Are fast food prices rising in your area?

I just got back from my local BurgerKing- totally irritated. In March, a whopper, large fries, large coke was $7+. About 2 months ago, It was $8+. Two weeks ago, it was $9.09. Today, it would have cost me $10.89. I say would have, because I told 'em to stick it. That's an increase of $1.80 in 2 weeks. In all, it's about a 50% increase in prices in about 6 months. Are fast food prices rising in your area?

Burger King? They always have really good specials. On Wednesdays you can get the Whopper Wednesday

Here's the deal.

PSA: Burger Kings in Canada charge you more on "Whopper Wednesday" for Whoppers than other days of the week. Right now Burger King across Canada has a "2 for $7" deal going on every day. As well, the Whopper is cheaper on Wednesdays.

I know the “quality” (very loose term) is going down. Whoever had a rare hamburger at Wendy’s? Or I say “no fries please”... and fries are included.. or I ask for un-sweet tea... u get the picture...

The cost of everything everywhere is rising thanks to COVID-19 but since I am a certified member in good standing of "GarbageBelliesAnonymous" McRib's & BaconZilla's will always by my numero uno's of the lunch ticket. One should always check for senior discounts, volunteer organization membership discounts and always use coupons.

maxresdefault.jpg

www.mcriblocator.com

www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/deals.html

d709ebe3f92f08950eed1db0ff61ab2c.jpg

www.checkers.com/food/burgers/baconzilla/

www.checkers.com/deals/

tenor.gif

I am J. Fenster Blisterbuns and I approve of this message. Remember vote early and vote often.

Last edited:
I was so upset when I went to buy my usual weekly treat at Jason's Deli of what they call, the Manager's Special which consists of half a sandwich and about a cup of soup. The sandwich has been reduced in size. And of course, the price has gone up!!! :mad:

Buy a 2 ltr Coke, bag of chips, pound of ground chuck. You probably have the other fixins.
Make your own. Four separate meals for about $10. ($2.50 each)😉

And don't tell the workers to stick it... not their fault.
I agree, Have it your way!

When I'm having a fast-food burger attack I nuke one of these and load it up.
images

Why am I getting criticized for picking up my fav treat? Holy cow, it is difficult being a member at times. I pick on no one and I, for sure don't criticize anyone in this forum.

Just for that, I'm eating out 3 times a day from now on. lol You forget, I love to cook and prefer home cooked meals.
Oh. You think I’m picking on you? 🥺
Geez! I simply thought your post was funny.
My post isn’t a criticism in the least. I love to cook also and prefer home cooked meal so thought your post was spot on. I didn’t think I’d get criticized for having a sense of humour. 🤓

When I was busy years ago, yes I ate at the fast food places a lot.
These days the main thing I get is a coffee, if possible McDonald.s brand. I don't eat the food
there anymore any other fast food place. I was shocked to hear that Canada declared Tim Horton's a necessary food outlet!! THere are some small places that are nice , however :cautious: I am careful after having a soup at one place paying 3.89 for chicken soup that was warmed up out of a can. You could hear the cans being thrown into the garbage can. :LOL:.

Around here (Ohio) Whoppers have been two for $5.00 for some time. We bring them home and eat them with our own drinks, so, for us, it's a very cheap lunch for two. Now, If our vegetarian son is eating with us, we buy an Impossible Burger for him and they're usually about seven dollars a piece.:eek: Supply and demand gets us there.

Why am I getting criticized for picking up my fav treat? Holy cow, it is difficult being a member at times. I pick on no one and I, for sure don't criticize anyone in this forum.

Just for that, I'm eating out 3 times a day from now on. lol You forget, I love to cook and prefer home cooked meals.

What atmosphere? I park and it is brought to the car. They call it curbside service.
Let me try a different response.
How horrible this must have been for you to have to sit in a parking lot eating your food. Nobody should have to put up with that type of treatment. 😒

I’m sorry that I don’t remember that you love to cook and prefer home cooked meals. So do I which is why I stay home and enjoy home cooked meals.
If you dislike this so much, I don’t understand why you’d even want to go out to eat. It’s not a criticism. I just don’t understand your post since you are contradicting yourself.

Note: I refuse to feel guilty for having a healthy sense of humour and sorry you lost yours. ✌️

Price-wise my area Burger King is a better deal than McDonalds, offering price incentives, coupons, and two-for-one deals you won't find at the Golden Arches. For what a so-called "Value Meal" now costs at McD's, I can do better on price, quality, and quantity at a Chinese place or local pizza/sub shop...

Back