Cafe Entre Amis

It's very good to see your update, and to hear how you are doing. Thanks for the sharing with us.

That is surely a lot of work at your new position, but at least you are more appreciated, and it is definitely needed, for someone to do a good job doing it!
We understand about grieving your mom. I am sure that many of us do. It truly takes a very long time. Hang in there.

I wonder if that different time schedule of evening shift work, is okay or good for the effects on your overall living. I hope so.

So nice to hear from you again Marci. I'm happy you have less stress in your new position!

Can you get them to give you a Haz-Mat suit for those infected rooms?

Yes, our friend Drifter died. I really liked him, too.

Was it hard to get used to your new hours?

iu

c8603-pizzadjcat.gif

It's very good to see your update, and to hear how you are doing. Thanks for the sharing with us.

That is surely a lot of work at your new position, but at least you are more appreciated, and it is definitely needed, for someone to do a good job doing it!
We understand about grieving your mom. I am sure that many of us do. It truly takes a very long time. Hang in there.

I wonder if that different time schedule of evening shift work, is okay or good for the effects on your overall living. I hope so.

I don't know about the overall living thing just yet. I deal with less people now which is helpful.

So nice to hear from you again Marci. I'm happy you have less stress in your new position!

iu

c8603-pizzadjcat.gif
🤣The Hazmat suits are only for Chemical & Biological emergencies. I'd probably pass out in it. We have to wear these aprons that look like trashbags. They're very hot.

Last edited:

iu

c8603-pizzadjcat.gif
I wanted to respond to your second question but I got so tired I logged out and went to bed. I didn't really have hardly any trouble adjusting to these new hrs since I worked 10:30 - 7:00 before and would stay up fairly late and sleep in on days off anyway.

It is so good the see you posting again and to know that a valued friend and sweet lady like you is doing so much better after everything you have been through in recent months.

Pecos
It's been tough but at least things are better now. I hope I can manage to retire at 66 and maybe pick up a job in the school cafeteria or something to make ends meet. I'm sure God will help me get something figured out. Unless things get worse with my lungs then I may be facing having to go for disability. I've been trying to avoid that. I'm trying to ride it out till retirement age. Some days this new job is a real struggle for my lungs. But I'm managing. I gotta go get ready for work.

Y'all have a good day!

I found this article online. I thought it was interesting. It speaks about what lies ahead concerning Covid. I am not sure we'll ever be fully out of the woods. We are seeing a lot of folks dying from Covid. Most of which are elderly. Our patient load is low though which means the vaccines are doing what they were designed to do...keep us alive and keep us from getting quite as sick.

Here's what could lie ahead...

It's 2:30 in the afternoon. I'm on my first cup of coffee. I brought the trash bin back in from the curb. I'm trying to decide which video game I want to play at the moment. I'm working on a dress design in one of my games. I might finish that. Been busy the past 2 weeks at work so I'm pretty worn out. I don't feel like doing anything except resting.

I just remembered I forgot my meds so I'll have to go do that when I'm done writing this. I've been having a difficult time finding programming I want to watch anymore. The old programs I can watch over and over but this new stuff isn't worth my time. I sit and peruse Hulu programming to see if anything interests me. Once in a while I find something.

At work they have these dry erase markers and white boards in the patients rooms. Those markers are nearly impossible to get off the linoleum floors. Drives me crazy seeing all those little polka dots on the floor underneath. And none of the cleaners they have for us seem to do the job.

We get a 2 day respite from the triple digit heat and then we're back into the 90s and up again. Someone put a meme on Facebook about driving with an oven mitt on and even with the sun shade in the windshield I almost went back in and put one of my winter gloves on. Talk about feeling the burn.

Yesterday was a blissfully slow day for us so I did a few rooms and then spent the day doing extra cleaning and running errands for the lead. I had a casserole for lunch that had egg noodles and hamburger and peppers and onions with ricotta and maybe some marinara and cheese in a casserole and it was like mock lasagna and it was delicious. The lead and I had dinner together in the office and had a nice chat.

Well, time to take my meds and get my 2nd cup of coffee and take a look around.

I am really enjoying this gray shade screen on this site. It's nice.

Past couple days have been kinda slow Praise Jesus! I'm still tired from the past 2 wks.
Haven't been sleeping though so I broke out the booze tonight.

