2019 How is The Weather Where You Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,Joy,we received our 1st snowfall a bit early,.I live right in the city we got about 6 inches. It certainly was a challenge taking my early walk around 6:30,driveways were plowed but not sidewalks.I had to walk in the street near the curb,temp was 23 but no wind,refreshing
The Bflo airport located in Cheektowaga{burb of Buffalo}, where the snow totals are recorded,they received 10 inches which is a new record
One of the weird things about living in WNY,not all areas will receive the same amount of snow

That WNY snow is headed our way but by the time it reaches the coast it's supposed to be a rain/snow mix with little, if any accumulation. Overcast now a little after 8 AM. Time will tell !

21 brrrrrrrrrrrrr down here!!!!
75316041_2480974435353718_8559182063519924224_n.jpg

Raining, windy, cold. It was 47 when I got up at 6. It's 34 now. We're told today's high temp will be 56. Um. Probably not. I think we reached today's high of 56 around midnight. Tonight's low temp is supposed to be 20.

41 degrees right now. It was 48 when I got up this morning and it's been dropping ever since. Tonight's low is expected to be 27.

We've got from setting records for heat to setting records for cold all within one month's time.

Oh,Joy,we received our 1st snowfall a bit early,.I live right in the city we got about 6 inches. It certainly was a challenge taking my early walk around 6:30,driveways were plowed but not sidewalks.I had to walk in the street near the curb,temp was 23 but no wind,refreshing
The Bflo airport located in Cheektowaga{burb of Buffalo}, where the snow totals are recorded,they received 10 inches which is a new record
One of the weird things about living in WNY,not all areas will receive the same amount of snow
You are tough. I suspect that I would have skipped that early morning walk and had another cup of coffee.

Too much rain in the Uk ...floods up north, its terrible and cold 7 degrees...
I had a mini lake , outside my back door the other day ....

Attachments

• 365C5C2D-ED8D-4B53-B5BC-163D82B02E38.jpeg
    365C5C2D-ED8D-4B53-B5BC-163D82B02E38.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 6FACC663-32BC-4690-979D-EDA82461B62D.jpeg
    6FACC663-32BC-4690-979D-EDA82461B62D.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2
You are tough. I suspect that I would have skipped that early morning walk and had another cup of coffee.
Hi Pecos,I always take an early morning walk to start my day,the only time I don't go,if its bad outside e.g. high winds,a blizzard then I get stir crazy.I don't drink coffee,I prefer tea

Oh wow, was it ever cold in here last night! In the 20s F. Snow on the ground- a few inches from what I can see from inside. Expecting more snow tonight. I still haven't put the plastic on the window but have the blinds shut tight. Now it's around 30.

Oh wow, was it ever cold in here last night! In the 20s F. Snow on the ground- a few inches from what I can see from inside. Expecting more snow tonight. I still haven't put the plastic on the window but have the blinds shut tight. Now it's around 30.
I have used the shrink wrap before...it was easy to put on....now we only have 3 windows since we downsized...and our little dogs have beds in the window seats for watching outside..
COLD here too!

I have used the shrink wrap before...it was easy to put on....now we only have 3 windows since we downsized...and our little dogs have beds in the window seats for watching outside..
COLD here too!
I can't put the shrink wrap up until it gets a bit warmer. My birds will surely catch a draft if I open the blinds all the way to put it on. I should had done it weeks ago but haven't felt well. I have the space heater going below them to keep them warm and the heat turned up.

27 this morning. That breaks the record for this date of 31 that was set over 100 years ago in 1911.

When I went on my early walk at 6:30,wearing long underwear,all bundled up because it was 16.
It really didn't feel that cold,was refreshing because there was no wind.
Today,it will be partly sunny,temps in the 20's where it was yesterday
BTW:I've been taking early morning walks for yrs.When I worked at local hosptial{27 yrs},the days I had to be there,I would walk 7 blocks in all sorts of weather.It continues to be a part of daily routine.Its one habit I don't plan on breaking anytime soon

It's gloriously sunny... and 50 degrees..f ☀

Got all the windows thrown wide open... but I can't go out anywhere, because I've got a surveyor in the house at the moment, so he'll be here for a couple of hours,...or maybe more if he doesn't stop chewing the fat with the O/H..

WOW! That’s surprisingly cold for that far south and this time of year.
Stay warm.
The cold doesn’t bother me much.
I just dress for it.

Mt. Washington is a unique place. From the Wiki page:

"On January 16, 2004, the summit weather observation registered a temperature of −43.6 °F (−42.0 °C) and sustained winds of 87.5 mph (140.8 km/h), resulting in a wind chill value of −102.59 °F (−74.77 °C) at the mountain."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm grumpy this morning cuz I'm trying to replace a 20 year-old winter jacket that was perfect: Crazy warm, storm collar, insulated hood that fit the way a hood should fit. Was great for cold blustery weather.

So I bought a new one at Wally's yesterday, had fur on the hood. I put it on in the parking lot and went to Lowe's next door to buy something, then went back to Wally's to return it. Although it was warm, the fur hung down right in front of my eyes. I made a comment to the several people who were at the Wally's return counter: "I should have known better -- it's made in China."

So then I went to TJ Max and ended up buying a coat with an insulated hood, NO FUR. Seemed kinda ok but the hood didn't fit like my old coat. I wore it home and just put it on now to go outdoors -- the drawstring to the hood broke. And sure enough, it also was made in China. So back it goes.

I've been shopping online for the past several days but that's not much help. For one thing, I ain't buying a coat that I can't try on first. There is a ski shop close by here, but they'll want 2-3 times what a Chinese jacket will really be worth. Well, actually, as it stands now, any Chinese jacket to me is worth ZERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back