I've never been agile
Thus, don't think I ever will

Even in high school football practice
Never could drop and roll....and roll back up on two feet
I'd crouch down
flop over
get on my knees somehow
and grab a lean tight end, and climb up him

When I met my wife, she could bend over backwards and touch her palms on the floor
I found that rather attractive

Anyway

Anybody still agile?
Like do squat thrusts?

Or are we all half petrified geezers?

Last edited:
Dance keeps me limber and I can still move fairly gracefully. Agility is better after a visit to the chiropractor 😆. I work on my balance daily
I wasn't even thinking about Dance.. yes like you CS. I dance. Not as much as I'd like now given no partner to dance with... but I've been a dancer since I was 7 years old...and still can do it well, just not as much stamina as I once had to keep going for more than a couple of Choons 🎼🎸 at a time... :D

Well, I can still do the splits. But I'm not showing that off any more because it never comes up in conversation.

I wasn't agile after I had heart surgery at age 46, but I didn't think of that. We were camping (in a cabin) at a state park, and I decided to go up a long, steep hill to get the cabin because it was both a challenge and a shortcut. Good thing my collie was witih me -- on my own, I would have been stranded mid-hill.

My former neighbor/now landlord, is still agile. He is 77, in excellent shape and health, and can climb high into a tree, like a monkey. He likes to give me a heart attack - but he uses safety equipment. He used to be a landscaper/tree surgeon. He is a pretty amazing guy - he can do everything I don't know how to do. Some of them things he did in the past - like raising sheep to old age (to stock his nursing home for aging sheep), since he never ate his animals).

Last edited:
🙁 It is with deep regret. that I'm finally starting to admit, that youth is no longer on my side.

While never particularly agile, I wasn't a klutz, either.

I no longer have that long. purposeful stride, but take shorter, measured steps these days. Thankfully, they still get me where I'm heading.

Bah! Aging - wearing out - one can try and fight it, but you really can't reverse it.

Yes when a child. My Dad facilitated us learning a lot of acrobatics. (We knew circus people and i guess i got my curiosity about being able to do physical stuff as well as my mental curiosity about how things work, history and science from him.) At 5-6 yrs old i could walk both slack and tight wires, use stilts that put my feet 6 ft above the ground, some solo trapeze work. After i learned to ride bike within months i was able to get it going fast and then stand on the seat as coasting, could even put one foot on handle bars and take turns that way. (Good thing we lived in very rural area--not much traffic.) My Mom used to tease me because i could do all that stuff, never lost balance going from to fore to aft deck on the boat with it moving, but on dry stable land i could trip over my own feet when just moving across the room.

i could put my ankles behind my neck and walk around on my hands, pick up coins with my toes, big and index toes used for that and for climbing ropes. When i got to high school gym classes i kept telling them if they'd let me do it barefoot i'd be up the rope during 'Apparatus' like monkey. That was the one part of Gym i did well at--apparatus because of my early familiarity with it. i was never a fast runner. (Sigh)

Wow!!

I'd like to see that. My splits have mostly involved bananas...
Nope. I look like a Golliwog since my hair has started to grow back after chemo. Kind of like I have a curly crew cut. Also, I am still recovering from chemo, and probably can't get up (and maybe even down) this time.

I've been doing the splits nearly my whole life. Because I can. At first, it took practice. Once I achieved that goal, I kept made sure it stayed with me.

I’m still agile and limber. My husband says I’m very “bendy.” 😂 Dance helps.

I’m not as agile as I was in my young days, (I wish!!) but I can still touch my toes without bending my knees, pull my knees up and tuck them under my chin when I’m sitting, crawl around on the floor with the grands etc.
Yes dancing helps---even just around the house on my own as i do these days.

Much to shock of my new GP who tho a couple of decades younger than me cannot touch her toes or squat without support like i can--i think she admitted it because she was so surprised that i could mere days before 75th Birthday.

I was pretty agile as a kid, played neighborhood sports, and coached my daughters in sports later in life. However, I have never been able to keep time to music whatsoever. If I tap to the beat, it is either too early or too late. Even the simplest tune. So of course I have never been able to dance in any meaningful way. Trying to dance at my daughters' weddings, well I was embarrassed for the people who had to watch me! This was after my poor wife (deceased) had taken me to dance lessons. I have always enjoyed watching other people dance however, but it just was not for me. Here is what I recently found on Wiki:

"Some people, however, are unable to identify beat and rhythm of music, suffering from what is known as beat deafness. Beat deafness is a newly discovered form of congenital amusia, in which people lack the ability to identify or “hear” the beat in a piece of music."

Back