A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching criminal minds.

Thanks for the explanation. I’d been meaning to ask you every time I saw them eating. Plastic for Covid makes sense.

On the Big Bang Theory they always used plastic too. Drives me crazy. If I were going to be eating in a cafeteria on a regular basis, I’d at least pack my Spork.

Thanks for the explanation. I’d been meaning to ask you every time I saw them eating. Plastic for Covid makes sense.

On the Big Bang Theory they always used plastic too. Drives me crazy. If I were going to be eating in a cafeteria on a regular basis, I’d at least pack my Spork.
There may be hospitals that use only paper but I doubt many would because it's more expensive to go through all that plastic. At the height of COVID for us we were going through disposable service for 30-35 a day. I personally prefer the paper service in case the dishes are dirty. *Gags & laughs*

Still no word from the Nintendo people. I don't want to have to call them but I may end up having to. I can already imagine what that will be like. *RME*

I deleted all but one of the games off the broken Switch and got my Switch Lite out and redownloaded some of the games from the Cloud to it. Plus I put my physical copy of Animal Crossing into my Lite. So my original island is gone. :(

Well I gotta run. Have a good one.

Last edited:
Probably the weather. It's changing big time!!

Went from freezing my buns off to Bug Season in 2 days :oops:Not to mention the flooding water that's all over the place as the snow melts 🌊

TonightA mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming east 20 km/h this evening. Low plus 5.
Wed, 9 JunMainly cloudy. Wind southeast 20 km/h. High 18. UV index 4 or moderate.
NightA mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 6.

I want to open the door but I don't dare do it for fear of being eaten alive 🪰🐝🪲🦟

Probably the weather. It's changing big time!!

Went from freezing my buns off to Bug Season in 2 days :oops:Not to mention the flooding water that's all over the place as the snow melts 🌊

TonightA mix of sun and cloud. Wind becoming east 20 km/h this evening. Low plus 5.
Wed, 9 JunMainly cloudy. Wind southeast 20 km/h. High 18. UV index 4 or moderate.
NightA mix of sun and cloud. 30 percent chance of showers in the evening. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 6.

I want to open the door but I don't dare do it for fear of being eaten alive 🪰🐝🪲🦟
Is that celsius or are you being sarcastic? how could you have bugs in +5F?

Arrogant - having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

synonyms:
haughty · conceited · hubristic · self-important · opinionated · egotistic · full of oneself · superior · overbearing · pompous · high-handed · swaggering · boastful · bumptious · blustering · patronizing · condescending · disdainful · contemptuous · imperious·
~*~*~
I have noticed more and more there seems to be an awful lot of people with this problem in today's world. I usually don't bother to associate with these types for the simple reason that I don't like being treated like I'm stupid and don't matter. I don't understand why people have to be so hateful to others. It must be horribly difficult to be nice to people. I think being nice is becoming a thing of the past. :cry:

Is that celsius or are you being sarcastic? how could you have bugs in +5F?
It's all in C; which is the official measure of temp. in Canada (and most of the rest of the world, for that matter). There are only 3 countries in the world that still use the antiquated Imperial measure system: Liberia, Myanmar & USA.

It's all in C; which is the official measure of temp. in Canada (and most of the rest of the world, for that matter). There are only 3 countries in the world that still use the antiquated Imperial measure system: Liberia, Myanmar & USA.
I'm ok with my fahrenheit. LOL! It was 30° C here today.

For the comfort level you need to consider the humidex as well. There is virtually no humidity here so the temp. is the temp. On the other hand, Fla. for example is a local where in the summer humidity would have a HUGE impact on 'comfort level'. You temp was 30C but what was your humidex? (don't know what part of the country you live in).

For the comfort level you need to consider the humidex as well. There is virtually no humidity here so the temp. is the temp. On the other hand, Fla. for example is a local where in the summer humidity would have a HUGE impact on 'comfort level'. You temp was 30C but what was your humidex? (don't know what part of the country you live in).
the humidity was 67%

Well I hope all the anti-maskers are happy now. I sure hope they don't all get COVID and start the spread again. In the past 15 months I've gotten to see first hand just how hateful people can be when forced to do something they don't want to. A year and a half is nothing compared to the big picture. If they can't handle that then if something worse happens they're gonna freak out. I'm sick to death of listening to people whine about the masks.

Sick of seeing people argue about COVID. Sick of people being ridiculous and panic shopping cuz they're not smart enough to think sensibly. Sick of being called names and mocked for simply trying to protect myself and take care of myself. And I'm the stupid one?

I love how so many people suddenly became experts where all this was concerned and felt they could dictate how people were or weren't supposed to behave for whatever reason. I came here looking to make friends and then COVID hit and I watched people I liked on here leave. I watched people get nastier and more hateful with every day. It's been pretty unpleasant. But it was allowed to continue so I suppose as long as that happens that's what we have to put up with if we wanna be here.

I have a huge list of folks on ignore because I couldn't stand it anymore. Some of them people I liked. I haven't been spending as much time on here because of it either. I'm trying to adapt to just poppin in now and then. There's not much going on that doesn't involve COVID so...*Shrugs*

We are still masked at work. We are 18 people short because people are quitting right and left. I'm having a time trying to find something I can do from home. I'm trying to look at other jobs I can work outside the home that are more sedentary. I would prefer something that didn't require customer interaction but not sure that's doable. It's either that or stay in a job I hate.

Most of the jobs I'm capable of doing don't pay the bills. Trying to figure out what I want to do is a mess. I just hope I can find something that's a little easier on me. We'll see I guess.
I feel the same way! Felt this place was a nice, comfortable, supportive place initially after I joined. That's changed considerably since then. Political discussions are not allowed here - Good! Why not take that up a notch and include 'any controversial topics'? One member who joined around the same time I did has turned into a real pot stirrer over any & all Covid topics. Covid topics are as political as politics are. There's two groups - for or against whether it be Vaccines, Covid origins, mask wearing etc., etc.. Posting articles from 'questionable' sources is simply pot stirring. Have no idea why the moderators of this place haven't brought out the ban-hammer and whacked some of these negative influences. They add nothing of good value to this place. That's my rant. Doesn't matter to me much anyway as my life will be changing in a major was come Oct. 2021 and I'll likely not be posting after that no matter the state of affairs is here at that time.

I feel the same way! Felt this place was a nice, comfortable, supportive place initially after I joined. That's changed considerably since then. Political discussions are not allowed here - Good! Why not take that up a notch and include 'any controversial topics'? One member who joined around the same time I did has turned into a real pot stirrer over any & all Covid topics. Covid topics are as political as politics are. There's two groups - for or against whether it be Vaccines, Covid origins, mask wearing etc., etc.. Posting articles from 'questionable' sources is simply pot stirring. Have no idea why the moderators of this place haven't brought out the ban-hammer and whacked some of these negative influences. They add nothing of good value to this place. That's my rant. Doesn't matter to me much anyway as my life will be changing in a major was come Oct. 2021 and I'll likely not be posting after that no matter the state of affairs is here at that time.
well that's a shame. but i don't blame you. there are some nice folks here. but as time goes on i have been going back and forth between staying and leaving. i will have to find a new pair of britches to pick on. LOL

I'm sitting here tonight listening to music I listened to in high school. Back when I had youth on my side and life was sexy and exciting. I look at images of the singers I thought were hot and how they look now. It's just kinda sad that we have to lose our looks as we age. Oh well. I can at least reminisce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back