Any musicians on the forum?

I just uploaded these unreleased songs. Both were copyrighted in 2000 so they must've been done on the first Clavinova I bought, not the one pictured in this thread. Funky Spacemen was probably the 3rd or 4th song I did after I got my instrument.

This is Ritmos Karibean...one of my first forays into composing in the Latin genre, which I find to be the easiest. Latin has always been one of my favorite genres. I will probably add both of these to my next album after they are revised, properly engineered and mastered.

@Pecos

Last edited:
I just uploaded these unreleased songs. Both were copyrighted in 2000 so they must've been done on the first Clavinova I bought, not the one pictured in this thread. Funky Spacemen was probably the 3rd or 4th song I did after I got my instrument.
This is Ritmos Karibean...one of my first forays into composing in the Latin genre, which I find to be the easiest. Latin has always been one of my favorite genres. I will probably add both of these to my next album after they are revised, properly engineered and mastered.
@Pecos
Those are wonderful songs and will work nicely in your next album, especially after your talented son works his magic.
I have to admit that I have always been particularly fond of the Latin Genre and Ritmos Karibean gets me wiggling in my chair. Thanks for cutting us in on your extraordinary talented works.

Those are wonderful songs and will work nicely in your next album, especially after your talented son works his magic.
I have to admit that I have always been particularly fond of the Latin Genre and Ritmos Karibean gets me wiggling in my chair. Thanks for cutting us in on your extraordinary talented works.
You are so welcome. I'm very glad you enjoy my music❣️ Yes, my son is going to have to put these tracks into Logic which gives more flexibility with editing. He's learned how to add the tracks individually straight from the instrument. I'd love to get my sax playing friend (you know who) to play the sax tracks on these.

Last edited:
Cool recordings OneEyedDiva!
Are you going to add sax to this?
Even better. 😊
Thank you Keesha. After you replied to my quoted post, I changed it to sax for both tracks. As I explained earlier in this thread, the sounds for most instrument voices on my digital piano great but the saxophone voice is lacking. Both tracks require saxophone so yes, I'm hoping my busy friend will be able to play on these tracks. I have at least two more I'd like him to work on, which he agreed to do but he's got to finish his own recording/video project first plus he's gigging.

Thank you Keesha. After you replied to my quoted post, I changed it to sax for both tracks. As I explained earlier in this thread, the sounds for most instrument voices on my digital piano great but the saxophone voice is lacking. Both tracks require saxophone so yes, I'm hoping my busy friend will be able to play on these tracks. I have at least two more I'd like him to work on, which he agreed to do but he's got to finish his own recording/video project first plus he's gigging.
Cool. Which sax does he play?
Tenor?
I think the addition of saxophone would be very nice and make your music more multidimensional.

Note: I’d forgotten I asked. I’m terribly cheeky aren’t I? 😬Lol. Thank you for so much for considering it. It will make a great mix.

Last edited:
Double Ditto on that. You had me dancin'! Love them, and thanks for sharing!! :)

@Pecos
Yup; like em! I am leaving for New Mexico from Michigan in 2 hours to go pickup a new guitar. I was bringing my old headphones on the trip to use to practice an existing guitar in hotel rooms as I travel, but realized I can be listening to these songs when I stop on the road. Now I am taking my good 'phones instead...!
Keep em' coming, everybody!!

I’d forgotten that I’d written that Diva . When I wrote that I was more being cheeky than anything but I’m really impressed that you took my suggestion seriously. I sincerely think adding a saxophone will make a great mix and can’t wait to hear it. Totally awesome. I’m actually very impressed.

I hope I didn't scare everyone off with that last song. :)

Thought I would share a musical "project". In 2000 I found a program to input my midi guitar called "Reason". You could save the files in a way you could email someone else the file. It would open in Reason and then they could add parts to the song. I met a man named Luciano from Italy on a file sharing website. We ended up making 9 cd's. :)

