Covid - We blew it

I wonder about the people who were not already washing their hands several times a day. What’s up with that? I mean, for adults, washing your hands, several times a day, should be second nature.
I think most adults washed our hands several times a day, but how many of us did so thoroughly when returning home from an errand, after putting away groceries, or having other contact with the outside world?

I virtually never used hand sanitizer before last February - other than on cruise ships. Now I keep a little refillable bottle in my purse and use it every time I'm about to get into my car while out running errands.

Earlier this fall it occurred to me that even though the experts were saying the flu season would be a bad one, if we were getting shots, wearing masks, social distancing and washing our hands, wouldn't that make it much less able to be transferred, like covid? That would prevent a lot of flu germs from spreading I'd think.

When we flew a lot for business, I was always washing my hands - often would get some kind of "pip" after coming back home...but honestly never did use hand sanitizers - just lotions to help cracked hands- as a result of excess washing in the winter.

they're keeping everything open here with a gathering limit of 15 with distancing. at work they think it's ok for 8 people to sit together at the same table with no distancing. cuz their tards. that's all they did was limit the number of people for gatherings. i don't know wth our governor is thinking but whatever.

Earlier this fall it occurred to me that even though the experts were saying the flu season would be a bad one, if we were getting shots, wearing masks, social distancing and washing our hands, wouldn't that make it much less able to be transferred, like covid? That would prevent a lot of flu germs from spreading I'd think.
I agree completely. DH & I typically get several colds every year because our daughter & SIL are both teachers and they've got two elementary aged kids - so someone's sniffling with something in their house at least every other month.

Since March they've been doing online school and we all follow the precautions you mentioned. Not one of the six of us has been sick with anything since early March.

It's hard to imagine the flu will get a foothold this year.

they're keeping everything open here with a gathering limit of 15 with distancing. at work they think it's ok for 8 people to sit together at the same table with no distancing. cuz their tards. that's all they did was limit the number of people for gatherings. i don't know wth our governor is thinking but whatever.
I guess he’s thinking that the adults will make the right decisions and he wants to be re elected. He obviously stupid.

A very strict code red lockdown for us.
Only essentials are allowed to be sold.
Several businesses are closed till December 12, from there, we don't know.
Grocery store, pharmacy are open to full shopping.
Home Hardware, and another hardware stores sign says open......don't know what restrictions entail.
Clothing and footwear stores are closed.
Bank is open.
One small toy type store is open for curbside only.
Red Apple store is open........but........only food and health items are allowed to be bought...........everything else in the store is sectioned off.......with police type tape used that says.....Do Not Enter, Restricted Area.
When i went into Red Apple.......a very odd feeling came over me......somewhat scary, and sad.

Back