Around The Bend

NOTE: As Gregory makes his entrance, he is carrying four bottles of water...which makes me think that he was preceded by a juggling act.

Gregory Peck Makes His First Appearance | Carson Tonight Show

Last edited:
"In the "Get Back" docu-series, Paul McCartney wonders aloud if "Peter has the original" tape - leaving fans thirsting over the prospect of potentially even more lost Beatles music. In an exclusive interview with 'Almost Beatles Songs,' Peter Asher answers this decades-long riddle and shares his experience during the great lost McCartney session of December 1965."

THE GREAT LOST McCARTNEY SESSION OF 1965!

"Paul's gift for writing songs (on his own and in collaboration with co writers) for other artists is something which is often overlooked. "Nobody I Know" was the big hit he penned for Peter and Gordon mid 1960s. In that decade he also wrote songs for Cilla Black, Cliff Richard, PJ Proby and Mary Hopkin. Along with lyricist Tim Rice he wrote a song called Hot As Sun which was recorded by Elaine Paige a couple of decades later. In the early 1960s there was a stream of songs for other artists but I'm not sure if he's done it recently. Btw he's playing drums on The Ballad of John and Yoko." - Phillipe Cook

Mar 29, 2012,

"There's little question that NASA's three-decade Space Shuttle program was one of mankind's greatest engineering achievements, and it turns out that properly ending it is a significant engineering challenge in its own right. The Atlantic has some superb pictures posted of the Shuttles' final weeks in Cape Canaveral as they're torn down, stripped of valuable components and toxic chemicals, and shipped out to their final resting places around the country, hopefully inspiring a new generation of space explorers for many decades to come."
Read More

space-shuttle-atlantic.1419966641.jpg

Space Shuttle decommissioning

iu

What The Endeavour Space Shuttle Looks Like From The Inside.

"At the 2010 National Cowboy Poetry Gathering, a performance of "Annie Laurie" by Cowboy Celtic and Don Edwards, blended with Waddie Mitchell's recitiation of the cowboy poem "Bad Half Hour," graced the Elko, Nevada Convention Center auditorium stage."

‘For the first time in my life I feel whole’ – Julian Lennon (36 min)
"While Julian has received platinum success for his music, he has also pursued other endeavours. The multi-faceted singer-songwriter discusses his work as a photographer, filmmaker, author and his foundation called The White Feather Foundation."

Warren Zevon's Final "Late Show" Appearance | Letterman "Enjoy every sandwich!"

"Just read the interview with Dave about this. He said after the show he visited Zevon's dressing room, which he almost never did. Small talk as Zevon packed up his guitar. Then Zevon passed him his guitar and said take care of it for him. Then Dave just broke down and sobbed openly. What a moment."

Warren William Zevon (/ ˈ z iː v ɒ n /; January 24, 1947 - September 7, 2003)

enjoy_zpsiirstbtq.jpg

Last edited:
Ships And Submarines Depart Pearl Harbor For RIMPAC July 2022

"Multinational ships and submarines leave Pearl Harbor Naval Base in Hawaii to participate in exercise Rim Of The Pacific 2022 (RIMPAC 2022) in July 2022. RIMPAC is a bi-annual exercise; the largest maritime exercise in the world. It currently involves twenty-six nations, 38 ships, four submarines, and more than 170 aircraft and 25,000 personnel. RIMPAC 2022 runs from June 29 to August 4, 2022"

December 7, 2017

'Pearl Harbor tree' rooted in Cades Cove history

"A secluded tree in Cades Cove is rooted in history. Its planting marked the attack of Pearl Harbor and an impending war that changed the lives of people deep in the Great Smoky Mountains."

SEVIER COUNTY, Tenn. — Memorials for the attack of Pearl Harbor are scattered throughout the United States. Chances are you may have missed a secluded tribute planted on a hillside in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

"My daddy transplanted the tree the day of the Pearl Harbor attack. That hill the tree is on was our front yard back then," said Bernard Myers.

21da9b6d-12fe-4e17-be80-b8c36d68ee8d_1920x1080.jpg

"Somehow or another it struck a chord with people. I don't know if it is patriotism or because it seems so out of place. I think some people must think, 'In Cades Cove, there's a Pearl Harbor tree?' Who would have ever thunk it?" laughed Myers. (READ MORE)

9b648c4e-0a6b-44a3-9b60-32ee31701305_1920x1080.jpg

Back