Did your school have school yard bullies?

Not that I was aware of. Our schoolyard had a boy's side and a girl's side. I don't recall any girl bullies while I was there but that doesn't mean there weren't any. Of the boys, I couldn't say.

Neither my grade school or my high school had "packs", and I was not bullied. However, I was only one of about 6 Gringos in the grade school of about 500 kids. Most of them were Mexican-Americans and my friends. I did however become very experienced in Judo and Boxing so adverse interactions were resolved pretty quickly. HS was pretty peaceful, …. with the exception of a couple of short encounters.
My younger brothers didn't have any trouble either, and nobody in their right mind wanted to mess with the middle one.

Yes especially in middle school there were a couple of bullies but like Holly Dolly said the worm did turn in my case and one pushed me down the school stairs and then the game was on. She lost half the hair on her head and came away with a very bloody face. She got what she deserved and my reputation grew as someone who could take care of herself in a fight and no one bothered me again.

Yes especially in middle school there were a couple of bullies but like Holly Dolly said the worm did turn in my case and one pushed me down the school stairs and then the game was on. She lost half the hair on her head and came away with a very bloody face. She got what she deserved and my reputation grew as someone who could take care of herself in a fight and no one bothered me again.
Our Lc is fierce! (y)

If there was, I wasn’t aware of any. We all got along pretty good. Of course, we had our cliques. Depending on what your interests were, that’s the group you ran with.

Really? I had you pegged as a girly-girl. My wife is a girly-girl. Always dressed like she’s going to a prom. (Well, kind of.)
Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't turn into a tough , hard nut, or a bully, I just learned to fight back, and I don't know who was more surprised that I could stand up for myself, me or the bullies.. I suppose having 3 brothers meant that I'd learned how to fight without realising it... I took on 3 girls literally behind the bike sheds, and beat the hell out of all 3..the rest of the gang gave me a wide berth from then on..

Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't turn into a tough , hard nut, or a bully, I just learned to fight back, and I don't know who was more surprised that I could stand up for myself, me or the bullies.. I suppose having 3 brothers meant that I'd learned how to fight without realising it... I took on 3 girls literally behind the bike sheds, and beat the hell out of all 3..the rest of the gang gave me a wide berth from then on..
Lady, I am rather proud of you.

Yep. John Decker. My nemisis from the 7th thru the 12th grade. I'll write more about this when I have more time.

Last edited:
Yes, my school had lots of bullies & I was frequently bullied. When I ignored the "Hi, Fatso," & "Hi, Four Eyes," they resorted to shoving & punching. I've always hated fighting, so I notified school administrators & teachers - most of whom were apathetic & brain dead. They told me, "You are old enough to fight your own battles." (translation: Don't bother me; I'm only here for my pay check).
I took their advice & was suspended for fighting in school.
While I was home, I thought, "Wow, I want to get punished more often! I hate school & they told me I don't have to go there."

Last edited:
I watched a girl fight once. Two girls going at it; fists flying, hair pulling, one girl had a bleeding lip and the other had a really nasty bite mark on her arm. Teacher (male) broke it up and didn’t say much to the girls, but he gave us guys all kinds of crap because we didn’t stop it. Yeah, well, I felt kind of bad about that, but I was kind of afraid that they would turn on me. I did yell to stop. Oh, wait, no that wasn’t me. It was the one girl’s sister.

Do
I watched a girl fight once. Two girls going at it; fists flying, hair pulling, one girl had a bleeding lip and the other had a really nasty bite mark on her arm. Teacher (male) broke it up and didn’t say much to the girls, but he gave us guys all kinds of crap because we didn’t stop it. Yeah, well, I felt kind of bad about that, but I was kind of afraid that they would turn on me. I did yell to stop. Oh, wait, no that wasn’t me. It was the one girl’s sister.
Manuela lived a short distance down the road from me as a kid. She was simply gorgeous, nice, athletic and very rough when she joined us playing sports on a vacant field. All of the boys in the neighbor, including me, were madly in love with her, even when she slapped us on the ground during some football. She was not to be messed with and we loved her even more for it.
One day at school a couple of jealous girls in the seventh grade decide to pull her hair. It was a spectacular mistake!

Do

Manuela lived a short distance down the road from me as a kid. She was simply gorgeous, nice, athletic and very rough when she joined us playing sports on a vacant field. All of the boys in the neighbor, including me, were madly in love with her, even when she slapped us on the ground during some football. She was not to be messed with and we loved her even more for it.
One day at school a couple of jealous girls in the seventh grade decide to pull her hair. It was a spectacular mistake!
Let me guess what she did after graduating. Either joined the Roller Derby or the WWE. Right?

If there was, I wasn’t aware of any. We all got along pretty good. Of course, we had our cliques. Depending on what your interests were, that’s the group you ran with.
Pretty much my experience as well. I had a couple of fights but they were just typical of what went on in 5th-8th grade. They weren't bullies or bad kids nor was I. Just boys at that age.

Sure, we definitely had bullies in school. I can't remember being "personally" bullied, though. Usually the bullies were non-discriminating.....everybody got their turn....LOL.

The worst bully I can remember in elementary school was a girl. EVERYBODY was afraid of her. You just kinda hoped it wasn't *your* day.

Back