A Change of Tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect a feminist to say such a thing.
Not whimpering at all. Just a few simple statements of fact.

Pray tell me, what do you have to offer that is so fantastic that I I should pay a HEAVY price for ? HMM ?
First of all, as usual, you are waaay off base and completely wrong. I've never been a 'feminist'. You're whimpering, admit it, those are not facts, except in your own head. šŸ¤” I don't need to "offer" anything. Once you get that through your head, you might be able to improve yourself and your 'life'.

I've been with my husband for around fifty years, he is a man of integrity who is not intimidated or jealous of women. He appreciates them for who they are and treats them as equals.

I think you're just venting here about some personal frustrations that may involve an inferiority complex with women in general, and an extra sensitivity to those women who see you for who you really are...or aren't. Time for some self-evaluation, if you're even capable of that at this point.
Inferiority complex with women ? Just venting about how women take advantage of men.
I haven't the slightest interest in becoming , once again, the scapegoat for some woman's feminist hatred of men.

An anomaly indeed.
I give anything the actually view any such alleged interactions. people talk about male/female interactions.Women talk to women.Men talk to men. In my entire life I have very rarely ever heard a man say he was "hit on" by a woman.
Would you like me to introduce you to a halfdozen or so that I hit on? :) You live in a VERY narrow world, I think.

I find this interesting. Talking about what may be initiating intimate occurrences, who asks for it. Men or women.
But I have not seen anything about valuing the person before to create an atmosphere of wanting to ask for intimacy. I think both have to be looking out for the other for either to want to get close. But I have heard and seen in the past that intimacy seems to drive most males more than most females. Just how people are built.
In my post, I indicated that my fiancƩ and I had been friends for a long time before I sought to take our relationship to a new level. Our feelings were no longer platonic. We were falling in love.

I was the initial instigator re my fiancĆ©. He was delighted. We had been friends for a long time. Something fabulous grew out of that. I have never been shy in asking for what I want. The other individual can always decline.šŸ˜Š
You claim that you were the Initial instigator with your fiance. I wonder if you did more than merely show up at the same time as him ? OR, as more likely, you used extremely subtle body language ? Did you come right out and ask him to dinner ? Did you approach him and ask if you could buy him a drink ? Did you come out and say, "I think you are very handsome "? I serious doubt it because women hate giving up their power over men.

It's not a bit surprising that feminists think of men who have given up on women as chauvinist and misogynistic. After all, women are used being THE SOLE AUTHORITY ON RELATIONSHIPS.

Men are becoming aware of other possibilities.
I am far from the only one who thinks men are better off single. Youtube is full of videos and articles about men who are forgoing marriage.
There are approximately 3,904,727,342 females in the world. Do you mean all of them? By the way, are you really a chef?

I find this interesting. Talking about what may be initiating intimate occurrences, who asks for it. Men or women.
But I have not seen anything about valuing the person before to create an atmosphere of wanting to ask for intimacy. I think both have to be looking out for the other for either to want to get close. But I have heard and seen in the past that intimacy seems to drive most males more than most females. Just how people are built.
In my post, I indicated that my fiancƩ and I had been friends for a long time before I sought to take our relationship to a new level. Our feelings were no longer platonic. We were falling in love.
You claim that you were the Initial instigator with your fiance. I wonder if you did more than merely show up at the same time as him ? OR, as more likely, you used extremely subtle body language ? Did you come right out and ask him to dinner ? Did you approach him and ask if you could buy him a drink ? Did you come out and say, "I think you are very handsome "? I serious doubt it because women hate giving up their power over men.
I invited him to my home for an intimate dinner for two. It was very romantic. There were flowers everywhere, I wore blue silk. We ate in the dining room, set with the family China, crystal, and silver. My great grandmotherā€™s linen tablecloth. Candles. I served him lamb tagine with olives and

apricots. Peach pie for dessert. He brought wine. After dinner, I played the piano for him, romantic love songs. Then, we played music from my collection of Latin dance music and danced. He does a fine rhumba. The champagne flowed, I told him he had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever

seen. I told him he took my breath away, and that he had seduced me with his incredible mind. I spoke of my growing feelings, and the passion I felt. I asked him to be with me that night. He agreed, and a year later, here we are. Engaged, and very happy.

Lolol, you're like a cartoon version of a primeval male chauvinist pig! šŸ· Bet you're hot to trot for Wilma and Betty!

I invited him to my home for an intimate dinner for two. It was very romantic. There were flowers everywhere, I wore blue silk. We ate in the dining room, set with the family China, crystal, and silver. My great grandmotherā€™s linen tablecloth. Candles. I served him lamb tagine with olives and

apricots. Peach pie for dessert. He brought wine. After dinner, I played the piano for him, romantic love songs. Then, we played music from my collection of Latin dance music and danced. He does a fine rhumba. The champagne flowed, I told him he had the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever

seen. I told him he took my breath away, and that he had seduced me with his incredible mind. I spoke of my growing feelings, and the passion I felt. I asked him to be with me that night. He agreed, and a year later, here we are. Engaged, and very happy.
Ah, ha. Friends for a long time. By then you had evaluated him and already knew he was ready for you. That is not what i call assertive. My idea of being assertive is approaching a man, whom you know absolutely nothing and asking him if you can buy him a drink.

