Are you getting your vaccines this year?

4. The covid, a messenger, mRNA, vaccine make proteins in order to trigger an immune response. Studies done during the pandemic and still ongoing by independent medical scientist and virologist, have shown this vaccine and boosters to be effective only at a very low percentage. At best it makes symptoms less severe and does nothing to stop or slow the spread.

Future side effects are unknown. The science of how this mRNA vaccine makes proteins that trigger a response of the immune that would block any corona or covid virus, is lacking. It is theoretical at best. The risk, for me, are higher than any benefits.

I stopped after the 3rd injection, after having a couple days of otherwise unexplained severe nerve reactions. They have never made a vaccine for the simple form of coronavirus, the common cold, so I am skeptical that any effective vaccine for the more advanced coronavirus like covid, will ever be made.

I only got the first three injections, because I couldn't get my yearly cancer checkups without that magic card. My oncologist has since dispensed with any covid vaccine requirement, after seeing the latest studies that show they did more harm than good, especially to cancer patients.
....."For patients who have just had a stem cell transplant or received CAR T-cell therapy, who are typically receiving immunosuppressive therapy, we continue to recommend that they delay COVID-19 vaccination (or revaccination as is recommended for patients undergoing these therapies) until at least 3 months after they’ve completed treatment. That’s based on data that [other] vaccines have had limited efficacy during periods when these patients are their most immunosuppressed.

All other patients who are being treated for cancer, including those getting aggressive chemotherapy, should get vaccinated and boosted without delay.....".

I have cancer too and continue to get booster every 6 months. Of course shots don't stop the spread. Everyone would have to get boosters and that would lessen the spread.

On. my way home today I picked up my prescription, and of course the Pharmacy had a big queue of people there to have their Covid Vaccines....I almost joined the queue to get it, as I was there IYSWIM... then I remembered, everyone I know whose had this latest one has been much more poorly than with the others.. so I didn't have it..

Of course. I'm not crazy. I don't want to get sick and I don't want to infect another person, particularly not my infant grandchild. Got my Covid booster on Saturday. Flu will be next and I'm overdue for shingles and RSV.

On. my way home today I picked up my prescription, and of course the Pharmacy had a big queue of people there to have their Covid Vaccines....I almost joined the queue to get it, as I was there IYSWIM... then I remembered, everyone I know whose had this latest one has been much more poorly than with the others.. so I didn't have it..
I didn't have much of an issue with it. A bit achy the next morning- took some tylenol and all was well.

This is from the CDC official website.​

Current Risk Assessment​

Based on what CDC knows now, existing tests used to detect and medications used to treat COVID-19 appear to be effective with this variant. BA.2.86 may be more capable of causing infection in people who have previously had COVID-19 or who have received COVID-19 vaccines. Scientists are evaluating the effectiveness of the forthcoming, updated COVID-19 vaccine. CDC’s current assessment is that this updated vaccine will be effective at reducing severe disease and hospitalization. At this point, there is no evidence that this variant is causing more severe illness. That assessment may change as additional scientific data are developed. CDC will share more as we know more.
—————————
So, I now have more of a chance of getting Covid because I had a previous vaccine for Covid.
You can’t make this stuff up.

Risk Assessment Summary for SARS CoV-2 Sublineage BA.2.86 | CDC
All that means is that this variant is more contagious than previous variants. Poor wording on the part of the CDC.

yes this has been my experience and my friends' in the past but this time, they're all saying they felt like they got hit immediately with a big stick and felt pretty poorly for a couple of days...
This one wasn't any different than the others- actually my biggest reaction in the past was the second Covid shot back in 2021...and that wasn't that awful. This one was no big deal.

You bet your boots! I got my flu shot this morning at 10:30 at a local Costco. I have been getting my annual flu shot now for the last 22 years. So far, so good (touch wood)!

I am also on a waiting list for that Covid shot. Should be a "done deal" before the end of the month.

I'm a pretty active guy so don't really want to get sick.

Last month I got my flu shot so this morning I went to Walgreens and asked for the RSV or the Pneumonia and they said they didn't have either one, but they did have the Covid so I got it. I was hoping it would get me out of cooking dinner but so far I feel fine.

Back