A current high theft item is boxer shorts??? Female shoplifters take thousands of dollars worth

WhatInThe

A female gang of shoplifters has been stealing Nike boxer shorts, thousands of dollars worth. It's used to be when someone was talking about NIke/Nikes it was sneakers but boxer shorts?

https://news.yahoo.com/gang-female-shoplifters-stole-thousands-102334984.html

Apparently the shorts run upto $40 a pack. Khols stores in that area have experienced $6,000 in mens underwear theft alone.

Last edited:
After looking at them I don't see what's so special about them. Maybe they're super comfy.

Correction they run upto 40 dollars a pack which is still $13 a pair. I'm literally not buying it. It must be the Nike name. More traditional underwear around 10-15 dollars for a 6 pack.

Last edited:
The local Walmart has started keeping most of the men’s underwear in locked cases.

It seems like it would be cheaper to stop selling it than to have an employee lock and unlock the cabinets while customers make a selection.

Especially when the customer can simply fail to scan it at the checkout and slip it into a bag without paying.

I don’t get it!

Is there a black market in men's underwear? Who needs $6,000 in underwear? If you're going to swipe something from a store, you want something of value to trade. What's the going price for hot Nike underwear-$2 ??????????
We gotta get smarter criminals. It's a national disgrace.
I'm thinkin' discount resale on Ebay or at flea markets. Even at a few dollars a pack, they're still making a profit.

The most stolen item in supermarkets the UK are Cheese... and butter seriously.. it's so expensive now that stores have to put security tags on it

resize

The top need for the homeless are socks & underwear. Those are the most requested items in shelters.
Unless unused, most people don’t donate these. Our shelter will make a special request during severe cold conditions.

Men’s name brand underwear here is $45+ for a 3 pack. They’d be easy to sell.

With all this hot weather, I've been sitting/walking around the garden in just boxer shorts, but reading this thread had filled me with fear. Could there be hoardes of determined women lurking behind the shed ready to throw me to the ground and rob me of my shorts. Then, there are all the nosey ladies that peek at me from behind curtains, could they also get similar ideas.
I tell you, it's not safe for us chaps anymore. 😊

Back