August 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

Out of bed at 6:00 am and started baking cookies at 7:30....for my farmers market booth. At 9:00 I started on the task of hauling away storm debris, By 1:00 pm I'd loaded 3 pickup loads of maple tree branches and taken them to the landfill. At 1:30 I started the day's bread baking, four loaves of honey white for Saturday's market. At 5:00 pm I left for the monthly Master Gardeners meeting....they're my primary social contact so it's important to me. At 6:45 the meeting was over and the lady who's my only close relationship and I went to the local college's Japanese garden (where we are caretakers) and pruned, raked and weeded. At 8:45 we were done and I drove home, seven miles north of town.
Were it not for the meeting and the Japanese garden tending, the day would have been simply storm debris hauling away (at my own speed) and the mellow activity of baking.....a paying hobby. As it was, this was one long day.

:cool:All dressed up, but no place to go, so I am going over to the horse track and watch the race horses work out. This after noon I am going fishing at a pay pond which is stocked with huge cat fish 20-25 pounds most are 2-3 pounds, but if you catch a big one you can sell it back for $1 a pound. (y)

Good Morning Ladies and Gents... Well, it's Friday, again not too sure where the week went... Yesterday cut the grass in the boy's pen before the rain hit, worked some more in the shop with all the tools Lorie brought from the house. Think I have 2 more boxes to go through. Not a lot new. Lorie's gone to pick up the Grandson... Well, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Elder daughter is here for a holiday so day-to-day things are a tad different. Today.... fed the pigs - they're getting big! Daughter enjoyed stroking the sheep who are extremely friendly.
Harvested our gooseberries. we've got so many, not sure what to do with them.

Went to the beach this afternoon. Daughter lives in Manchester, so she enjoys the peace of the countryside and walking on the sand. Tide was out so we had a good walk.
Cooking fish for dinner.

Got up at 6:30 am today to take my car for a much needed repair. The window won't work correctly or close all the way, it's off track, so I took it in at 8 am. Walked home with the dog from the car repair shop. She enjoyed the walk but my darn hip or sacroiliac was acting up so it didn't make the walk enjoyable for me..yet, still glad I can walk. Watched some boring tv shows and then switched to the Spotify app. to listen to music. Waited to hear from the car shop on what they had to do and how much it cost. Finally got the call and it is nearly $400.00. Apparently it was a complicated job. Felt sick to my stomach most of the day. It is better now after eating and taking some tums. Now am waiting again for the shop to call so I can pick it up.

Got up at 6:30 am today to take my car for a much needed repair. The window won't work correctly or close all the way, it's off track, so I took it in at 8 am. Walked home with the dog from the car repair shop. She enjoyed the walk but my darn hip or sacroiliac was acting up so it didn't make the walk enjoyable for me..yet, still glad I can walk. Watched some boring tv shows and then switched to the Spotify app. to listen to music. Waited to hear from the car shop on what they had to do and how much it cost. Finally got the call and it is nearly $400.00. Apparently it was a complicated job. Felt sick to my stomach most of the day. It is better now after eating and taking some tums. Now am waiting again for the shop to call so I can pick it up.

Hope your pain disappears...

Well, after being up all night, we wanted to take all of our old chemicals, and paints in to the drop off they have every Saturday, did that, Lorie ran in to Walmart to get a gift card for her niece's wedding shower today... they just wanted gift cards, then went to Canadian Tire to get gas for truck and fill gas container for lawn tractor... $25.6 for a 5 gallon can... Something is not right for sure. Got home, Lorie changed and left. The boys and I had a nap this afternoon, just waking up... Hope YOU all have a GREAT day, and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Hope your pain disappears...

Well, after being up all night, we wanted to take all of our old chemicals, and paints in to the drop off they have every Saturday, did that, Lorie ran in to Walmart to get a gift card for her niece's wedding shower today... they just wanted gift cards, then went to Canadian Tire to get gas for truck and fill gas container for lawn tractor... $25.6 for a 5 gallon can... Something is not right for sure. Got home, Lorie changed and left. The boys and I had a nap this afternoon, just waking up... Hope YOU all have a GREAT day, and God Bless YOU all...
Mike
Naps are great aren't they Mike? Bless you, too!:)

Today I went for my usual walk with the dogs, did the NYT crossword with the hubs, cleaned both bathrooms, did a load of laundry, went to the store with hubs, then out to lunch at a Thai place, discovered a large Indian grocery next to the restaurant (woot!), came back home and finished sewing a valance for the windows in my daughter's new classroom, and watched a little TV. Had an adult beverage. OK, two. Currently waiting for hubs to finish cooking a late dinner.

Good Morning Everyone...
Well, I'm not sure where the morning went, well I do... I am addicted to this stupid game Golf Rival... Played it for hours last night, and many hours this morning... Lorie went to her sisters for a shower for her niece's wedding shower and decided to stay the night, so I got into this stupid game... If anyone here who is into golf, it's a pretty realistic game... Didn't do a lot yesterday, and seem to be doing even less today... Got a few things to do at the shop today... So will probably wonder down there... Hope YOU all have a GREAT day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Today was a perfect day for me!

I went to the local flea market this morning and found a little table very similar to this one, finding a treasure at a great price is like a drug to me.

il_794xN.1753287243_2gkv.jpg

ooooh another day of sharp bursts of Torrential rain...can't believe it, this is not what we expect in the south in August!! Hubs has time off work and all weekend he's been making new shed door, and fitting and painting them, but dodging in an out of the storms isn't moving things along very fast!!

Today I drove hubs to the big box DIY store in the next town, only my car is big enough to haul lengths of timber home and while he was measuring and buying the wood and various building materials ..I was doing my favourite thing.. *insert sarcastic face*...and grocery shopping ....

Picked him up, and we went and had a quick lunch at the pub....
When we got home I picked up a bottle of Organic Black liquid plant food out in the garden.. his lordship hadn't screwed the cap on, and the whole lots poured out all over my best floral leggings, all into my blue sketchers, really ruined the shoes...:oops:..and stunk like a whole tank of black treacle..*ugh*!!
Leggings are in the wash right now.. but the sketchers are beyond help..

Didn't do much today but need to do a load of laundry-running out of washcloths. Very warm today but when I put the AC on it got too cold. Shut if off, took a nap and turned it back on. Funny how I always feel warmer after a nap. Haven't gone out yet but will be walking the dog shortly. I was sad about how the little bunny that used to sit on the lawn was killed-probably by a coyote-I am an animal lover but fear and don't like the coyotes.

Good Morning Girls and Boys...

Well, yesterday we drove around for some scrap metal and stuff, wasn't looking to be too good, till we drove up one of our last laneways, and came across a pile of stainless sinks, pipes and etc. Filled the trailer, so all in all to that I also got a stove, and bar fridge... So it turned out to be ok for scrapping... Today is breakfast day with the boys... and then coming home to pull my scrap apart, and maybe put the new garage door opener in... Hope YOU all have a fantastic day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

Back