All The Live long Day...."Now departing on Track Two"!

What could be more enjoyable to a railfan than being tableside to a minty-fresh, old GP?

[IMG]

I was driving in western Pennsylvania a few weeks ago and got hung up at a railroad crossing. I was by myself, so just for the fun of it, I thought that I would count the cars. Counting only the cars and not the 3 engines, (no caboose), I counted 79 cars. I estimated their speed at about 20-25 mph. It took awhile, but I finally was able to cross those tracks.

I was driving in western Pennsylvania a few weeks ago and got hung up at a railroad crossing. I was by myself, so just for the fun of it, I thought that I would count the cars. Counting only the cars and not the 3 engines, (no caboose), I counted 79 cars. I estimated their speed at about 20-25 mph. It took awhile, but I finally was able to cross those tracks.

Hey 911, you wanna see fast stack trains? check out the BNSF North and South Transcon Routes

OOPS: Not one BNSF Stack. Back to the drawing board or the extra board?

Not a BNSF Transcon but a fast UP triple DPU "Distributed Power Unit" intermodal.

Bring lunch.

Last edited:
The long, disheartening decline of passenger rail in the U.S. may be turning around, thanks in part to the ambitious efforts of a new high-speed train service in Florida called Brightline (soon to renamed Virgin Trains, connecting Miami to Orlando on fast, luxurious new trains. But can this service survive long enough to convince Americans to take trains more often?

Passenger rail service in Florida is well on it's way to becoming a viable part of Southeast America's rail transportation system since Brightline a/k/a All Aboard Florida a/k/a Virgin Express and Sunrail are expected to be fully built out by 2025. Now if AMTRAK would work out it's Tampa Station reverse move to the S Line dilemma and completely abandon the Lakeland to West Palm Beach service and reach an agreement with FEC to obtain trackage rights from Jacksonville to Miami then reinstitute it's Jacksonville to Los Angeles Route after the Big Bayou Canot tragedy all would be right with the world.

Brightline has trackage rights and is controlled by FEC dispatch and movement bureau utilizing it's existing legacy cab control signal system and Wabtec PTC but has temporarily curtailed it's MIA to WPB service due to COVID-19 but still building out the Cocoa to OIA Branch. The Brightline trainset is the diesel equivalent to the almost retired AMTRAK Acela trainset. If you desire to be treated like a pampered poodle then Brightline is the way to go.

Disney-World-2021.jpg

brightline-route_custom-121a690414d5d64af94cb5d8290417c07af2ba95-s800-c85.jpg

brightline_trains_at_workshop_b.jpg

siemens_aaf_miami_-_televic_75.jpg

6f37e712d733dd571caa5ef195d38bf2.jpg

www.gobrightline.com/people-culture

www.fecrwy.com

www.fecrs.com/information.html

www.wdwnt.com/2020/05/brightline-high-speed-railway-lays-track-to-orlando-international-airport/

www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2021/05/19/brightlines-orlando-south-florida-rail-expansion-now-more-than-50-complete/5096576001/

www.local10.com/news/local/2021/05/20/the-brightline-train-from-miami-to-orlando-is-almost-here/

www.progressiverailroading.com/high_speed_rail/news/Brightline-completes-first-half-of-orlando-high-speed-rail-construction--63536

www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/florida-east-coast-railway-opens-new-train-dispatch-center-300113656.html

www.railroad-frequencies.com/state/florida/florida-east-coast-railway/

www.insidethemagic.net/2021/04/brightline-station-disney-ad1/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brightline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_East_Coast_Railway

Brightline Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach Station security, operating and administration frequencies are:

WQZC703
160.425 MHz (NXDN) Miami
160.245 MHz (NXDN) Fort Lauderdale
160.485 MHz (NXDN) West Palm Beach

FEC frequencies for Brightline Train control

160.53 MHz Road
160.77 MHz Dispatch
160.65 MHz MOW
161.01 MHz Bowden Yard-FEC Only North of Cocoa Interchange
161.01 MHz Hialeah Yard-FEC/Brightline Cocoa Interchange South to MIA and East to OIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS97kwoDSHg

Last edited:

Brightline Name Meaning: What Makes It Special

The name Brightline attracts liveliness, gentleness and tenacity.

Letter Analysis​

BB's are naturally adaptable, easy-going and cheerful, always paying attention to small details.
RThe karma of the letter R is all the rare journeys one is blessed to experience in life.
IAn inward perspective into the 'I' unveils a bossy and dutiful outlook, as this is someone who is more drawn to rational than emotional aspects.
GWith 'G' resonating with the energy of the number 7, these people being prone to an interest in spirituality, as well as develop a heightened sense of intuition.
HThe source of the 'H' revolves around life principles such as the importance of respecting others before demanding respect.
TIn an unbalanced state, the 'T' is quickly influenced by others and tends to underestimate their own powers.
LThe vibration of 'L's answers well to people who have enthralling personalities, when it comes to social circumstances.
IThe I's upright position is an allegory of resistance and strive for new horizons through self-reliance and sufficiency.
NThe N's romantic expression is beyond demanding and so it is complicated to find the right partner.
EThis letter projects family ideals like devotion and honesty, as these are viewed as stepping stones for family peace.
Life Lesson & Challenge: In the case of the name Brightline, since the first vowel is 'I', the life lesson deals with this person understanding how honest thinking paves the way to success, whilst the life challenge relates to accepting that they need to make sacrifices for their health.
Spirituality Charge: Impressive

Sorry 911. Let's try this again.

Enjoy.

bnsf-in-the-desert-peter-crook.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Picture_002_2_.JPG

7c54459f12447c3ecbf0af79d27cb378.jpg

Pacific-Northwest-Service-Map.jpg

www.bnsf.com

Massive Fast BNSF Transcon Stack Trains

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNSF_Railway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Transcon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Transcon

www.railroad-frequencies.com/train/bnsf-railway/

80 years later: a high-speed train passing under one of the venerable interlocking towers of Milano Centrale, Italy — See the first comment for some history and more images of its seven signal boxes
ggActqBkiXQ_0BkETScBypJII1kKb81x7QVsugwSijQ.jpg

"From its opening in 1931 up until 1984 the approximately 600 switch points, hundreds of signals among home, departure, shunting, etc. and countless track circuits of the Milano Centrale station were watched and worked by an army of more than 130 people in 7 different signal towers, 2 of which were of the bridge type across tracks. The most complex routes took up to 3 minutes to be set up and locked, for a maximum total of about 500 trains per day".

"The seven interlocking towers were "numbered" from A to H (G never existed), interlocking tower A (Cabina A) being the closest to the famous cast iron vaults of the station (see also this one). The other bridge-type tower was letter C, which also was the main one from which every routing order was sent, and it was almost exactly in the middle of the whole complex. Signal boxes D and E are quite symmetrical small towers protruding from two single storey buildings positioned mid-way at the two sides of the track yard. Finally signal boxes B, F, and H are or were smaller standalone boxes: only signal box F survives today, whereas B has disappeared since decades and was more or less located were now stands the current modern interlocking tower, and H was demolished just some years ago during upgrade works for high-speed services". (Read More)

The OLD PATAGONIAN EXPRESS: Epic STEAM TRAIN Ride in Patagonia, Argentina 🚂

"All aboard the OLD PATAGONIAN EXPRESS! Today we take you one of the most epic train journeys in the world, made even more famous by Paul Theroux's 1979 account "The Old Patagonian Express", where he sought to ride trains all the way from his hometown in Massachusetts all the way down to Argentina".

Back