A daily exercise anyone can do.....

I could do a lot of that stuff and enjoyed it, but alas no can do today. I loved the fluid motion of rising up to my full height unassisted from sitting on the floor cross legged.

I've learned to be very disciplined about how much I eat of everything bolded above. I make pizza and keep my pizza stocked with it, but only eat it once a week at most. I have two cookies per day these days. Period. No bread.

Most days I eat a lot of veggies, some fruit, some beans and legumes, maybe some PB or hummus on rice cakes, perhaps a little brown rice, the aforementioned two cookies, and that's about it. My weight stays where I want it and my body feels good.

Before you get too impressed with my saint-like discipline, three days ago I hit Costco Business Center and increased my all purpose and bread flour stashes to 50 lbs each, sugar to 40 lbs, butter to 18 lbs, eggs to 48, at least 10 lbs of nuts, 15 lbs of mozzarella, 5 lbs of provolone, 2 lbs of aged Parmesan reggiano, not to mention all the other ingredients necessary to get me started on Pizza/cookie season.

Most of what I make gets given away, but more than a little manages to find its way into my stomach. :sneaky:

🎄🍕🍪
Wow! I went off all those goodies, and lost 25 pounds! But, you can't beat biscuits, pretzels, cookies, cakes, etc. I went off that diet, and eat sensibly and have gained some back.

Wow! I went off all those goodies, and lost 25 pounds! But, you can't beat biscuits, pretzels, cookies, cakes, etc. I went off that diet, and eat sensibly and have gained some back.
No bread, hey! I was on weight watchers and I miss having dessert, so I found a way to make the mug cake for only one point and the icing is sugar free whipped topping with one ounce sugar free pudding mix in it. Love it and it is allowed.

Wow! Instantly feels good! Love this!
I also sit on the floor and get up without using my hands.
Thanks for posting this! I'm going to do this everyday!
What a show off!!!!! 😂. You can get up...off the floor....without using-your-hands. Seriously!

IF, for some unknown reason I am on the floor in the first place, (what? Did I faint? What am I doing down here????) I would require a foot stool, then a very sturdy chair, and possibly a very sturdy human or two to get me back up.
I shall, however, attempt the W 😂😂😂

What a show off!!!!! 😂. You can get up...off the floor....without using-your-hands. Seriously!

IF, for some unknown reason I am on the floor in the first place, (what? Did I faint? What am I doing down here????) I would require a foot stool, then a very sturdy chair, and possibly a very sturdy human or two to get me back up.
I shall, however, attempt the W 😂😂😂
YOU NUT!!! hahahaha!

Last edited:
No bread, hey! I was on weight watchers and I miss having dessert, so I found a way to make the mug cake for only one point and the icing is sugar free whipped topping with one ounce sugar free pudding mix in it. Love it and it is allowed.
I now resort to eating fruits, vegies, and nuts and seeds, meat, tuna, little bread: all less than 1200 calories a day. Back to losing weight! Eat right, exercise and manage your health! Love it. I love being inventive with recipes using allowable foods. Watching those cooking shows helps!

If I tried this don't think I would ever get up again!
Another thing you can try to do is put on leggings (or whatever) in the morning without leaning on anything or hanging on to anything.
Use your own balance. I don't know, of course, but I think it would be good for us as we age.

Okay folks...I had to try it. These results just in...tada...

I couldn't stand up with the three step rule...so I cheated and aced it by standing up with two and a half steps.

I say that's close-e-nuf ! 😁

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received my BS from Wikipedia U and my MS from Youtube U and my PHD from Youtube comments, lol.

The men take longer steps so their centre of gravity alters
So when men bend over with their head on the wall and try to
pick up the chair and stand up they can't
because they are leaning too far forward

Ummm okay peramangkelder but I tried it again using smaller steps and nada. Of course the Stinker did it then looked at me and said see grandpa it's easy. And here you womenfolk have us menfolk believing you are the weaker sex.

While a lot of this is funny spare a thought for those of us like me who through no fault of their own cannot
and dare not even attempt the 'W' exercise due to spinal spondylitis or any spinal disability
Spondylitis causes the vertebrae to fuse and in my case my ribs are involved so I find breathing increasingly difficult
Me too w/the spinal thing.
But, I'm pretty mobile.

Altho, it takes a lot of thought trying to get up off the floor.

Ummm okay peramangkelder but I tried it again using smaller steps and nada. Of course the Stinker did it then looked at me and said see grandpa it's easy. And here you womenfolk have us menfolk believing you are the weaker sex.
@FastTrax I just watched the video and the 2 guys were leaning too far forward
I don't think my back would allow me to get into or out of that position anyway :confused:

@FastTrax I just watched the video and the 2 guys were leaning too far forward
I don't think my back would allow me to get into or out of that position anyway :confused:

Lolol. My broke back won't allow me to do anything that requires anything more then to lay around the house and have my loving and loyal grandchild do anything and everything for grandpa while I sleep my life away. The only thing she said she won't do is push the buttons on my TV remote while I lay around on the sofa but I'm working out an angle for that singular act of disloyalty.

Lolol. My broke back won't allow me to do anything that requires anything more then to lay around the house and have my loving and loyal grandchild do anything and everything for grandpa while I sleep my life away. The only thing she said she won't do is push the buttons on my TV remote while I lay around on the sofa but I'm working out an angle for that singular act of disloyalty.
Sounds like a smart girl to me @FastTrax

Back