Are You Noticing Social Distancing And The Per Cent Of Mask Wearers In Stores Lately?

fmdog44

Went To Walmart to get my prescriptions and noticed maybe 60% masked 40% not masked and social distancing was pretty much still the case. In general at all other stores I would guess 65% are not wearing masks.

Right after the mask mandate was lifted in California, I noticed less and less people wearing masks. Seriously down to about 10%. It' going back up though. I'd say 1/2 maybe. The only stores I know of mandating masks are two local thrift shops with older women volunteers. They are very nice about it and the one has free masks to give out.

I'm still wearing mine and no plans to quit.

One of my neighbors saw me in Wal Mart. As soon as he got my attention, he began winding up for a long conversation. He was wearing his mask off his nose and I wasn't wearing one.

I kept taking a step away and he kept right on talking. Good Lord I just wanted to get my stuff and get out of there.

I could count on one hand the number of people wearing masks, and him, he's got a defibrillator implanted to keep his heart beating. WTH was he even doing there?

One of my neighbors saw me in Wal Mart. As soon as he got my attention, he began winding up for a long conversation. He was wearing his mask off his nose and I wasn't wearing one.

I kept taking a step away and he kept right on talking. Good Lord I just wanted to get my stuff and get out of there.

I could count on one hand the number of people wearing masks, and him, he's got a defibrillator implanted to keep his heart beating. WTH was he even doing there?
Well, Walmart is such a fun place to shop.......... 😂

I wear my mask in supermarkets but I don't shop long. I don't walk aisles. I grab what I need and head to self checkout. Have had no conversations with any other shoppers. Most people are not wearing a mask and I don't pay attention to social distancing.

When out and about exploring, I almost never see anyone with a mask. Going into the supermarket, I sometime see a few older, more frail seniors wearing them. As for other businesses (e.g., hardware store, restaurant, etc.), few people are masked.

Some are wearing a mask and some aren't. I always wear mine since I'm not in there very long. I spoke to my nephew who works at a grocery and he said that employees are required to wear one but it's optional for customers which makes no sense. He said he has eventually just covered his mouth since it's hard to breath with one all day.

I just got back from the Dept. of Revenue and wore my masks in. Out of 25 people in there, waiting in lines, not one was wearing a mask...even though our city is starting restrictions again, and it is reporting daily that there is a steep rise in cases right now.

Well, Walmart is such a fun place to shop.......... 😂
I am a shareholder and I have no choice for my pharmacy needs according to Medicare. As far as grocery shopping I get there at 6AM or whatever their opening hours are. I would never go there on a weekend afternoon.

hereya in the big nothing most peeps I saw on my last visit to grocery were NOT wearing masks nor maintaining any distance from one another. not under mandate here,,,,, yet,,,,, I wear a mask when out and when others are in my home. I wipe everything down that visitors in my home touch, lysol, and wash my hands.. I have air purifier with uv-c to help clean the air.....since I am copd o2 dependent!

Right after the mask mandate was lifted in California, I noticed less and less people wearing masks. Seriously down to about 10%. It' going back up though. I'd say 1/2 maybe. The only stores I know of mandating masks are two local thrift shops with older women volunteers. They are very nice about it and the one has free masks to give out.

I'm still wearing mine and no plans to quit.
I noticed a big drop after the mask mandate was lifted here(Calif) in this rural desert town, I would say only the much older, frail seniors are wearing masks in the market. Medical(and dental)facilities still require masks at present.

Masks haven’t been required inside (a few hotspot city exceptions) for a quite a while. I still wear mine and estimate it runs about 50% to 2/3 do around here. Young folks wear them too. The grandsons visiting this weekend just automatically put theirs on. No big deal.

Anything medical, masks are still required.

The arrows on the grocery store are ignored. That was a stupid system that made some people angry.

I went to Whole Foods this morning and 80% of the customers were back in masks. Elsewhere no one was in a mask. City by city in my state they are reinstating the mask mandate. I knew they would do this because our governor never wanted to let us out of it and said back in May we were not ready to, but he was forced by higher authority to end it. Now it's just creeping back. I'm so depressed. 😥

Masks haven’t been required inside (a few hotspot city exceptions) for a quite a while. I still wear mine and estimate it runs about 50% to 2/3 do around here. Young folks wear them too. The grandsons visiting this weekend just automatically put theirs on. No big deal.

The arrows on the grocery store are ignored. That was a stupid system that made some people angry.
Those arrows didn't make me angry. They amused me; especially watching some people standing & staring at them & being afraid to walk the wrong way.

I notice all ages wearing and not wearing them. Even older people not wearing masks.

LOL on those grocery arrows. I agree, they were largely ignored. I'd take my cart backward down the isle so it looked like I was going in the right direction.

Almost everyone was wearing a mask at the grocery store today including me. It was probably 90% wearing masks. I went early this morning and it wasn't crowded so hard to tell if this is normal.

LOL on those grocery arrows. I agree, they were largely ignored. I'd take my cart backward down the isle so it looked like I was going in the right direction.
When I was first married in the 70's, the military commissaries all had one way aisles, which used to drive me crazy. People would get really nasty if you accidentally went down one the wrong way.

Back