Do you believe you live in a racist nation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you questioned my hope for improved behavior in the black community.........
No, I did not. All I said was white folks, all folks, kill each other too. I'm not responsible for how you interpret.

And maybe because white people don't riot in the streets damn near every time a white suspect is killed by the police.
This time, for this particular victim, George Floyd, it became an equal opportunity riot, and I saw as many whites, if not more, in the streets.

"Because you questioned my hope for improved behavior in the black community.........
No, I did not. All I said was white folks, all folks, kill each other too. I'm not responsible for how you interpret."

When you divert to the behavior of another community ... you question the discussion on the original topic.

"And maybe because white people don't riot in the streets damn near every time a white suspect is killed by the police.
This time, for this particular victim, George Floyd, it became an equal opportunity riot, and I saw as many whites, if not more, in the streets.
"

Here again, diversion away from the original topic. If the blacks had not rioted in the streets in the beginning , we likely would not even be having this discussion.

Spin it as you will ..... I stand by my posted replies.

I beg you, please tell me you are not including Confederates. If so, and I hope not, given you say "protecting freedom" then I have another question.

I want to thank you personally for all the years you have been protecting the public and the eloquent way you describe your story.
Eleven years ago, I toured a lot of Europe. On one part of the trip, I visited the Normandy beaches. Up on a small hillside is the American Cemetery. Visualizing the men who stormed those beaches was overwhelming. The first men off the boats and onto the shore knew that their odds of surviving the Germans’ onslaught was slim as the Germans laid in their bunkers while shooting those first men was like shooting ducks on a pond. Then, we visited the American Cemetery not far from the shoreline. Looking at all of those white crosses, it again overwhelmed me and tears formed in my eyes. I thanked them all and said a prayer.

Then, later in the trip, we visited Auschwitz. My wife and I stood looking at the buildings. I could smell decomposition. I know the smell. We were told that even then (2009) that small fragments of bones were still being found. Again, my eyes teased.

Now, right now, as I look on TV and watch uneducated radicals start with legal, calm protests, which I agree they were right to do so. But, then ANTIFA comes in and gets the crowds all excited and into egregious mode. Hate and destroy everything. If they couldn’t tear it down, they burned it down. Shoot the cops, throw Molotov cocktails, rocks, whatever. Burn churches and then step it up to tearing down monuments and statues. Our history. Yes, it’s not all good, but it’s our history. If you believe it should be moved to maybe inside a museum, gave a conversation about it.

Finally, now they have mayors and governors in their hip pockets. Setting up their own communes inside cities. Defunding the police and now even getting rid of the police.

I’m telling everyone, if things don’t change and I don’t mean back to the way it was, but if these anarchist’s actions don’t stop, this will not end well.

My grandfather didn't like me dating an Italian as he was in Italy during the second world war. When overhead bombing went down he hid in a shed filled with oranges and as kids we would torment him by peeling an orange in front of him. We were very very young. He met an Italian woman called Anna who he wanted to bring home and find work for her . She was referred to as Anna the piana because we were told that she would run her fingers up and down his back (seriously - that's what we were told) o_O He was a kind man and not rascist and on reflection he may simply have disliked me dating at 16 years of age rather than the boy being Italian. Perhaps because I knew about grandfather being in Italy and some of the things that went on there, it was me that had jumped to that conclusion. Food for thought :unsure:

Your post brought back memories from my past. When my grandmother was alive and I was dating my husband ,I am Italian and my husband is Irish, my grandmother would introduce us by saying "this is my granddaughter and her boyfriend he is Irish but he is nice. " When I met my Husbands Mom she said "God save me from the Italians ,but not you Barbara." Of course that is not as bad as racism is among the whites and blacks.

And it was by the grace of God that Denny survived, but you don't care about that. Racism IS a 2-way street.
You obviously have no idea what I care about. I think what happen to Denny was awful. But he survived. The point which you missed is there is a difference between beating someone vs dragging someone behind a truck for several miles until they are decapitated.

You obviously have no idea what I care about. I think what happen to Denny was awful. But he survived. The point which you missed is there is a difference between beating someone vs dragging someone behind a truck for several miles until they are decapitated.
The my comments were directed at the post about was whether race is a 2-way street. It is. And FYI, I don't really give a flip about what you care about. Have a nice day.

@911
The first 2 paragraphs in your post to me are so beautifully written that I feel I was with you on that Normandy Beach and the notorious Auschwitz. I thank you for writing them, they are an experience worthy of retelling.

Being from NYC I will usually support our fine police men and women. Not only are they heroes of September 11, but continued to be in exposing and neutralizing terrorist threats. The older I get, the more I love them.

No, anarchy won't work in our society. Anarchy, though romanticized, is something for fiction, 'The Republic' of Plato, the 'Utopia' of Thomas More. Not for us, we're a bunch of greedy animals and we'd tear each other apart.

We differ in some ways (so what?) but what I gain from your postings is knowledge, experience, thoughtfulness and caring for society. Thank you for sharing, I really look forward to your opinions, based on true insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back