Any pot users here? yes or no

I smoke indica because sativa gives me the jitters.
I use the Indica gummies- 5mg for sleep. My beloved friend/business partner gave me a 'considerable' quantity of a potent hybrid bud, I smoked it for a short while, pretty much for "old times sake" but the sativa in it would make me anxious. After I was diagnosed with Emphysema I quit smoking it. I made a batch of cannabis-infused olive oil, I'll go ahead and use the rest of the bud for infused oil or cannabutter.

I smoked pot with friends when I was in Junior High, then I stopped until the 90's when I went to a sales awards dinner with a couple of work friends. Three of us went back to the home of one of my friends. She had joints in her kitchen drawer. Three of us smoked one and watched Saturday Night Live. I have never laughed so hard at every skit. The third friend couldn't even raise herself off the couch. It must have been good stuff!

I haven't smoked MJ since then, but I wouldn't be against it. I am all for it for people experiencing pain and for treating PTSD.

Last edited:
almost no experience with the stuff. was in college '67-'71, so should have... could have indulged... just absolutely sure i'd get caught and never hear the end of it from my dad. smoked twice many years after college... nothing to write home about. NJ is still trying to decide how to deal with it being legalized. no real interest in smoking it but if it would help me sleep... i'd be all for it. have pain (probably forever) from a badly busted humerus... would love to explore edibes.

don't laugh! though we had a tribe of skunks living somewhere on apartment complex grounds... then i find out there are some varieties that truly smell "skunky" when smoked!?

Last edited:
almost no experience with the stuff. was in college '67-'71, so should have... could have indulged... just absolutely sure i'd get caught and never hear the end of it from my dad. smoked twice many years after college... nothing to write home about. NJ is still trying to decide how to deal with it being legalized. no real interest in smoking it but if it would help me sleep... i'd be all for it. have pain (probably forever) from a badly busted humerus... would love to explore edibes.

don't laugh! though we had a tribe of skunks living somewhere on apartment complex grounds... then i find out there are some varieties that truly smell "skunky" when smoked!?

I once went to a friends house. When I walked in it smelled exactly like a skunk had sprayed. I said "WOW! what the heck!? He started laughing, and said it was a strain called "Skunk". It was only about an once and it smelled the WHOLE house up. If that strain was local here I would try it. It sounds good for relaxing and pain. Here is an example of one strain that fits this description. Blueberry Skunk

I’ve never done pot, although as a college student in the early 70’s, I certainly had opportunities to. In that time period, a marijuana conviction would have ended a career in education before it even started, so I stayed away. Now recreational marijuana legalization is a distinct possibility in my state; times sure have changed!

I once dated a girl who was quite the pothead; once when high, she was talking about the energies emanating from me, or my aura or something…unfortunately I got up to stop a record from skipping, this interrupted her concentration, and I never heard the rest of my metaphysical analysis… 😳

Drug virgin here 😂

No recreational drugs of any kind. Pot was really difficult to obtain when I was a teen back in Australia where I was raised. Not that I tried very hard, I just wasn’t that interested. I got by with cigarettes and alcohol. Done with the cigs for many years now but still drink.

It’s not yet legal here though it’s looking like it won’t be long. When it becomes available I’ll try it. I don’t have a need for it medically, I’d just use it the way I do alcohol…a drink or toke or gummy at night after work jist as a relaxant after a busy day.

Never have... hate the smell never smoke anything ever ....
legal here but with all the taxes etc most STILL buy from a "independent" supplier lol... price is double in state stores.
I had tried some CBD creams and oils for aches but did absolutely NOTHING for me personally and they are a bit pricey.

I did occasionally from age 18 - 21. Once again in my 40s I think. Quit smoking years ago and it's not legal in KS and we're not allowed to have it in our systems at work.

Drug virgin here 😂

No recreational drugs of any kind. Pot was really difficult to obtain when I was a teen back in Australia where I was raised. Not that I tried very hard, I just wasn’t that interested. I got by with cigarettes and alcohol. Done with the cigs for many years now but still drink.

It’s not yet legal here though it’s looking like it won’t be long. When it becomes available I’ll try it. I don’t have a need for it medically, I’d just use it the way I do alcohol…a drink or toke or gummy at night after work jist as a relaxant after a busy day.
Nothing like a Crown and Coke after a stressful day. LOL!

We've thought about it recently but since DH has Parkinsons, we've read that it can make that whole issue WORSE. So, no "weed" for us - even though it is legal here in Maine and we can grow 3 plants for our personal use.

I tried it in college and wondered what all the fuss was about. I ultimately decided that it was an expense, for nothing, I could not afford.... I have no problem with other people using is BUT don't smoke and drive - any more than you should drink and drive. Be safe, everyone!

It just puts me into a panic attack the times I've tried it.

(Nothing to be sad about)
Yep. Totally get that. I've had a lot of trouble with it exacerbating my anxiety disorder. However, the common factor that I noticed recently, and what made me decide to give it another, very thorough try, is that all the strains I'd tried previous were very high or nearly pure CBD. This time I'm going for a more balanced, "whole plant" approach.

Back