Cafe Entre Amis

I wanted to say how sorry I am to read about your mom.
It's shocking what the virus is doing and I hope very soon it will be under control.

Take good care of yourself and I hope you will have all the good memories to sustain you.

Condolences to you and your family.

I wanted to say how sorry I am to read about your mom.
It's shocking what the virus is doing and I hope very soon it will be under control.

Take good care of yourself and I hope you will have all the good memories to sustain you.

Condolences to you and your family.
thank you. i appreciate it.

Today we're under a high wind and fire advisory. I hate the wind. It's hard on my asthma and COPD.

My brother is taking pizza over to dad and having lunch with him. He seems to be doing ok so far. Me...eh. Every time I wake from a nap or from sleep I'm slapped with the reality that she's gone the minute my eyes open. Makes me wish I could stay asleep. Surely going back to work will help some. I don't know.

People keep telling me to have a good day when I go to town cuz they don't know I'm not gonna have a good day for a while. But I play along and tell them same to you. *Shrugs*

I quit playing Animal Crossing New Horizons a while back cuz it wasn't doing anything for me at that particular time. I will pick it back up eventually. I did discover I could download and play the pocket camp version which is for a phone on my Chromebook so I got that this morning.

Still feeling kinda crappy from a sinus infection I had. If I don't feel better pretty soon I may have to go see what's going on. I've had 2 rounds of steroids and antibiotics so I don't know. I got one of those Covid at home testing kits from Amazon. There's 2 kits in it. You do one and then wait 24 - 36 hrs and do the other one. Yesterday's came out negative. If I get a positive on today's I will likely go have urgent care run one just to be sure since I had to go out among the unmasked all week.

I notice people keep saying "when this is over." While I think it's great that people are hopeful, I really don't see how this will ever be over since most are unwilling to get vaccinated and follow safety measures. At this point I'm more concerned that we may end up with a variant that will put us in a place of no return. One that we won't be able to protect ourselves against at all that will take us all down. Then people will be begging for something and it will be too late. There won't be anything. But leave it to human beings to think it's all good till it's not.

One of these days we're gonna go from "we have our rights" to "oh shit!" When you get to the latter I hope someone will be standing there saying "I told ya so." I hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing more than to go back to pre-Covid times but, for now, I will remain hunkered down. Not out of fear but out of self preservation since I'm not stupid. I am finding hiding and not going anywhere unmasked or anywhere I don't have to go, very helpful. If this is what keeps me alive then so be it. I will take however many boosters I need to protect myself as long as my body will allow it. If one of them kills me so be it. I have a feeling dying from a shot would be far easier than dying from Covid. I've seen what these patients go through in that documentary. I sure as hell don't want that for myself. A family friend viewed my mothers body and she said you could tell she'd suffered.

We are averaging over 200 cases a week for our county alone. Once Omicron hits KS it's hard telling what those numbers will jump to. Or what will happen at all these hospitals. We're struggling now with the Delta. The Omicron may make things 10 times worse. And yet people are just running around like it's business as usual. I know someone on FB who just left for Florida for God sake. Why? Why go and risk getting it or risk spreading it? Why? Some other poor little old lady like my mother will probably die because someone just couldn't stay home. I will never understand. Never.

Today we're under a high wind and fire advisory. I hate the wind. It's hard on my asthma and COPD.

My brother is taking pizza over to dad and having lunch with him. He seems to be doing ok so far. Me...eh. Every time I wake from a nap or from sleep I'm slapped with the reality that she's gone the minute my eyes open. Makes me wish I could stay asleep. Surely going back to work will help some. I don't know.

People keep telling me to have a good day when I go to town cuz they don't know I'm not gonna have a good day for a while. But I play along and tell them same to you. *Shrugs*

I quit playing Animal Crossing New Horizons a while back cuz it wasn't doing anything for me at that particular time. I will pick it back up eventually. I did discover I could download and play the pocket camp version which is for a phone on my Chromebook so I got that this morning.

Still feeling kinda crappy from a sinus infection I had. If I don't feel better pretty soon I may have to go see what's going on. I've had 2 rounds of steroids and antibiotics so I don't know. I got one of those Covid at home testing kits from Amazon. There's 2 kits in it. You do one and then wait 24 - 36 hrs and do the other one. Yesterday's came out negative. If I get a positive on today's I will likely go have urgent care run one just to be sure since I had to go out among the unmasked all week.

I notice people keep saying "when this is over." While I think it's great that people are hopeful, I really don't see how this will ever be over since most are unwilling to get vaccinated and follow safety measures. At this point I'm more concerned that we may end up with a variant that will put us in a place of no return. One that we won't be able to protect ourselves against at all that will take us all down. Then people will be begging for something and it will be too late. There won't be anything. But leave it to human beings to think it's all good till it's not.

