Anyone fans of Three Dog Night??

We got to attend a Three Dog Night concert recently! We felt like teenagers again 🤗
Well, yeah..sort of. They aren't the same band from the 60s. One of the founding members, Danny Hutton, is with the group and still singing. We've seen them 2x in the last 5 years, their setlist hasn't changed since 2020 if not 2018 -- they even announced toward the end that the encores were now a part of they show and the don't do seperate encores, so don't expect one ☹️. Danny Hutton is pushing 80 if not more. The other lead singer is 76. Both of their vocals showed their age the entire night. Were they good, YES. Did we enjoy it YES. Was it a good show YES. Will we see te again, probably not. You'l have fun, just don't expect the same band as you heard on records of the early 70s.

Last edited:
Yeah, "Never Been to Spain" was a favorite and still is since I have been an accomplished flamenco guitarist since my late teens and personally know and knew many of the Gypsy flamenco greats, but I have never been to Spain.

I still communicate regularly with long time flamenco friends in Spain, so I feel like I have been there in spirit.

"I kinda like the music!"

The "Three Dog Night" inspired my saying, that was a "Three Bra Day", reflecting on a hot sweaty summer day requiring multiple bra and top changes.

Luckly, my former partner in sin, RIP, was a Three Dog Night fan and never took time to try and understand the deep message inspiring the song, "Easy To Be Hard." He had a rather shallow interpetation based on the title and my scant way of dressing and that worked to my favor so I kept mum about the more indepth meaning hahaha.

Yeah, "Never Been to Spain" was a favorite and still is since I have been an accomplished flamenco guitarist since my late teens and personally know and knew many of the Gypsy flamenco greats, but I have never been to Spain.

I still communicate regularly with long time flamenco friends in Spain, so I feel like I have been there in spirit.

"I kinda like the music!"

The "Three Dog Night" inspired my saying, that was a "Three Bra Day", reflecting on a hot sweaty summer day requiring multiple bra and top changes.

Luckly, my former partner in sin, RIP, was a Three Dog Night fan and never took time to try and understand the deep message inspiring the song, "Easy To Be Hard." He had a rather shallow interpetation based on the title and my scant way of dressing and that worked to my favor so I kept mum about the more indepth meaning hahaha.

Do you have any of your music online we could listen to? I would love to hear your guitar playing. I have played guitar for 50 years or so. I was/am a Jimi Hendrix fan, and learned most of my playing from that style. Quite a bit different, but I love Flamingo guitar. :)

Do you have any of your music online we could listen to? I would love to hear your guitar playing. I have played guitar for 50 years or so. I was/am a Jimi Hendrix fan, and learned most of my playing from that style. Quite a bit different, but I love Flamingo guitar. :)

Oh my, first it is flamenco, not flamingo. It has nothing to do with the long legged pink birds hahaha!

A few years ago I had several videos of my playing on YouTube, but since have deleted that account due to being hacked. I still have a few sound clips but no easy way to post them and such would require listeners to download the files to listen to them.

These days, I rarely play, but when I do I play solely for myself. I still do the basic forms of flamenco, my interpretation old style, Siguiriyas, Solea, Alegrias, Bulerias, and Tango. I also do some Mexican and South American folk tunes. I do all my playing on nylon string guitars, mostly peghead, I made myself including the pegs.

Watch this video of a friend, now passed, if you want to understand what solo flamenco guitarist try to express. Then best we return to discussing Three Dog Night which I am a fan.

Last edited:
Oh my, first it is flamenco, not flamingo. It has nothing to do with the long legged pink birds hahaha!

A few years ago I had several videos of my playing on YouTube, but since have deleted that account due to being hacked. I still have a few sound clips but no easy way to post them and such would require listeners to download the files to listen to them.

These days, I rarely play, but when I do I play solely for myself. I still do the basic forms of flamenco, my interpretation old style, Siguiriyas, Solea, Alegrias, Bulerias, and Tango. I also do some Mexican and South American folk tunes. I do all my playing on nylon string guitars, mostly peghead, I made myself including the pegs.
My hat's off to you. Not only do you know flamenco & play flamenco, but you're a luthier who has made her own guitar!

Back