anyone have a blog or know how to start one?

Mine is on wordpress. I use the free version although they have upgrades depending on your needs.
I should add that I have no intention of expanding (online store, sales, etc) so this works fine for me to just put my thoughts down. :)

In my opinion Wix.com is one of the best available. It's free, easy to use and offers many templates. It also offers it's own web hosting.
Wordpress is more flexible (I use both) but with flexibility comes a little sharper learning curve.

Here's a site I made using an upgraded version of Wix: https://www.woodencuriosities.com/
But you can achieve the same results with the free version, but I wanted to tie the site to a specific domain name.

Catlady and Gardenlover:
I'm curious about this blog thing.
What are they for: is it your page where you can write anything that is on you mind, does it function as a diary, a place to post
short stories? What \?

My only experience with this infernal PC was a closed program at work.
We had internet for two days, then the Computer guy checked the activity of the employees, their were dozens of
entries where the employees were going to pron sites-Bingo, no more internet, nothing but the locked work system.

Catlady and Gardenlover:
What are they for: is it your page where you can write anything that is on you mind, does it function as a diary, a place to post
short stories? What \?

We had internet for two days, then the Computer guy checked the activity of the employees, their were dozens of
entries where the employees were going to pron sites-Bingo, no more internet, nothing but the locked work system.
For me, I only started one because I had a shop at Etsy and they all said it helped to spread the word about your shop. The problem is, you have to find a way to find the traffic and that means posting everywhere and including your URL. I like writing but got tired of the work involved.

You can use it like one of our members where he told about living in Alaska, or you can use it like a diary, or like Gardenlover to showcase and sell your items. There's one where I go sometimes, she tells how she and hubby retired early and live frugally.

Thank you Catlady - I created it using a computer and CNC machine. (I wish I could carve that well - :))
I just thought of this, have you considered opening a shop at Etsy.com? Check it out. They charge a listing fee for each item and then a selling fee for the items you actually sell, no contracts to worry about. I just made jewelry (self-taught) but they have a ton of jewelry sellers and I quit, I doubt there you will have a lot of competition sellers.

No, because I doubt there is anyone in the world who is interested in what goes on in my life or my mind.

Used as a diary or a journal might be fun but it would be just for myself, not to share. And would only be a time waster. My day is not long enough as it is.

I just thought of this, have you considered opening a shop at Etsy.com? Check it out. They charge a listing fee for each item and then a selling fee for the items you actually sell, no contracts to worry about. I just made jewelry (self-taught) but they have a ton of jewelry sellers and I quit, I doubt there you will have a lot of competition sellers.
Thanks Catlady - I have an Etsy shop, it's just not active at the moment - things didn't move very fast.

Catlady and Gardenlover:
short stories? What \?

Blogs can be for fun and popular blogs can be profitable. It can be as simple as sharing ideas with family and friends or as complicated as sharing your expertise with the world. There are blogs for just about anything you can imagine.

Thanks Catlady and Gardenlover.
Thanks for information, may give it a try

Garden, those aren't carvings there sculptors,
I like them immensely, but cannot for the life of me understand how you can form such exquisite figures It's beyond anything I would ever attempt, but I can admire them.

Thanks Catlady - I have an Etsy shop, it's just not active at the moment - things didn't move very fast.
LOL, what I hated the most was listing or relisting an item to bring it to the top, and a few seconds later some big shop would list 25-50+ items at once and my puny little listing ended up several pages back. I, myself, seldom look past 2-3 pages on Google and such. I just gave up but never deleted the shop.

I also recommend Wordpress, where I have a blog. I did a free one there for years before opting in to a paid one that has a few more bells and whistles. The blog you create can be about any subject, interest, or topic of your choosing, and customized with features you like...

I began a journal on Wordpress, mainly to publish an article I wrote and it is not as easy as it appears.
Too complicated for me; I had someone help me through all the choices. Whole books are written about Wordpress! You can do it for free or pay for services and some domains. I recommend it only if you are very
skilled with following detailed instructions.
Maybe you mean just a site where you can write your thoughts, 600 words or so. I think Google has an easy one or they did a few years ago. These are free I believe. I wonder who reads them?

I do. I used to have four about different topics. Now I since I changed my life and moved I only kept the one on Blogger because it is free and easy to use. My others were on my own server and I also had a business and was selling on eBay and Amazon too. I do not want to sell anything now. So this blog I am writing now, was actually my original blog from 2005. Before that I had one on Yahoo360. So I am working on it, trying to figure out what to focus on now. So far I am writing about my life and how it changed and what I do now. No ads on it anymore as where I live I am certified every year and if I make more money my rent goes up. Most of my readers have stuck with me and are friends with me on Facebook.

Back