All Goats, All The Time

iu

Very Cute! and Goats are, in my opinion, the smartest livestock I ever raised.

My Nubian Nanny goat provided us with milk for many years and when the sheep ewes with winter babies ,went into the pasture in the early days of spring, my Nubian Goat would watch their lambs for them and keep them all in the barnyard until the sheep came back down from the pasture.

It seemed to be a silent agreement between Amanda, the Nubian and all of the sheep.

Twice small goats alerted me to a problem, by making a strange sound and pushing me toward where the problems were.

An older goat had gotten caught in a fence, and they made sure they moved me to where I could see this ,obscured by the main barn, and followed me as I got the goat untangled from the fence.

As I got done milking Amanda one day, I put the heavy top back on the corn mash container, as I left the goat barn, and again two goats pushed me go back into the goat barn, with an odd type of barking noise.

Sure enough ,a lamb had hopped into the mash container, while it was open, and could have died in there, if they had not alerted me.

Very Cute! and Goats are, in my opinion, the smartest livestock I ever raised.

My Nubian Nanny goat provided us with milk for many years and when the sheep ewes with winter babies ,went into the pasture in the early days of spring, my Nubian Goat would watch their lambs for them and keep them all in the barnyard until the sheep came back down from the pasture.

It seemed to be a silent agreement between Amanda, the Nubian and all of the sheep.

Twice small goats alerted me to a problem, by making a strange sound and pushing me toward where the problems were.

An older goat had gotten caught in a fence, and they made sure they moved me to where I could see this ,obscured by the main barn, and followed me as I got the goat untangled from the fence.

As I got done milking Amanda one day, I put the heavy top back on the corn mash container, as I left the goat barn, and again two goats pushed me go back into the goat barn, with an odd type of barking noise.

Sure enough ,a lamb had hopped into the mash container, while it was open, and could have died in there, if they had not alerted me.
That's so interesting! We also raised goats for about 7 years, but ours were Kinder goats. We started with just a few, but eventually grew our herd to about18 goats at its peak. We were even members of the Kinder Goat Association and traded goats with other members to keep our herd healthy and diverse.

Raising goats is a lot of work, but there's something really special about those little creatures. Their personalities are so distinct, and watching them interact with each other is a real treat. We were milking 3 goats twice a day! Did you like the milk? 🐐🥛♥️

So Cute- I raised Nubians.
This is not Amanda, my milking goat , I couldn't find her photos on my PC.
I was taking her to be inseminated by a ram goat a friend of ours owned and I stopped at a gas station and started to talk to a nice woman standing near my car. Amanda was sleeping on my back seat and suddenly popped her head up and the woman was startled and said what is that?

1707929150611.jpegI found goats to be the smartest livestock I ever raised.

Back