Did it never occur to you that women might have as much difficultity shedding old habits as men. We are in the midst of a period of major changes in male/female relationships. Some people are more resistant to change than others. Most women are not so much looking for "power" per se; they are looking for power over themselves and their lives. If you feel you can not deal with that, then you are right to avoid interacting with women. Your method of addressing the situation will not endear you to most women. They will sense the anger and the negativity and avoid you.

Did it never occur to you that women might have as much difficultity shedding old habits as men. We are in the midst of a period of major changes in male/female relationships. Some people are more resistant to change than others. Most women are not so much looking for "power" per se; they are looking for power overyes themselves and their lives. If you feel you can not deal with that, then you are right to avoid interacting with women. Your method of addressing the situation will not endear you to most women. They will sense the anger and the negativity and avoid you.
yes, there is anger within me. no doubt about it. It began slowly over a period of many years. One of the first run-ins with a feminist was in a book store. I had spotted a section labeled "Books for women". I was looking for books on male psychology and i asked a female clerk where I might find "books for men'? Her reply was nasty. She said, "We don't sell those kinds of magazines ".
Once I even got yelled at for holding a door open for a woman.

On and on it went. Nasty uncalled for remarks by feminists. Year after year.

I certainly didn't start the war between feminists and men. BUT, if any group wants war with me, then that group can expect anger from me.
Oh, yes.The final straw came when I read a quote by Sharon Stone. "The more famous I become, the more power I have to hurt men".

This is somewhat similar to how i feel about Muslims. I had no problem with Muslims until 9/11. After that, i avoid them like the plague.

Last edited:
Ah, ha. Friends for a long time. By then you had evaluated him and already knew he was ready for you. That is not what i call assertive. My idea of being assertive is approaching a man, whom you know absolutely nothing and asking him if you can buy him a drink.
Is that all that is required? I did that as soon as I was old enough to drink. Some agreed, some declined. Not a big deal. I wish you well, but your bitterness seems impenetrable, and I find your rage uncomfortable. I prefer to concentrate my energy on happier things.

He can barely bus a table, let alone make a decent mince on bap, right @hollydolly? šŸ¤£
Your language indicates you are a Brit. Mince on a bap ? Ground beef on flat bread ? Why on Earth would I ever want to cook such a thing , let alone eat it ? If I'm going to create something I much prefer beef stroganoff or maybe boeuf bourguignon.

NO one can take advantage of ANYONE unless they allow it.
Women OWN the sexual playing field. Nearly every man, at one point in his life, must pay for female companionship. No, I'm NOT referring to hookers. I refer to the endless ways we spend money on women. That, is being taken advantage of. No money ? No Honey !

Is that all that is required? I did that as soon as I was old enough to drink. Some agreed, some declined. Not a big deal. I wish you well, but your bitterness seems impenetrable, and I find your rage uncomfortable. I prefer to concentrate my energy on happier things.
Then you must truly be one in a thousand. I don't recall ever hearing a friend tell me that a woman approached him in a bar/club and offered to buy him a drink. NOT ONE !

Women OWN the ****** playing field. Nearly every man, at one point in his life, must pay for female companionship. No, I'm NOT referring to hookers. I refer to the endless ways we spend money on women. That, is being taken advantage of. No money ? No Honey !
Since it seems you are quite determined to poison your own playing field, I doubt there is much hope for you, since women these days refuse to be bed and kitchen slaves. Carry on!

Since it seems you are quite determined to poison your own playing field, I doubt there is much hope for you, since women these days refuse to be bed and kitchen slaves. Carry on!
That is PRECISELY the kind of feminist attitude I have been referring to. Bedroom slaves ? Kitchen slaves ? What man would want a lump just lying there like a corpse ?
In any event, I always have done ALL of the cooking. I earned the money. i shopped for the groceries AND I cooked for her like a queen.
But, I'll bet that you have no problem getting a man to work himself into an early grave.

Last edited:
Quite obviously, feminism is all about power. Power to achieve so-called "equality".
For those who are aware of such things, you will notice that women demand equal rights.
Why is equality in quotes? That would seem to denote some condescension on your part.

I know there are some areas in which women still should have more opportunities (like equal pay), but they are outpacing men these days in college degrees. Women are already equal to men in my book and, are in many cases, superior. For one, they tend to have more empathy.

The Number One quality of a good leader is showing a true interest in those who are part of their team. To that end, we need more women leaders in every industry and in government.

Why is equality in quotes? That would seem to denote some condescension on your part.

I know there are some areas in which women still should have more opportunities (like equal pay), but they are outpacing men these days in college degrees. Women are already equal to men in my book and, are in many cases, superior. For one, they tend to have more empathy.

The Number One quality of a good leader is showing a true interest in those who are part of their team. To that end, we need more women leaders in every industry and in government.
Equality is in quotes because women not only demand equal pay, BUT ALSO keep all of the sexual power. In other words women now want it all. Every bit of power. Financial power AND all of the sexual power.
If the day ever comes when women shoulder at least 50% of the initial dating experience , then I'll retract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back