Another house that looks promising

We have a well/septic system and have had for 36 years. The water is delicious. If you are serious about the house just have the septic system and well checked.
Hmm, mentioning that you have a well/septic system implies 🤮🤣. Perhaps “we have sweet water well and a septic system” . It’s all in how you word it. 😍

So far this is the best house you’ve shown us. It’s in much better condition than the others. There’ve been many valid questions about location, size of property, size of house (more space means higher utility bills), septic.

Aren’t there any brand new houses in the area? There’ll still be some issues, theoretically a lot less.

Deb can't be a landlord. Except if living where you are is emotionally killing you, stay where you are & use the cash to fix it up. You can't be a landlord, don't even think about it. You'd be taken advantage of, I know it as sure as I'm sitting here.

You're getting old, you're alone. Take life the EASIEST way you can. Limit your stress levels in all areas over which you have control.

IMO.

Deb can't be a landlord. Except if living where you are is emotionally killing you, stay where you are & use the cash to fix it up. You can't be a landlord, don't even think about it. You'd be taken advantage of, I know it as sure as I'm sitting here.

You're getting old, you're alone. Take life the EASIEST way you can. Limit your stress levels in all areas over which you have control.

IMO.
I agree, we could not be landlords either. I don't think would like another person living in her house either. It’s a great house, but it is not for Deb. No stairs, Deb, no stairs.

Last edited:
No, your correct. I do not want to be a landlord. Nobody could conform to my house rules. Plus I don't relish the added responsibility. Would probably make my homeowner's insurance premium go up. Tenants are always griping about something - it's not warm enough, lights out at 8 pm is ridiculous, the toilet is backed up, etc.

Everyone mentioned that it is a large house. It's less than 1300 sq ft which is half of what I have now. It doesn't say that a washer and dryer are included, just that it has hookups on the first floor.

Before spending a quarter of a million dollars I would lease and furnish a comfortable one or two-bedroom apartment. That would give you a year or two to dispose of your current home and surplus possessions. It would also give you time to decide what you really need/want without making an expensive mistake.

Who knows after a year you might find that you prefer having someone else deal with the maintenance and repair issues associated with homeownership.

Good luck.

Before spending a quarter of a million dollars I would lease and furnish a comfortable one or two-bedroom apartment. That would give you a year or two to dispose of your current home and surplus possessions. It would also give you time to decide what you really need/want without making an expensive mistake.

Who knows after a year you might find that you prefer having someone else deal with the maintenance and repair issues associated with homeownership.

Good luck.
This sounds like excellent advice! Then you can spend some money on a nice vacation, Deb.

Good luck.
Notice that this post was ignored. This post of yours Aunt Bea IMO is one of the best in giving a sane option to this ongoing thread.

Excellent reasons to not bother checking it out.

Do you have faith in your realtor? He doesn’t seem to be offering you what you need.

Excellent reasons to not bother checking it out.

Do you have faith in your realtor? He doesn’t seem to be offering you what you need.
Deb seems to be a house looker and not a house buyer 😳, but if the right house ever shows up, she might be tempted to be a house buyer. In the meanwhile, none of us are holding are breath 😂.

Back