Art, anything goes...

painting.jpg

A 400-year-old Dutch master painting which experts believe could be worth millions of dollars has been discovered in a storeroom in Australia. The artwork called "Still Life" was kept for many years in what is now a museum known as Woodford Academy in the Blue Mountains, in NSW. The valuable 17th century painting from the Dutch Golden Age was uncovered among a collection of 60,000 pieces after the building and its contents were gifted to the National Trust of Australia (NSW).

The work is being attributed to Gerrit Willemsz. Heda, son of the famous Dutch 17th century still life painter Willem Claesz. Heda, who is recognized as one of the great masters of the Dutch Golden Age.

My stepfather was in the movie theater business. What those guys would do, is partner in buying a theater. So, one theater would be owned by 5 guys. And that way, if the business tanked, they could absorb the loss among a group of people.

Anyway, one of his theater buddies was a sculptor...
His son put up a website:

http://morriscohensculpture.com/

He worked a lot in wood. I remember going to his garage. It was all woods. Laid out, drying and all sorts of things. He had this one wood, maybe ebony? It was so dense, that it would sink in water. I remember him mentioning rose wood. But he had endless kinds of different woods. He gave us this beautiful sculpture of a ballerina. Was in our house for decades.

I'll embed one piece so folks can see a sample, without having to go to the website...this one is in marble...

MorrisCohenSculpture.jpg

Art on the Floor: Bookmaking, Paper Making...

from the Newark Museum (NJ)

Learn how to create your own marbleized paper and turn it into a book. Follow along as Museum Educator, Kirsten Mayer guides you through the process!

Fractals 3D Fractal Art

fractals-3129948_960_720.jpg

Robert Edward McGinnis (born February 3, 1926) is an American artist and illustrator. McGinnis is known for his illustrations of more than 1,200 paperback book covers, and over 40 movie posters, including Breakfast at Tiffany's (his first film poster assignment), Barbarella, and several James Bond and Matt Helm films.

The Art of Robert McGinnis

Robert McGinnis, 1926 | The Bond Girls | Tutt'Art ...

RobertMcginnis01.jpg

Robert McGinnis | Robert mcginnis, Black women art ...

If you like his work, and aren't offended by the naked female form 😱, check out his pinups. They are absolutely spectacular but I can't post them here, lol! Don't wanna be censored 🤭, banned 🙁 or burn out anyone's retinas 😎, lol!

Ruby ✌️

Do you see it? Why is it there? A joke? A way of getting our attention?
The artist is unknown but I read that it's probably Albrecht Durer in 1470
because the portrait has a close resemblance to his mother.
She may have a tad better smile than the Mona Lisa (I know, blasphemy:LOL:)
swabia-woman-with-fly.jpg

Last edited:
The series of kisses " Hungry for Love '' created by Lithuanian artist Jolita Vaitkute is not just vegetables that have fallen into the right places. Behind these organics are a real kiss and a true love story inspired by real couples.

Rolandas And Reinaldas​

Rolandas And Reinaldas

Broccoli, red cabbage, red onion, asparagus, leek, potato, celery root, pumpkin, sweet potato.

Silvestras And Jolita​

Silvestras And Jolita
Beetroot, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot, white radish.

Elisabeta And Osvaldas​

Elisabeta And Osvaldas

Sweet potato, Chinese cabbage, red cabbage, cucumber, potato, celery root, pumpkin.

Ruby ✌️

Many children cried when this sculpture appeared at Tamarama Beach, Australia. But the simple twist of making an entire ice cream van melt all over the sand provided many more with the most potent climate change message imaginable. The work, created by The Glue Society, was even featured at the Paris Climate summit.

4QPq2CyFmeEd9SwwXhKJ_1082041067.png

Back