Cafe Entre Amis

I hope you all had a good Sunday.

I watched part of the Super Bowl and got bored.

Working the next 3 days. It's about time for my annual doctor visit so I plan to get my bloodwork drawn Thursday and go pick up my tax forms.

Hi @MarciKS

Happy Pizza-tine Day!

200w.webp

Just two more weeks. Then I'll hopefully never see another food service job again. LOL! I'm ready to move on.

I'm off today so just hanging around resting mostly. Might play some video games here in a bit. Or take a nap. Whichever comes first... 😁

Just two more weeks. Then I'll hopefully never see another food service job again. LOL! I'm ready to move on.

I'm off today so just hanging around resting mostly. Might play some video games here in a bit. Or take a nap. Whichever comes first... 😁
Did you get a new job Marci? I think I saw that you did. What will you be doing? I'm glad you're out of food service.... I know it got "old" . Good Luck!

Did you get a new job Marci? I think I saw that you did. What will you be doing? I'm glad you're out of food service.... I know it got "old" . Good Luck!
yes. starting march 7th i will be transferring to environmental services (aka housekeeping). i've been in food service for 34 yrs and after all the crap that's been done to me over the years at these places as well as the present dept. i just decided it was time for a change. mom's death has changed my perspective on things and my willingness to deal with toxicity in the work place. this will be second shift from 3 in the afternoon till 11:30 at night. i think it will be much quieter and more peaceful for me. i will mostly work alone which will suit me given my nature. thank you rads!

"I haven't lost all my marbles yet but there's a small hole in the bag somewhere." I love that one Marci...I'll have to use it sometime. :p I'm so happy you were able to move from food services. I hope this works out to be just the change you need to reduce your stress.
thank you. me too. something is gonna hafta change. i don't think my health can withstand much more of this.

thankyou kat. i think it will be a lot quieter all the way around without the noise of the cafeteria and kitchen.
so my last day was to be the 3rd of march in food service and they cheated me out of that last day on the schedule. i think i have enough eto to cover the last two days to finish out the week. if not, my coworker joe is willing to take an eto day so i can work it. our benefits are based on hrs of service. if we don't get our full 40 in each week we can lose our health ins. not sure why or how that is legal but it is what it is. i gotta shove off to work. have a good day!

this will be second shift from 3 in the afternoon till 11:30 at night. i think it will be much quieter and more peaceful for me.
I don't know how it is now, or how it might differ from place to place,
But the years I worked in hospital, it was always more calm, relaxed, and less pressured, during the evening shift, than the day shift.

We also got a shift differential per hour, for working evenings. Will you?

I don't know how it is now, or how it might differ from place to place,
But the years I worked in hospital, it was always more calm, relaxed, and less pressured, during the evening shift, than the day shift.

We also got a shift differential per hour, for working evenings. Will you?
Yes I will get $2 more every evening after 7 PM and then $4 more on my weekends.

ball.jpg
It's very cold out today. There's a windchill advisory till 11 AM tomorrow so I'm gonna wait to go to town tomorrow afternoon to get my blood drawn for my annual doc appt. and to get gas.

Doing some dishes and washing today before I sit down to play video games.

I have 9 more days in FS. I'm ready to be outta there.

I have been thinking of you, @MarciKS
And hope that your job change will work out really well for you.
The job change has been wonderful. However it is difficult to keep help. Not too many people like second shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM) & not too many want to clean up gross stuff. :ROFLMAO:

We had two quit so I am now the only actual checkout housekeeper. The rest are leads or charges or have their own areas to clean so they've been rotating them on the schedule to work with me. Most nights there's 3 of us but, some nights just 2. Last night there was just two of us old broads.

They dumped 22 rooms on us. I did 10 and the other lady did 10 and she called two from another area to pitch in with 2 rooms. I was near death last night when we got done. But there's next to no drama & I'm not being micromanaged by an entire department.

My stress level has dropped to a fairly calm state most of the time now. This city has lots of contact ailments such as CDIFF & MRSA. Plus other droplet related ailments. And Covid of course. My coworkers like to stick me with all the isolation rooms because they don't want to have to do them. That always seems unfair but I think the boss would rather have me do them anyway.

We had a room that 3 patients left the hospital and all of them returned with CDIFF after being in that particular room. So I was asked special by the boss to go in and clean it and use the UV light in it. I am much more appreciated in this position. I'm working on trying to get faster at it. During down times we're supposed to do extra cleaning but I don't think much of that is being done.

I've been struggling still with the loss of my mother. Dad is in group therapy. I tried the therapist route and she didn't have anything to offer me in the way of help & seemed disinterested in continuing to try. So I am just dealing with it. I hope you're all safe and well. I see we lost drifter. I liked him.

Back