Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

I will continue rooting around in old posts for amusement. Found some doozies today. *marks page 660 in GD*

i got new years eve off and i have plans to listen to another dj maj event on facebook. if i find the youtube video for it i'll post it for you all. i only work 4 days this week. not sure why but i'll take it. i think when i filled out the holiday request sheet i may have put nye as a day i wanted off or something.

weather is icky this morning so it's gonna take extra time to get to work. have a good day.

the funniest thing happened today. *lmao*

the boss gathered us all into the kitchen to tell us that 2 people (apparently food service staff but they don't know who) called the health dept. and turned us in for not masking properly all the time and for sitting together in the lunch room and spreading covid to other workers. 2 more have it btw.

so we got told that now everyone has to mask all the time whether their in the office or kitchen or anywhere. and we have to sit separately. you should see the dining room now. stuff that shoulda happened 10 mo. ago is now because someone got it and got pissed and turned it in. *lol*

good morning. more snow is on the way with it's buddy ice for thurs. and fri. i hope the weather man is wrong. anywho...i have another fun filled day at work. *rme* how any retiree could possibly miss doing this crap every day is beyond me. i could totally be on board with staying home and finding other things to do with my time. working from home would surely be better. i might try to find something like that to supplement my income if i decide to retire. i have a feeling my body is going to dictate when that happens whether i want to or not.

i'm having my coffee and doing my usual breathing treatment. copd woke me this morning. *wrinkles nose* i'm not sure what we're having on the grill today because we couldn't locate the frozen chicken parts that were listed as the special in the freezer or anywhere else for that matter. i got a feeling our grill lead will be in a mood today. oh goodie! *lol*

i forgot to get our numbers so here's from the 28th:
The total for the county is now 4,145, with 1,882 cases that are actively being monitored by the Health Department.
the death toll is now 54. :cry:

so far from what i'm seeing in articles that i have read in the past and new ones coming out...we are likely gonna be stuck with this virus whether we like it or not. so all the bickering about the masks and the lockdowns and the vaccines is a totally moot point.

morning. i want to apologize because i'm a little cranky. have been since yesterday. sometimes i go through spells where i'm incredibly sad and other times just really cranky. this week apparently it's cranky. yippee. so if i don't post much...don't take offense. it's me trying to be nice. 😁

This guy set these online celebrations up in response to Covid and now it's turned into a thing. I'm glad. It's nice to get an hr to just jam to some fun music and forget my cares.

There was a thing popped up in the video that asked for a favorite memory from 2020. Some of the folks I've met here have given me happy times I can enjoy for a time to come. I think my favorite thing was being told to stay home. LOL

One thing I am extremely thankful for is God and his love and care. If not for Him I think I wouldn't be here.

The snow is supposed to miss us now thank God. It's pointless to go to bed before midnight cuz the neighbors will have fireworks. People will be people I guess.

Back