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=538900&content=songs

I started this forum with the intention of people here that play, have played, want to play, or not to converse about their experience and share it IF they could. After I witnessed Sheryl Crow go from a very good singer in a rockin' roll band, "Cashmere" in 1985 (I played with them for 6 months) to a music industry millionaire maker in 1993 , I lost interest in all things "popular".
I had finally made the commitment to join a collective intentional community that lived almost off grid. I had had enough of the "American Dream" (google George Carlin on Youtube about that) :) From then until today I love and understand popular music, but I create (on purpose) protest music against the music industries products. I understand and enjoy a lot of independent music now that you can start your own show/label/Youtube music business. My goal is to get all the money out of sharing music. 90% of the time the $$$ leads to suffering unnecessarily with ego's fighting about what they are going to wear!! Or flat out being told what to wear and what to play. (Different for studio work...but still $$$)
I helped form a sort of rebellious bunch to create a group called S.R.E. Here is a song I sang, a rendition of "Eve of Destruction" live at practice. We never planned stuff except sharing the chords. The songs were improvised by all of us. Tempo and style changes were improvised.

https://audiomack.com/paco-dennis/song/eve-of-destruction

When I was listening to NPR back then there was a music industry executive talking about the future of internet music. I emailed "Ko-Jo" (the host) " What do you think of the future of music sharing websites like mp3.com where amateurs share their music and sometimes make a little money doing so?" He says that won't go anywhere, and that internet radio would be the new thing. I taped Ko-Jo reading my question on the air and then made this song.

https://audiomack.com/paco-dennis/song/kojo-speaks

I love the road less traveled, and even wander off it. :) Explore where no human has gone! Here is a "song" from last stuff I was experimenting with.

https://audiomack.com/paco-dennis/song/13402226

Just to save your time, here is a heads up. If you click on hearing one of my songs it most likely will be "either way/ some/a little" off the beaten path. :)

You are one of the most versatile musicians I’ve ever met. Your styles vary so extensively.
Your voice is almost Alice Cooperish and some of your music would be perfect for movies, in my opinion. You certainly think outside the box Paco. It’s different.

If your friend doesn’t come through, I will offer to do it. I play soprano and alto and am an experienced player.
To answer all your questions...my friend plays tenor, alto and soprano sax. He recently played all three at the same time. LOL Someone at his last show asked him to do it. He sent me the photo that was taken. Actually, I took your suggestion before you suggested it. :LOL: I had asked him about playing on my tracks a few months ago and sent him the songs. He loved them, says we can come to his studio but he's got to finish his projects first. I can understand that.

If you're serious...I think it would be great if we could work on music together! What program would you use to record the track(s) and how would you send the it (them) to me? If we decide to proceed, we'll work out the details via PMs. I know this is possible using digital programs but I checked with my son before replying to you just to make sure he can do what needs to be done with your track(s). I have a good friend who works that way all the time (she uses Cuebass) using her awesomely talented friends and her songs sound great. In fact, she's asked me to work on one of her projects in the near future. Thank you for your interest and your lovely comments about my music ❣️

@Paco Dennis ...This has turned out to be such an interesting, informative thread! There’s so much to read about and learn here and I’m just getting a chance to really take it all in. Where are you in the Pentazz videos? You guys sound great! Sea Journey...WOW!
I admire you professional musicians (@NewRetire18 , @tbeltrans , @Keesha ) who have performed. I never wanted to...only played for the church for a short time and didn’t like it, made me too nervous. I bet each of you has some great stories about being on the road. And bless you NewRetiree for “Paying it forward” to other musicians.

@SetWave How come some of your instruments are “going away”?

Last edited:
That’s really cool that you reached out to him. There’s nothing quite like musicians collaborating together and sharing different ideas and styles. That’s also cool that he plays all three saxophones. The soprano and tenor are both Bb instruments where the alto is an Eb. I’ve only just had my 1953 alto refurbished so would like to commit to something that involves others so I push myself more.

My biggest frustration will be computer related. While I can play just about anything, what I don’t know how to do is digital stuff. I have little experience but the results I got with what I did turned out nice.

I don’t have a computer. What I’ve got is an iPhone which has garage band. I used an iPad to do the recordings I did but I took it back. I need to get a computer of some kind and if it’s a simple upload from one computer to another, I can do that. What I did have when I recorded was some microphone software which worked really well. I recorded both sax and vocals. It worked well. I’d like to try it again.

It’s going to take me a while to learn enough digital stuff to be able to join you two but I’d be honoured to. I’ll pm you from here on about it.

I’ll pm you from here on

For the record, I’ve never been an ‘on the road’ musician. All our gigs were in the general Toronto area.(weddings, grand openings, dances etc)

Back