posts again.
That's because Matrix nips that crap in the bud and bans them. In the last couple of months, I've seen several of these folks disappear along with their posts.

I have a question about the IP address stuff. So, what if 10 family members lived in the same house and used the same computer for the same forum and had 10 different accounts. Would that throw a monkey wrench in the pot? You know I wonder what if all 10 family members used the same account on the same computer on the same forum. Man, that would be quite something. Ha-ha-ha

I have a question about the IP address stuff. So, what if 10 family members lived in the same house and used the same computer for the same forum and had 10 different accounts. Would that throw a monkey wrench in the pot? You know I wonder what if all 10 family members used the same account on the same computer on the same forum. Man, that would be quite something. Ha-ha-ha
You would want to use Tor Browser which anonymizes your IP.

Some forum managers don't care about sock puppets. They just want their "count" up.

Others, like Matrix, run a tidy ship.

Back