2023 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

Here in Western Wisconsin we are in winter number 3! Twice our snow has melted down to bare ground and we thought Spring was here. Not so! 7 inches of wet sloppy snow fell Sat and Sun. Enough already!
Similar here too, in the Northeast USA.
Repeatedly seemed like Spring was arriving early, with bare ground, and the sap running through the Maple trees;
then, oh gosh, another wintery storm bringing several inches of snow cover back, on top of the bulbs and perennials already well up out of the ground!😳

And yes, we are expecting it yet again, for tonight (Monday) through Wednesday, this week.:rolleyes:
And with strong winds creating possible blizzard conditions, and threats of power outages, again. That's the part that I myself, mind the most.😟

Here in Western Wisconsin we are in winter number 3! Twice our snow has melted down to bare ground and we thought Spring was here. Not so! 7 inches of wet sloppy snow fell Sat and Sun. Enough already!
I used to live in in Wisconsin a hour from Chicago. The long winters get old. Where I live now we have a real winter once every 5 years.

It's still winter, with snow flurries and strong winds for the past three days and nights. I've been ready for Spring since January, but, winter clings. Daytime temps in the 20sFahrenheit.

Looks about 6 inches so far. I went out and shoveled the driveway at 6:30am trying to keep ahead if it and it was snowing a pretty good clip then. I had to put my jeans, coat and gloves in the dryer - I was soaked. With about a foot predicted, I don't want to try to shovel that heavy wet snow all at once. Still snowing now (9:15 am), but it starts and stops - sometimes big fluffy flakes and then smaller ones.

Last edited:
Thinking of you all that are snowed in and all the flooding in California....the sun is out here today but it is nippy, had to wear my overcoat to take the trash out for pickup.

We are a little chilly but it is going to be colder later in the week. Mind you, I am not fussing. I love the cold weather, summer in Texas is not for everyone. You may say you love summer but the heat here can make you pass out quickly from heat stroke.

We are caught up in the outer bands of a nor'easter. First we had tons of rain, and now it's been snowing for several hours, but nothing is sticking to our very wet ground. Winds are picking up and gusts up to about 60mph are expected later on, to continue into late tomorrow.

Almost 2:30pm here and it's still spitting snow. However, where I shoveled the driveway, it's melting as soon as it hits. The town plow keeps it piled up on the road end of the driveway, though. The last time I went out to clear snow, it was melting so fast the street had a small river running in it.

Back