Are fast food prices rising in your area?

Prices are going up to compensate for higher raw food costs, sanitizing supplies costs, and employee PPE and sanitizing work hour costs. With far fewer customers these days, the rising prices are spread more thickly over the customers who do show up.

Basic business economics are at play.

Since most of these fast food places are not allowing any indoor seating, in recent months, we seldom stop there anymore. About the only thing we've bought in recent weeks is a Senior Coffee at McDonalds...IF the drive thru lane isn't clogged with a dozen or more cars. IF we have to eat in the car, we look for a Sonic Drive In...at least they are equipped for in car service.

And, Yes, prices at these places seem to be rising...not substantially, but noticeably....like everything else that is being affected by this CV.

Occasionally we used to go to McDonalds because I have always loved the fish sandwich. (I don't know why it's not that great, but there you are) The last time we went there it was almost $18.00 for two people. And that wasn't for anything special just a couple of their meals. That was a couple of months ago and we won't be back.

I can go to a local Chinese restaurant and get a hot lunch with soup and good service for just over $15.00. Time to start buying local and forget the overpriced fast food.

Let me try a different response.
How horrible this must have been for you to have to sit in a parking lot eating your food. Nobody should have to put up with that type of treatment. 😒

I’m sorry that I don’t remember that you love to cook and prefer home cooked meals. So do I which is why I stay home and enjoy home cooked meals.
If you dislike this so much, I don’t understand why you’d even want to go out to eat. It’s not a criticism. I just don’t understand your post since you are contradicting yourself.

Note: I refuse to feel guilty for having a healthy sense of humour and sorry you lost yours. ✌
@Keesha Because I can't make the soup that Jason's serves. I have a great sense of humor. I haven't lost it.

No fast food for me but last week, for the first time, I went to a place called Blaze Pizza. They do "Build-Your-Own" 11" pizzas for $8 using as many ingredients as you want...cafeteria style. I guess that's fast food. But this is enough for 3-4 meals for $8!!

The woman in front of me said she was "a regular" there and got two whole pizzas where she piled about 5" high ingredients on each. I think it was every ingredient they offered. They flash-fire the pizzas for a minute or so first and then finish baking them in the oven which makes them just like brick-oven pizzas but better.

I ordered tomato sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, onions, mushrooms, and kalamata olives. After it was baked they added two huge fistfuls of fresh super-green Arugula on top sprinkled with olive oil. That was my favorite part. Whoa! I had one piece and was full. I haven't been back but it's on my to-do list for some cold day in front of the fireplace.

Oh wait. I do occasionally go to Cook-Out (quality meat there I think) and share a double patty hamburger for $4 with my two dogs. It's a fun treat but not often because it probably has salt added to the hamburger meat...not the best thing for dogs because I don't think dogs sweat.

{Lara, your hairs so pretty! Not like mine which looks like my avatar dog's.}

On topic, we went to Burger King today, it's our after church habit, and I was so hungry I lost my head and ordered a large chocolate shake. I could only drink a little bit of it because it had way too much chocolate syrup. I was expecting the sort of chocolate shake we used to get in the silver shaker at the Valley Bell when I was little. What happened!

The only fast food we have is while travelling and haven’t packed lunch. I save the FF coupons they put in the mailbox and usually throw them out when the next batch arrives. Once in a blue moon we get to use them while on the road.

Seems like Dunkin coffee goes up 5 cents once a month. We buy a lot, but wised up on how we buy it. I order the extra large and when we get home, we split it. More than enough for both of us. Gotta save where you can.
We order an extra large, or whatever it’s called, Starbucks black coffee & pour half into one of our travel mugs. If we‘d ordered 2 small, we’d be throwing away 2 paper cups instead of one.

I know the “quality” (very loose term) is going down. Whoever had a rare hamburger at Wendy’s? Or I say “no fries please”... and fries are included.. or I ask for un-sweet tea... u get the picture...
Sounds like you are referring more to the quality of service? I swear some of these young folk are deaf, or else has some "attention deficit"...

"I ask for un-sweet tea." Reminds me of when we were in Garner(south of Raleigh, NC) to attend a wedding. Went to a "Mexican" restaurant(which was staffed with Hondurans)for lunch...asked for a "regular ice tea". They brought me the standard sweet tea that everyone drinks in Southern states. Whew, I about gagged on the first sip, you could stand a spoon up in that tea, there was so much sweet! The waiter was bewildered, but they brewed me up some normal, regular, unsweetened tea.

There does seem to be a minor food shortage. I don't know if that is due to supply (trucking) or their is an actual shortage.

Fast food joints are no different than gas stations-gouge if possible.
We can only vote by not purchasing.

Dallas-area, no White castle, miss them.

JuJube: You lived in Detroit area for a while, what was the name of the other burger joint very similar to white castle?
(meat pantie, onion, one pickle slice. 15 cents in 1973)

There does seem to be a minor food shortage. I don't know if that is due to supply (trucking) or their is an actual shortage.

Fast food joints are no different than gas stations-gouge if possible.
We can only vote by not purchasing.

Dallas-area, no White castle, miss them.

JuJube: You lived in Detroit area for a while, what was the name of the other burger joint very similar to white castle?
(*********meat pantie************, onion, one pickle slice. 15 cents in 1973)

meat pantie? Ummm okay. lolololol.

Arby’s has a coupon 5 sliders for 5 dollars. We take lunch to the group home every Saturday since they are still kept home. We spend 10 dollars. The guys get two sandwiches each and we each get one.

We add two large bottles of soda, small chips, and some sort of cupcake dessert. We always use coupons for fast food and have a 20 dollar limit on what we buy each week for the group home lunch.

I love fast food.

I was so upset when I went to buy my usual weekly treat at Jason's Deli of what they call, the Manager's Special which consists of half a sandwich and about a cup of soup. The sandwich has been reduced in size. And of course, the price has gone up!!! :mad:

According to their website followed up by a quick phone call (956-250-8053) it appears that Jason's Deli has a number of discounts including senior discounts. Their on-line ordering program has a virtual dollar for dollar discount.

JASONSDELI-1-1024x556.jpg

www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/edinburg-deli

www.jasonsdeli.com/about-us/sign

www.jasonsdeli.com/online-ordering-faq#deli-dollars

I hope this helped. Take care.

Prices are going up to compensate for higher raw food costs, sanitizing supplies costs, and employee PPE and sanitizing work hour costs. With far fewer customers these days, the rising prices are spread more thickly over the customers who do show up.

Basic business economics are at play.
Finally, a voice of reason.

Back