2021 - How's the Weather Where You Are

We have a winter advisory in WNY today,south of Buffalo will get ice/freezing rain change to snow
In the city where I live, supposedly getting 1-3 inches of snow.,temps will be in the 30's
I think the local 'weather experts' are trying to make this forecast into something its not.I say this because so far we've haven't had any major snow storms/blizzards.We've had above normal temps,below normal snow totals knock wood!

It's a winter wonderland here... we have heavy snow... the children are out with mums and dads, having a wonderful time with sleds and building snowmen......🌨️☃️❄️

snow-jan24th-2021-garden.jpg
What a beautiful tableau!
We have a winter advisory in WNY today,south of Buffalo will get ice/freezing rain change to snow
In the city where I live, supposedly getting 1-3 inches of snow.,temps will be in the 30's
I think the local 'weather experts' are trying to make this forecast into something its not.I say this because so far we've haven't had any major snow storms/blizzards.We've had above normal temps,below normal snow totals knock wood!
It is too darn cold here to snow...this AM registered at -34C PLUS wind which is probably close to -44C. I am going wait a couple of hours before stepping out this morning. All the horses have their warm multi-coloured blankies on which were put on last night. They sure don't mind wearing them.

Started snowing here last night about 6 pm
Snowed all night.
Will snow all day and into the night tonight.
Snowed about an inch just in the past hour.
Waiting for my snow plow guy.
He may have to come here two times today.

What a beautiful tableau!

It is too darn cold here to snow...this AM registered at -34C PLUS wind which is probably close to -44C. I am going wait a couple of hours before stepping out this morning. All the horses have their warm multi-coloured blankies on which were put on last night. They sure don't mind wearing them.
:oops:😧🥶🥶🥶

Here, its been cloudy, cold, light rain and No sun for the past 3 or 4 days.....really gloomy. We might get a light dusting of snow tonight and tomorrow. About the Only positive for January is that we haven't had a major snowfall. About this time of year, I really start looking forward to Spring.

I HATE cold. It got down to 38 last night. It was cold during my 45 minute walk - I couldn't even sweat, even though it was mostly uphill. My hands were really hurting; I should have worn gloves.
In fact, the news reported that drivers were being treated for severe frostbite - of the middle finger.

Here, its been cloudy, cold, light rain and No sun for the past 3 or 4 days.....really gloomy. We might get a light dusting of snow tonight and tomorrow. About the Only positive for January is that we haven't had a major snowfall. About this time of year, I really start looking forward to Spring.
I must be looking forward to Spring as well...as I have started making lists of things to do in Spring!

An update from my morning post
It snowed here in the city,I'd say we got 3 inches,When I took my early walk this morning around 7 it wasn't snowing.I went on a brief walk around 10:30,the sidewalks had snow/rain mix.My afternoon walk it wasn't bad ,temps in the 30's,snow was beginning to melt

Had to run run the a/c for a few ours today. Still in tee shirt and shorts right now. Been in the seventies a few times this week. Time to turn a/c off, turn on ceiling fan and go to bed. Nite y'all!

Back