2021 - How's the Weather Where You Are

This picture, which could apply to almost any/every day this month, tells the story today.

jan27_2021_snowblower1.jpg

Today will be a bright day, however, regardless of the snowfall (3 - 6 in. predicted). That empty space in the motorcycle bay will be filled when my redhead returns this morning with fresh fluids, a valve adjustment and new shoes.

Here in middle of Texas panhandle, this morning started out at 10 degrees and has gone up to now 17 degrees. About 4:00 it will get up to 39 or 41 degrees. WOW! I am ready for 5 inches of snow to go away and get the thermastat where I want it. We have running water and heat. I used the fireplace when it first started. But, I feed birds outside and they were sitting on a chair close to the door! I kept feeding them.

My little chihuahua stopped right at the chair by the front door and peed! No pooping! Picked it up inside. Our other dog, medium sized jack russel romped in the snow and then did the business.
Pam ...question for you -- could you get your dog to do his business out in the snow?

Since mine has never seen snow, he wanted to walk forever until he could find a patch of GREEN... luckily we did find a spot ..:ROFLMAO:
And he was mad at me for the conditions he had to walk in! Fun times
ght

It is -1C today and snowing, just like yesterday. Saturday is to be partly sunny, so daughter is coming over to cook dinner for us :)
It is 10:30 AM and it has risen to -11C with sun...I was out at 7:00 AM and it felt great...no wind! I related our weather to my daughter in Toronto about 10 minutes ago and she wasn't impressed! To each their own...I am heading out again to walk horses with my other daughter.

Well, there are very few things that will keep me in and snow and low temps is not one of them. I got out and fed the birds just like I do every morning, and I take the dogs out. My little chihuahua didn't like the snow, and I don't need to walk on ice. But, I like watching the gentle snow fall. The grackle birds gather in one tree just before the sun sets and sit and squawk to get all the final warm sun they can get for the last hour.
It is 10:30 AM and it has risen to -11C with sun...I was out at 7:00 AM and it felt great...no wind! I related our weather to my daughter in Toronto about 10 minutes ago and she wasn't impressed! To each their own...I am heading out again to walk horses with my other daughter.
e

A warm one today.

This morning 15°C
Today 27°C
Now 14.1°C

Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers in the E in the afternoon and early evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the NE in the afternoon and early evening. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 14 with daytime temperatures reaching around 30.

Our temperature is above freezing, for the first time in almost 2 weeks. We may even hit the upper 50's by midweek, and melt most of this recent snow. February has been a miserable month, and hopefully this brutal winter weather is about to end.

The infamous crazy weather of the state of Texas is at it again; this time it went from a low of 22F to a beautiful and sunny 65F. I feel alive ~ again! 😅 :ROFLMAO::D:giggle: So thankful that everything is up and running for most Texans. Grateful that our electrical power was out for only FOUR hours during which time we were sleeping. We've had water all along too. One grateful Texan here. But then, what do you expect from living in the Rio Grande Valley (the tropics)... where we almost never get snow or blizzards. No wonder hubby refuses to move further north.
27d8ab2892d20df827667a2b110d0d02[1].jpg

Last edited:
Another warm one.

This morning 15°C
Today 29°C
Now 16.5°C

Mostly sunny morning. Slight chance of a shower during this afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 27 to 32.

Mild spell is over as it's returned to more traditional temps. for now.

Detailed ForecastForecast issued: 4:00 PM EST Saturday 20 February 2021​

Detailed Forecast
TonightClear. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low minus 33. Wind chill near minus 44. Frostbite in minutes.
Sun, 21 FebA mix of sun and cloud. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 26. Wind chill minus 40 in the morning and minus 34 in the afternoon. Frostbite in minutes. UV index 1 or low.

Back