Christmas Decorations at Home, or, other's that you see at Christmas

Denise1952

I started my decorations today, and I'll just share one photo, of one window for now. I hope you will feel welcome to share your own decorations, or any that you might see in your neighborhood, or anywhere you go!

This is my large window that looks out from my 3rd, floor apartment. I just see trees, which I love. Folks do drive all around the building so some of them will see my decorations. I think I do it mostly for me, but it's fun to know others get a kick out of seeing them too. Still one of my fave times is to drive around and see Christmas decorations:)

rear window.jpg

That's very pretty Denise, I love the tree! These days I just plug in my tiny ceramic tree and set it on top of the stereo cabinet, then as cards come in I place them in that general area. I don't put it out until mid December though, and put it away after New Years. Years back I used to have a big tree, but don't want to bother with one any more now that it's just the two of us.

attachment.php

Oh it's darling Seabreeze! Hey, it's whatever folks like. Mine is simple because the little coffee hooks are still up, so I just hang the lights on them, and I keep it all simple:)

You did better than I Pappy, I couldn't remember how I hung mine last year on the door, so I hung it in a small, kitchen window, LOL!!

*Lesson for the day: I will not keep 2 tabs open of Senior Forums as I post in the wrong threads:(

Attachments

• wreath.jpg
    wreath.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 77
Day 1 of Christmas Decorating: Went to garage, looked at boxes on top of shelf, considered getting them down, sighed dramatically and took a nap.

Day 2 of Christmas Decorating: Thought about decorating, sighed dramatically and took a nap.

Day 3 of Christmas Decorating: To be continued tomorrow. Will probably involve dramatic sighs and a nap.

Sounds like our house. Must be the Florida weather. :zz:

LOL, and on the 4th Day of Christmas, her adornment said to her??

Ok, yesterday I mad my "wall tree" although unfinished, and I'm glad. I don't like the blue led, and my red ornaments don't show up at all when the lights are on. So today, I'm changing things around, LOL! Here's a pic though and I do like the "wall tree" idea I got from Pinterest;)

lights.jpg

Because my property sits within a cemetery - a large piece of property that is privately owned but deemed "public" - I made concessions regarding holiday decorations on my house and in my yard.

I'll be putting my tree up in front of the big front window this evening (provided my granddaughter is not too tired from work to help).

Outside, I can either trim the house with lights - non-twinkling, and white only - or I can decorate the poplar tree in the front yard as long as it's done "tastefully"; non-twinkling lights only, no baubles, but "Christmas colored" lights are ok. Normally, I trim the house with white lights, but I won't be doing that this year.

I have some I saved although all the decorating I do these days is hanging a wreath on the front door about the second week in December (I got it out of my aunt's estate).

wreath.jpg

I also have a box full of just cat ornaments - her are just a few samples:

ornament12.jpgornament13.jpgornaments1.jpg

Attachments

• ornaments2.jpg
    ornaments2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 54
I did NOT like those blue lights in my living room, they were gloomy, LOL! So I put them on my rear window with the little tree (multi-colored lights) and I like them there;) My front room wall-tree isn't finished yet but will post that when I get'er done;)

rear window christmas 2017.jpg

Oh I love all your kitty ornaments, and the wreath is lovely!! I love the older ones as well De, wow, those look priceless to me, some like my mom, and grandmother had:) Wonderful you've hung onto them:)

Most of my tree decorations are of the "shiny Brite" era and are very dear to me.
Others are handmade, some from my late mother, others collected over the years.
To me my tree is filled with memories and not cheap ornaments made in Asia.

Debodun, I have several of the same ornaments shown in the boxes,they are very special. I love the idea of a wall tree can't wait to see it finished. Denise your little tree looks so pretty. I have one in our little sitting room. I probably won't put up a large tree because we will not be here for Christmas but I always put up the manger my Grandpa gave me in the early 50's. The original was cardboard and only about 6 figures. I have added over the years. In the 60's my Grandpa made it out of wood and added the small area for the sheep. It means so much to me. little tree (800x600).jpgmanger (800x600).jpg

Back