Cbd oil and arthritis pain

I saw CBD oil mentioned on the shingles thread, and I wondered -- has anyone here tried it for arthritis pain, and has it helped? I have fairly significant pain in my hands and shoulders from arthritis. A friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that she was going to try the CBD oil. I've looked online and there are a zillion different kinds, with all kinds of claims, and all of them seem a bit pricey.

I would be very grateful to hear your experiences with it, and what brands you recommend. I am quite hesitant to take the regular medical arthritis pain stuff, like celebrex, et el., because reported side effects and friends' negative experiences with those drugs.

I have tried it, no help for me. I used all three strengths recommended. 500mg $40 / 750mg $60 & 1000mg $90 Used it in the manner directed on the label. Half a dropper under the tongue , three times per day, tried it for three full months, increasing the strength each month. Bought a forth 750mg & tried it topically..[mostly on my knees & shoulders]...again no help.........sorry to say.

The brand was Queen City Hemp,

Not knocking the product...just saying that it did not work for me.

I have tried it, no help for me. I used all three strengths recommended. 500mg $40 / 750mg $60 & 1000mg $90 Used it in the manner directed on the label. Half a dropper under the tongue , three times per day, tried it for three full months, increasing the strength each month. Bought a forth 750mg & tried it topically..[mostly on my knees & shoulders]...again no help.........sorry to say.

The brand was Queen City Hemp,

Not knocking the product...just saying that it did not work for me.

You might try GoGreen (there's many brands out there, some are just oil)
and the balm if local pain, like joints, hands

I saw CBD oil mentioned on the shingles thread, and I wondered -- has anyone here tried it for arthritis pain, and has it helped? I have fairly significant pain in my hands and shoulders from arthritis. A friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that she was going to try the CBD oil. I've looked online and there are a zillion different kinds, with all kinds of claims, and all of them seem a bit pricey.

I would be very grateful to hear your experiences with it, and what brands you recommend. I am quite hesitant to take the regular medical arthritis pain stuff, like celebrex, et el., because reported side effects and friends' negative experiences with those drugs.

I recommend the GoGreen balm

works for me and my lady

You might try GoGreen (there's many brands out there, some are just oil)
and the balm if local pain, like joints, hands

I recommend the GoGreen balm

works for me and my lady

Well...on your word, I will try it.

But to be fair, this product [Queen City Hemp] does seem to have a good reputation.

Well...on your word, I will try it.

But to be fair, this product [Queen City Hemp] does seem to have a good reputation.
Since you've had Zero effect, I'd recommend the GoGreen balm, not the oil.
Just dab enough on your finger to feel it, not see it.
Massage into the pain filled area for about a minute.

Please let me know how it works.
If it doesn't, you'd be the first.

I assume you were / are talking the 1000mg strength? Just now ordered it, will give it a try as soon as it arrives.

Since my hips are a larger source of the pain, I thought the stronger would penetrate better?....

We'll see...Thanks.

Not arthritis, but the balm worked well for my husband's minor shoulder injury and some knee pain he was having, 1,000 mg....plan to buy the oil soon to keep on hand for either of us if needed.

I just ordered one bottle of the orange oil, 1,000mg. The balm worked well, if the oil is good too, it's worth the price to relieve pain. Thanks for your advice Gary!

I just ordered one bottle of the orange oil, 1,000mg. The balm worked well, if the oil is good too, it's worth the price to relieve pain. Thanks for your advice Gary!
The oil has worked wonders on my shingles in the evening, and my lady's overall discomfort....including mental outlook.

Please advise how it works for you

and you're quite welcome

I plan to order some -- can't decide between the balm or the oil.

Gary O', how often does a person need to use the CBD?

As I understand it, and from my experience;

The oil is more for internal stuff
Put a half dropper under the tongue.
Keep it there for 30-60 seconds (or ten seconds...all I care to do)
Relief should come within minutes.
I've taken it within a couple hrs, but it should last 2-4

It really really helps my shingles (they're still with me, btw, but the pain is manageable)
The itching...ho lee cow..I wanna take a tiny pitch fork, dig deep into my ear, and twirl it, for about an hour.
The stage of shingles I'm in is 'post herpetic neurosis', or, as I understand it; fake pain senses sent to the brain from screwed up nerve ends, thanks to the shingles.

I got the GoGreen 250mg as my local outlet didn't have it in any greater strength.
I did get another brand (Healthy Roots) the dealer recommended, in 1000mg....not the same, makes my wife a bit spiritually numb, whereas the GoGreen 250 noticeably buoys her spirits.

I have just seen that the 500 and 1000mg can be ordered directly at GoGreen, of which I may just do, but the 250mg has pretty much done it for me, at a lessor price.

The balm is for local, more exterior, miseries
Just rub enough on yer forefingers to feel it, and massage into the area for 20-30 seconds
Relief should come within minutes
It has really been effective in my lower back area
I've also used it within a couple hrs

The dealer says I can't OD on the stuff
But
common sense needs to rule

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Are you talking about the Go Green Eucalyptus and Lavender Balm Salve as featured here:
https://www.gogreenhemp.com/products/gogreen-hemp-cbd-balm-salve-eucalyptus-and-lavender

I have osteoarthritis in my knuckles. Quite painful sometimes and I'd like to try something besides acetaminophen, which doesn't work all that well anyway.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the Go Green Eucalyptus and Lavender Balm Salve as featured here:
https://www.gogreenhemp.com/products/gogreen-hemp-cbd-balm-salve-eucalyptus-and-lavender

I have osteoarthritis in my knuckles. Quite painful sometimes and I'd like to try something besides acetaminophen, which doesn't work all that well anyway.

Thanks!

Looks to be one and the same
ours is 'calming puple', of which contains lavender and bee's wax
not sure why the 'flavors'

Yeah, I've OD'd on ibuprofen for years to ease my back pain, and hanging on a tree limb.

Now?

I keep two of those little tins in the cabinet (have yet to use up the first tin, bought months ago)

I concur with everything Gary said regarding the balm, it works great. I just ordered two more cans of the 1000mg Calming Purple. Wife and I use it for arthritis pain and anything else that hurts. We try to keep an extra can on hand so we don't run out.

Anyone ordering on Gogreenhemp.com try using "first" or "new" in the discount code box for 15% off. They also have free shipping for orders over $80 I believe.

I used something called Jungle Balm which is pure Lawang oil from Indonesia. I had my left thumb started to lock up on me to the point I had to move it with my right hand. I don't claim it was arthritis. After a couple weeks of applying three times per day all symptoms were 100% gone, no pain and free movement and it has been 7-8 months and going strong. This oil does not describe what is for rather only to apply and wash hands after but it worked for me. It came in a 50ml bottle but I don't recall the price. www.junglebaum.com.au

Well so far....it has had no effect . Been using it for 2+ days on one shoulder & one knee....no change. I have it now so, might as well keep trying it. I'll try to reach my 'back-spots' .........maybe it's geographical?...:)

Edit to say...I was referring to the CBD Balm.

Back