A daily exercise anyone can do.....

While a lot of this is funny spare a thought for those of us like me who through no fault of their own cannot
and dare not even attempt the 'W' exercise due to spinal spondylitis or any spinal disability
Spondylitis causes the vertebrae to fuse and in my case my ribs are involved so I find breathing increasingly difficult
Well, I don't get down on the floor anymore, so I just walk and try to get in a few "laps". But, I would suggest just do the exercises you can do and are comfortable doing. I was getting in 10,000 steps a day and eating right, but not losing any weight. So, now I am just eating right and not getting in 10,000 steps a day. Just living right, eating right. Guess what, I lost 11 lbs. !

Well, I don't get down on the floor anymore, so I just walk and try to get in a few "laps". But, I would suggest just do the exercises you can do and are comfortable doing. I was getting in 10,000 steps a day and eating right, but not losing any weight. So, now I am just eating right and not getting in 10,000 steps a day. Just living right, eating right. Guess what, I lost 11 lbs. !
FC, I agree. We all need to do what we can to stay in shape. Exercise NEVER helped me lose weight. Sure it's improved my health, stamina and strength, but budge the needle on the scale? Nope.

I'd been a healthy weight nearly all my life, but taking anti-depressants to control severe panic attacks during menopause caused me to gain nearly 20 lbs. :eek::eek::eek: The weight stuck even after I weaned myself from the meds (which took two years, but that's another story).

Seven years ago, after watching a few health and animal cruelty movies, DH & I chose to give up meat and dairy. To my astonishment those 20 lbs. fell off in less than a year. Haven't put any back on. If I gain two pounds I adjust my food intake so I can drop them immediately.

FC, I agree. We all need to do what we can to stay in shape. Exercise NEVER helped me lose weight. Sure it's improved my health, stamina and strength, but budge the needle on the scale? Nope.

I'd been a healthy weight nearly all my life, but taking anti-depressants to control severe panic attacks during menopause caused me to gain nearly 20 lbs. :eek::eek::eek: The weight stuck even after I weaned myself from the meds (which took two years, but that's another story).

Seven years ago, after watching a few health and animal cruelty movies, DH & I chose to give up meat and dairy. To my astonishment those 20 lbs. fell off in less than a year. Haven't put any back on. If I gain two pounds I adjust my food intake so I can drop them immediately.
I do love my mug cake every night, made with SF any kind of cake mixed with white cake mix. It is a 3-2-1 mug cake and I mix a SF pudding and put it on top of my cake. I still enjoy some SF Candy, and carb free stuff. I do go off this once in awhile. Got to live!

Back