One of these days we're gonna go from "we have our rights" to "oh shit!" When you get to the latter I hope someone will be standing there saying "I told ya so." I hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing more than to go back to pre-Covid times but, for now, I will remain hunkered down. Not out of fear but out of self preservation since I'm not stupid. I am finding hiding and not going anywhere unmasked or anywhere I don't have to go, very helpful. If this is what keeps me alive then so be it. I will take however many boosters I need to protect myself as long as my body will allow it. If one of them kills me so be it. I have a feeling dying from a shot would be far easier than dying from Covid. I've seen what these patients go through in that documentary. I sure as hell don't want that for myself. A family friend viewed my mothers body and she said you could tell she'd suffered.

We are averaging over 200 cases a week for our county alone. Once Omicron hits KS it's hard telling what those numbers will jump to. Or what will happen at all these hospitals. We're struggling now with the Delta. The Omicron may make things 10 times worse. And yet people are just running around like it's business as usual. I know someone on FB who just left for Florida for God sake. Why? Why go and risk getting it or risk spreading it? Why? Some other poor little old lady like my mother will probably die because someone just couldn't stay home. I will never understand. Never.

I don't understand either.

I agree with a lot of your post, Marci, and I'm glad to see you posting.
And I know what you mean about waking up, and it's still real about your mom.

That's upsetting that your sinuses are bothering you. I hope all the tests are negative, and that you might start to feel a little better, physically.

That's good that your brother took pizza to your dad's for lunch.
Hang in there.
When are you supposed to go back to work?

I don't understand either.

I agree with a lot of your post, Marci, and I'm glad to see you posting.
And I know what you mean about waking up, and it's still real about your mom.

That's upsetting that your sinuses are bothering you. I hope all the tests are negative, and that you might start to feel a little better, physically.

That's good that your brother took pizza to your dad's for lunch.
Hang in there.
When are you supposed to go back to work?
On Monday. By then most of the water works should be over and I'll just mostly have the sadness.

Our winds today topped out at 98 mph. We spent a couple hours with no power. I thought the wind was gonna rip the screen door off the frame. It snapped a large tree branch off the tree across the street like it was styrofoam. The house shook from the gusts. Plus it was throwing dust into the air so bad that it looked cloudy and visibility was 1/4 a mile. And people were out walking in the crap.

Turns out the wind speeds for an F1 tornado in KS are 73 - 112 mph. I shoulda been in the basement technically. Power was out for 2 hrs. Blinked on and off a couple times after that. Ribs hurt from all the coughing yesterday from all the wind and dust. Exhausted today.

I know Pepper. (hugs)

This is where we are right now in KS.

We already have Omicron in KS.

Last edited:
:coffee: Morning. Still nursing a respiratory infection. Watching a little Young Sheldon. Trying to decide what to have for lunch. I think tomorrow I will call a pizza place for delivery. I'm mostly tired right now but otherwise managing ok. Gave dad a chuckle in email this morning. It's been a very quiet week. I am glad work was understanding enough to let me be off for so long. I think I'm ready to return to work on Monday. If this infection doesn't clear up I will plan on going to urgent care this week. I really don't wanna end up in the hospital. Till then just resting and taking in fluids. The cough has settled down quite a bit. Just a lot of congestion yet. Not as bad as before but, still annoying.

Did a few dishes. Having some tea with my cold medicine stuff in it. Pondering a bowl of Ramen noodles. Or a nap or both. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Still struggling with mother's death. But I no longer feel like I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders. Just sad now.

Transferring to a different dept. at work in March. Covid is marching through our dept. again because people have come in and lied to the screening kiosk and come to work and infected everyone else.

Otherwise things have been quiet.

Still struggling with mother's death. But I no longer feel like I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders. Just sad now.

Transferring to a different dept. at work in March. Covid is marching through our dept. again because people have come in and lied to the screening kiosk and come to work and infected everyone else.

Otherwise things have been quiet.
I am so glad that you are going to be able to move out of that work environment. You are overdue for a break.

@MarciKS , good to hear from you. I'm glad to see you're being transferred...where will you be working?

Of course you're still sad about losing your mother. How is your father doing?

I felt so bad when I read about your weather/winds. With your COPD, it must have been awful.
I'm transferring into the housekeeping dept. except nowadays they call it environmental services. My daily grind will be much quieter and more peaceful. I'll be cleaning the rooms after the patients are discharged.

Dad seems to be doing ok. Things are still awkward for us. Never hear from my brother.

My COPD was pretty bad there for a while. Plus I got a respiratory infection that may or may not have been Covid. Covid is marching through our entire dept. at the moment. So I'm not certain if I'm gonna get it or not.

I start the new job Mar. 7th. I'm looking forward to it. The bosses lied to me about the full time position they had given me in the cafeteria. They never had any intention of letting me have it. Once I found that out, that's when I decided I'd had enough. I know most of the staff on 2nd shift since I feed them in the evenings when I do work in the cafeteria. One is a friend of mine.

I had to work right next to an employee with Covid at work one evening. We were serving the patient trayline. I didn't get it thankfully. I had 2 masks on though.

Back