Do any of you have to sleep with a fan by your bed?!?

Yes I sleep with a fan pointing at my bed .. remote control oscillating ,like this one...

31KoX90xsCL.jpg
..I've got a ceiling fan, but that just irritates me, it's too noisy

On our farm I think you would die if you didn't have a fan, EVERYWHERE! 90-100 degrees, humidity 80 for weeks in the summer. We started using window air conditioners also... about 1980. We now use three, and still have to push the cool air around with floor fans. As we age it seems our tolerance for being uncomfortable diminishes. Having the right clothes on, and temperature control...a very important part of our lives. :)

I always use my ceiling fan, along with the A/C during the hot months here. And I have a white noise machine that goes on every night too. Just use that machine out of habit I think, have for years.

When we get cooler weather and a good breeze at night, I leave my back patio door open. That's the best sleep.

In fairly mild weather, we sleep with the windows open and the ceiling fan on slow speed. That way, we get some constant fresh air, and the fan is quiet. On the flip side, when the windows are open, the birds wake us up way too early.

I sleep with one by the bed for the white noise.
I have a white noise CD that sounds like a low pitched air conditioner. I can't sleep without it anymore. It doesn't cut out everything like the garbage truck or the gardeners when I used to work PM shift and slept later. I liked it so much I ordered two more but I don't think that web page that sold them is there anymore.

I have a white noise CD that sounds like a low pitched air conditioner. I can't sleep without it anymore. It doesn't cut out everything like the garbage truck or the gardeners when I used to work PM shift and slept later. I liked it so much I ordered two more but I don't think that web page that sold them is there anymore.
they have little machines you can mount on the wall behind your bed and plug in. i've used my mom's when i was there. they just need to be louder. mom freaked out the first time i brought my box fan and got it roaring. lol!

I have one of those sound machines
put it on thunder storms and heavy rainfall sound,,,,darn thing is I am terrified of real thunder storms
a therapist would make a fortune off me!

right now, in the room i'm in, with a window open, it's 79.2 deg f ( at 8pm) .. too hot to sleep without at least a fan,,,

In Spain I have AC... but here most people don't have AC waaaayy too expensive to have installed through bricks and mortar..
I have a portable air conditioner on wheels hiked up on bed leg Risers to even the window exhaust hose a 14,000 btu
It worked great gor my studio apt. Also is a heater ect.

What is white noise?
White noise is sound that includes all frequencies audible to the human ear—between 20 hertz and 20,000 hertz—played at an equal intensity or amplitude, measured in decibels. This produces a "shh" sound similar to that of a humming air conditioner, a hair dryer, a whirring fan, TV static, or radio static. The sound of white noise can conceal other more jarring sounds, allowing you to get a better night's sleep. The term "white noise" derives from the term "white light;" just as white light is a blend of all visible light wavelengths, white noise is a blend of all audible sound frequencies.

Back