The HFAP surveyors will be coming around in August I guess. The bosses have been busy trying to get everyone and everything ready. They have to either get us new carts or put locks on the doors to the ones we have. Which is fine by me. All our chemicals have to be inside the cart. Also fine by me. The only thing they have access to is the mop waters and trash bags. Lots could be done with those. I had a little Filipino gal I had to work with tonight that can't understand English too good and I have no clue what the hell she's saying to me. I tried to explain to her we couldn't put trash bags in the rooms in the behavioral health unit cuz they might try to smother themselves with them. She puts it in there anyway so I had to take the bag and hold it in front of her and point to the trash can and tell her no. She doesn't understand why and I didn't figure it would be appropriate to make a gesture of slicing my neck open like I was gonna die because of the bag. LOL! Man I hate working.

I am really enjoying this gray shade screen on this site. It's nice.

Past couple days have been kinda slow Praise Jesus! I'm still tired from the past 2 wks.
Haven't been sleeping though so I broke out the booze tonight.

The HFAP surveyors will be coming around in August I guess. The bosses have been busy trying to get everyone and everything ready. They have to either get us new carts or put locks on the doors to the ones we have. Which is fine by me. All our chemicals have to be inside the cart. Also fine by me. The only thing they have access to is the mop waters and trash bags. Lots could be done with those. I had a little Filipino gal I had to work with tonight that can't understand English too good and I have no clue what the hell she's saying to me. I tried to explain to her we couldn't put trash bags in the rooms in the behavioral health unit cuz they might try to smother themselves with them. She puts it in there anyway so I had to take the bag and hold it in front of her and point to the trash can and tell her no. She doesn't understand why and I didn't figure it would be appropriate to make a gesture of slicing my neck open like I was gonna die because of the bag. LOL! Man I hate working.
@MarciKS, do u have one of the translator apps on your phone? That could be a help

@MarciKS, do u have one of the translator apps on your phone? That could be a help
That's just it, she speaks English to us but it's so bad you can only understand a few words she says. The rest is anybody's guess. And in order to use a translator you have to know what they're saying and be able to spell it. LOL!

Having my morning cocktail of coffee and my breathing treatment. 😆
Got a quick meeting at work today then it's off to clean up after people. At least I can work in relative peace now.

I enjoy flavored creamers in my coffee. I recently got CoffeeMate Rice Krispie Treat creamer. I have to say I'm not impressed. I probably won't buy it again. It's good but it doesn't take like the Treats to me at all.

Forecast is in the 90s & the air quality here is still in the 30s. Summer is a tough time for me with my COPD/asthma and my arthritis.

I was asked by a gaming friend if I could design a gown and shirt for his character in a game we both play. I'm going to try to make him something nice. I just got done designing two gowns for my in game character to wear.

Have a good day!

That's just it, she speaks English to us but it's so bad you can only understand a few words she says. The rest is anybody's guess. And in order to use a translator you have to know what they're saying and be able to spell it. LOL!
You could just find a translation for the sentence you want to tell her.

Good luck with those hot temperatures. I cannot stand hot weather at all. I stay inside unless I have no choice. I take my trip to the dumpster in the morning before it gets hot. Our temperatures here in NY are not that hot yet (you never know). I think the hottest it has been is in the 90's. I have a plastic collar thing that is filled with some kind of liquid, I keep it in the freezer and if it gets hot I put it on my neck. It works great but I don't usually wear it outside because it melts quickly due to how hot I am.

Hope you have a nice day!

@katlupe I have a cloth the boss gave me that I can wet down and ring out to wear under my shirt plus a neck fan if need be.

@CinnamonSugar right? LOL! They're so frustrating.

Well so far my main issue at work is getting all the blood in the delivery rooms. Some of it is in pin prick size that most of us older folks can't see unless we're down on all 4's. So I got dinged for that but, I don't believe that it's true because of a certain circumstance that took place before the gal cleaned it. Well tonight I wasn't messin around. I went over that bed 3 times with a clean rag each time. Two rags for the bathroom and then I got on all 4's to do the floor under and around the bed before mopping. It passed 2 inspections. They try to tell me there was blood tomorrow I'm callin BS. LOL! It's been super slow the past few days after 20+ room dumps per day for the past 2 wks with only 2 housekeepers. I maybe cleaned 4 rooms and some elevators. Getting ready for bed now. Have a good weekend!

Back