Are You Doing Any Exercise for Fitness?

I have an upper body exercise routine with two 10 lb. dumbbells and walk regularly but no schedule.

Did 2 1/2 hours at the gym this morning. A Tabata class, a weight training session, and a few exercises on my own. I do something like this about 5 days a week. I don't exercise as vigorously as most people at the gym, but I go longer. Seems to work for me. I also do about an hour and a half of physical therapy for my knees one day a week.

Its all helping my recovery from double knee replacement surgery, about 3 1/2 half months out. I am now able to do full deep knee bend squats, first time was last week. Did 25 today, just wish I could say it doesn't hurt...

I believe the only mistake you can make with exercising is not doing any.

We have a gym of sorts here in our gated community that is included in our HOA fee. We have a PT, but, he/she is only available in the mornings from 6-10 am. I work on different parts each week. This week is cardio, next week will be lower body and the week after will be upper torso. I like using the stationary bikes for cardio. It depends on the resistance as to how many calories I burn. We have a Spirometer to test lung capacity.

Did 2 1/2 hours at the gym this morning. A Tabata class, a weight training session, and a few exercises on my own. I do something like this about 5 days a week. I don't exercise as vigorously as most people at the gym, but I go longer. Seems to work for me. I also do about an hour and a half of physical therapy for my knees one day a week.

Its all helping my recovery from double knee replacement surgery, about 3 1/2 half months out. I am now able to do full deep knee bend squats, first time was last week. Did 25 today, just wish I could say it doesn't hurt...

I believe the only mistake you can make with exercising is not doing any.
I believe that at my age, exercising longer is better than intensity. Most of me is fine, but there are too many weak links. Doing things faster or with weights could lead to problems with various joints, back, etc.

Most of me is fine, but there are too many weak links.
I like that description, fits me well.
Doing things faster or with weights could lead to problems with various joints, back, etc.
Yep, I do use weights but long ago gave up trying to increase and keep up with others. I mostly use lighter weights and focus on form, pausing, and moving slowly. Good exercise, but easier on the body.

I used to be super active. I did line fishing and rods and reels fishing with my father and grandfather every year until Papa died. The line fishing was very taxing lol. Archery introduced by Papa, not competitive but stress relief.

Ice skating since 18 months old but stopped in 2004 after hip/back injury, cycling until 22, got a car and mother sold my lovely bike while I was at work, bummer! Swimming, gosh I love that so great for my back problems but found out today that our local pool has changed the rules, the Pandemic settings have apparently ended (I'll be looking into that).

After each pregnancy, I got involved into yoga. Still I recently changed to T'ai Chi, less problems with backaches (which I've suffered for 50 years now). The indoors stairs are very useful to keep joints, knees and hips in good shape.

I've got a stationary bike but considering replacing that with air walker (which replicates kind of cross-country but without snow and cold).

"Quote: moving around with the simple act of walking, is good for you. Going all out isn't always favourable as injuries can make things worst!"

Back