Cannabis is Legal in Canada

Beezer

Years ago in my 20's, I smoked a few joints with my brother one night. It went like this...

Me: "Hey Bro. You know why I don't like smoking up very much? Because every time I do I just tell bad joke after bad joke and I end up being a giant pain in the ass to everyone around me."

Brother: "So in other words, it has no effect on you at all."

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, man! Stoned, we both hit the floor laughing uncontrollably!

Cannabis is legal in Washington state (USA), as well. But, while I would have welcomed that back in the '60's or '70's, I really don't care at all now. I don't even drink alcohol.

Also unfortunately, I don't have a great joke to go along with this post, either. LOL

I haven't smoked up in many years even though it is legal in my country. Never really cared for the buzz. I'm basically Joe Sixpack...I like a couple of light beers here and there.

As a former Ambulance guy for 10 years, I would much rather deal with somebody who has smoked, than a drunk who wants to fight with me. JimB.
Yeah who wants to get "laid back" and start a fight? True, there are problems with cannabis abuse, but they don't seem to be as harmful as alcohol, although the jury may still be out on that. I don't smoke it anymore. It's been 50 plus years, but I think in time it will be recognized as the lesser of two evils. Right now, law enforcement has better things to do than throw pot heads in jail. Really, there are much more serious issues out there that need to be addressed.

As a former Ambulance guy for 10 years, I would much rather deal with somebody who has smoked, than a drunk who wants to fight with me. JimB.
I agree. People who used cannabis are far more passive than those who drink and and want to fight. Alcohol seems to bring out aggression in people where cannabis seems to mellow people out.

Last edited:
Years ago in my 20's, I smoked a few joints with my brother one night. It went like this...

Brother: "So in other words, it has no effect on you at all."

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, man! Stoned, we both hit the floor laughing uncontrollably!
Beezer, your story reminded me of when a bud and I got stoned. Only stoners can understand. We tried to find the meaning of life, and we did. It was Stan Laurel.

Yeah who wants to get "laid back" and start a fight? True, there are problems with cannabis abuse, but they don't seem to be as harmful as alcohol, although the jury may still be out on that. I don't smoke it anymore. It's been 50 plus years, but I think in time it will be recognized as the lesser of two evils. Right now, law enforcement has better things to do than throw pot heads in jail. Really, there are much more serious issues out there that need to be addressed.
Although personal use ( less than 30 grams ) is legal for those over age 19 in Canada, large amounts are still prosecuted in our courts. Many of the isolated Aboriginal reserves grow it in large amounts, and sell it as a community income source. JimB.

In Canada, DC etc, is it actually legal in the sense that it can be openly sold in licensed retail outlets and regulatted for strength? Or has it merely been decriminalised? By which I mean, do you still have to go to a dealer for your supply...a dealer who may try to get you to try other, less healthy products, and who cannot guarantee the purity of what he provides..

In Canada, DC etc, is it actually legal in the sense that it can be openly sold in licensed retail outlets and regulatted for strength? Or has it merely been decriminalised? By which I mean, do you still have to go to a dealer for your supply...a dealer who may try to get you to try other, less healthy products, and who cannot guarantee the purity of what he provides..
There are stores you can purchase it at which are strictly for cannabis only. In this province, it’s sold in LCBO ( liquor stores ) and in some places , like Newfoundland, it’s sold in convenient stores and certain gas stations as well. There are menus you can choose from that show what strains are available, how much THC is in it etc…You can purchase hash and certain edibles. There’s even flavoured liquid infused with cannabis for those wishing to vape and there’s also pre rolled for those who want to smoke it but don’t know how to roll. We even have the option is grow our own. Each household has a limit of 4 plants with no size limitation on the plants nor is there a cannabis limitation. We can have an unlimited supply of cannabis however the legal amount to travel with is approximately one full ounce.

Note: purity is 100% guaranteed which is why the government took over. Now you are guaranteed not to purchase cannabis with fentanyl, mould or crushed glass in it etc. It’s anally monitored for top quality.

Last edited:
As it should be everywhere. Kudos to Canada!

I know it creates some problems, but fewer than being illegal, no cash flow to the cartels...

I'd be happy if it did not exist or if no one used it, but regulating things like this just doesn't work, or not very well anyway.
That's a sentiment that I can go along with. Tobacco and alcohol have been mainstream for centuries, cigarettes never did anyone any harm, did they? Alcohol, well who hasn't been intoxicated once in a while? Intoxicated? That's derived from toxin, another word meaning poison.

The UK treasury does very well out of those two acceptable drugs, if cannabis were legalised and carried similar levels of taxation we could probably balance the books within a year.

In Canada Government approved retail stores are everywhere. The growers are multi million dollar corporations, with their shares traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Within a mile of my house here in the west central part of Toronto there are 4 shops. JimB.

That's a sentiment that I can go along with. Tobacco and alcohol have been mainstream for centuries, cigarettes never did anyone any harm, did they? Alcohol, well who hasn't been intoxicated once in a while? Intoxicated? That's derived from toxin, another word meaning poison.

The UK treasury does very well out of those two acceptable drugs, if cannabis were legalised and carried similar levels of taxation we could probably balance the books within a year.
Taxing it was probably the number one reason why it was legalized in the first place. Profit first RULES especially where government is concerned.

I read on a website while back, about Hemp Oil being good to cure loads of medical conditions. Someone in the article even mentioned curing his cancer with it.

Never tried it myself, but what I've seen kids in secondary using was something brownish called HASH?

Now, we've left Canada and it's legal there. Here, it's still illegal... Very strange...

But an article in Metro UK said that Herb-style vaping pens for marijuana were going to be available in London, England. Haven't seen anything online yet!

Oh ya! We got them "weed shops" just about on every block in every city. Way too much for me as I see it. The government was hoping to make a fortunate in taxes and maybe they are. Many have gone out of business because there are just too many of them.

ME! I don't smoke that stuff but I do enjoy a nice glass of "Sailor Jerry" now and then. I also enjoy 2 cups of coffee each morning. The young generation does not drink coffee as they say, "it's bad for your health" because of the caffeine. Meanwhile they are standing around smoking that dope in a grey cloud. Dope that is flavoured in Vanilla, chocolate or whatever. Nice way to get the young hooked for the rest of their life.

We have wonderful freedoms in this land of democracy. You can die by killing your liver with alcohol or you can die from throat and/or lung cancer. Nice choices! Man! Got love freedom!

Attachments

• Sailor Jerry.jpg
    Sailor Jerry.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • vaping.jpg
    vaping.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
John! There are many more options than smoking or vaping. There are edibles, caps, teas etc. and chocolate flavoured dope is much better than fentanyl flavoured dope.

Currently you can go to the liquor store and choise your poison knowing it’s been certified as authentic AND been through strick quality control so you know it’s not been made by illegal boot leggers.

Cannabis users can now purchase their drug of choice knowing it’s been certified as authentic and been through strick quality control so others know it’s not from some illegal cartel.

We all have our vices. Isn’t it best to endure top quality for the safety of ALL regardless of preferences?

2.webp

Why do people always compare it with alcohol? I can think of a lot of things that are better than alcohol that still aren't great. It's not like everybody has to choose between getting drunk or getting stoned.

Not everyone who smokes it just mellows out, there's a percentage who become violent. It's not talked about much though because there's so much money in the business.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7084484/

Back